[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jerious Norwood

capostatus

why doesnt this guy get more touches? hes one of the fastest backs in the league and has game breaking ability. last week only had 5 carries and this week he carried 9. with petrino sayin they were going to get him a lot more involved and the jags givin up how many yards to the titans on the ground i figured he would have a much better week.

this guy needs 20 carries. dunn is old and does not have the play making ability that norwood has. i didnt see the game so i dont know the whole story with the falcons but i dont see why harrington cant hand it off to him.

Unfortunately for Norwood, Dunn is still a good back....

Also, Norwood apparently is a poor pass-blocker & does not read / adjust well when the DEF throws something unexpected matchup or formation-wise at ATL at the line... in addition, Dunn is probably as close as anything the Falcons have to a team leader on offense ... so I can understand their desire to keep him on the field as long as he's running well.

As a very disappointed Norwood owner in a couple of leagues, I don't quite understand why ATL doesn't find a way to get the ball in his hands more. He's the one legitimate game breaker on offense, and for a team that's scored 10 pts (last in the NFL so far) in 2 games they need exactly that - a game breaker.

i still dont understand why he isnt gettin 20 carries though......yes dunn is still a solid back and leader but still. norwood & dunn both combined only had 22 carries and this is on an ATL team that rushed how many times last yr? they led the league if im not mistaken. i guess vick did have that much of an impact.

so when will the torch pass? this season? next season? should i permanently put norwood on the pine until he proves he's a viable option? norwood was my RB #2 but i have derrick ward and even lendale white.

i used a 5th round pick on this guy thinkin he would have a huge breakout yr.....somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000+ total yds and double digit total TDs

RotoWire

Sep 10 During his press conference, Atlanta Falcons head coach Bobby Petrino said he would like to make sure RB Jerious Norwood gets more touches. "We want to get the ball in Jerious' hands. He is a guy that has the speed and the ability to make big plays for us. We have to make sure that he gets more touches," said Petrino.

:D

Edited by capostatus

Norwood will never get 20-25 touches a game as he doesn't have the size to allow it. I think 15 touches is the max that he should see.

Also, for whoever was complaining about the Falcons not running the ball enough, you can't run when you're multiple scores behind.

He's 2" taller and 15 lbs heavier than Dunn.

Norwood will never get 20-25 touches a game as he doesn't have the size to allow it. I think 15 touches is the max that he should see.

Also, for whoever was complaining about the Falcons not running the ball enough, you can't run when you're multiple scores behind.

They said the same thing about lots of guys his size, last I checked...

Norwood 5'11" 202

Westbrook 5'10" 203

Addai 5'11" 210

FWP 5'10" 207

The other three guys seem able to handle 20+ touches, between handoffs and catches. I think Norwood can certainly carry the load and should be getting the majority of the touches immediately.

Norwood does have the measureables, but I think piratesownninjas might've used the wrong word in describing Norwood when he said Norwood doesn't have the "size" to be an everydown back.

Norwood's "build", is probably what he was referring to.

Norwood's weight is all upper body, to go along with toothpick legs. Not Tod Stinkston toothpick legs, but for a RB, Norwood's not all that solidly built in the lower body.

Not saying he can't build himself up more in the lower body, as he's still young & could still fill out some. But it is telling that he specifically added bulk this off season & was only able to put it on in his upper body area.

Still doesn't mean he can't be an everydown back, but I THINK that's piratesownninjas concern with Norwood. :D

Unfortunately for Norwood, Dunn is still a good back. Patience Grasshopper, the passing of the torch will happen, just not yet.

Unfortunately for both Norwood and Dunn, Harrington isn't working out as planned (shocker) and the OL has been slow to transition from the zone scheme.

If this past week is a sign of things to come, Norwood will be taking over 1st/2nd down duty sooner rather than later. Yes Dunn just scored but Petrino is definitely working Norwood in much more.

Edited by kingfish247

Norwood's screamed Tatum Bell from day 1 to me. The guy isn't built to take the 20+carries/game as an every down back. As bad as ATL is, he's bound to at least getting a crack at getting a great share of carries.

Norwood's long term future is as a change of pace guy. Possibly one of the best in the game at RB.

Well, Petrino says Harrington is holding onto the ball way too long......thus his sack problem. If Lefty gets the ball out quicker and trusts his WRs then sacks could go down.

If the ATL WRs would ever get open, I'd expect that at least some of the problem might go away.

HI, I'm a huge Falcons homer but I'm afraid I've never heard of these players "Norwood" or "Dunn" you speak of. After Vick was suspended I sold my season tickets on Ebay and now most Sundays you can find me on the corner selling crack, just like the rest of the week.

HI, I'm a huge Falcons homer but I'm afraid I've never heard of these players "Norwood" or "Dunn" you speak of. After Vick was suspended I sold my season tickets on Ebay and now most Sundays you can find me on the corner selling crack, just like the rest of the week.

:DA lifelong Giants fan :D

Well I'm a believer, it may take time before it pans out but I gave up Jacoby Jones and B.Berrian for Owen Daniels and Norwood, Norwood is to talented, its the second week...4th or 5th I'm nervous but hey one good week, even a couple of scores and he's in the top 10-15 backs.....stats wise. Numerically he's got more points than Sjax in my league.....2 weeks and everyone is giving up on everyone, LJ,LT,Sjax, etc.......We need time gentlemen but Norwood will produce........Now for some it sounds like a bad deal but i got another RB and a backup TE......Not tier 1 but as i call it, Tier will do.......I drafted 12th and have made considerable changes.....

1. (12) Travis Henry RB

2. (13) Steve Smith WR

3. (36) Antonio Gates TE

4. (37) Larry Fitzgerald WR

5. (60) Chester Taylor RB

6. (61) Ladell Betts RB

7. (84) Jerricho Cotchery WR

8. (85) Devery Henderson WR

9. (108) Jake Delhomme QB

10. (109) Eli Manning QB

11. (132) Dallas DEF

12. (133) Bo Scaife TE

13. (156) Adrian Peterson RB

14. (157) Jacoby Jones WR

15. (180) Josh Scobee K

You do what you have too, beg, borrow and steal or trade!

Edited by IrishPride