[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Jones

bigrocks

Recommendation: Fantasy owners will have to wait at least another week to see how the Tatum Bell/Kevin Jones battle shakes out. Next week’s game at Kansas City may start to provide some answers, assuming Jones can return by then. We’ll check on his status throughout the week to determine his chances of making a Week 3 debut.

Recommendation: Fantasy owners will have to wait at least another week to see how the Tatum Bell/Kevin Jones battle shakes out. Next week’s game at Kansas City may start to provide some answers, assuming Jones can return by then. We’ll check on his status throughout the week to determine his chances of making a Week 3 debut.

There is no battle. Jones is the man if/when he comes back healthy. Hopefully KJ will be full go in a couple weeks.

Considered Probable for week 3.

The local insider was just on the radio, unless there is a set back he'll go this week, obviously how much will be determined. I think if he feels good early on he could get up to 15-20 carries plus a few receptions.

Not sure how good the Philly defense is so that could be a contributing factor as well.

Recommendation: Fantasy owners will have to wait at least another week to see how the Tatum Bell/Kevin Jones battle shakes out. Next week’s game at Kansas City Philly may start to provide some answers, assuming Jones can return by then. We’ll check on his status throughout the week to determine his chances of making a Week 3 debut.

Fixed

There is no battle. Jones is the man if/when he comes back healthy. Hopefully KJ will be full go in a couple weeks.

Considered Probable for week 3.

This link has made my day...

I'm a pretty big Kevin Jones supporter and I'd really like for him to be 100% against the Packers...

Coming from a Packers fan...

Looking at targeting him in a trade (I need RB help). Thought he might have been active this week, but don't think he made into the game against the Vikings....

Any ideas out there??

To win these fantasy games you have to take some risks. if you wait to hear if Jones is OK or if you wait to see if he is the starter, then his price goes up. Grab him now while he's at his cheapest and HOPE he recovers fully and regains the starting gig. if he never makes it back you haven't lost much and if he does you got good value cheap. Now get that offer out there!!! NOW!!!

Not soon enough! I mean NOW!

To win these fantasy games you have to take some risks. if you wait to hear if Jones is OK or if you wait to see if he is the starter, then his price goes up. Grab him now while he's at his cheapest and HOPE he recovers fully and regains the starting gig. if he never makes it back you haven't lost much and if he does you got good value cheap. Now get that offer out there!!! NOW!!!

Wisdom from panhead55 ... :D

Or... if you really know FF and are in a decent league, he is unavailable and has been since draft day!!! But go get 'em if I'm wrong on either count!

Well, he's not going to be available in any real league. And those who drafted him probably aren't going to be willing to give him up for that cheap.

The bottom line is the price to obtain KJ now will be cheaper because he has health and starter issues (i.e. Bell). If you wait on KJ and he returns to the starting lineup and is productive he will cost a lot more to obtain via trade. You have to strike now while there is uncertainty. Yes, it's riskier, but that's how you win championships.

The bottom line is the price to obtain KJ now will be cheaper because he has health and starter issues (i.e. Bell). If you wait on KJ and he returns to the starting lineup and is productive he will cost a lot more to obtain via trade. You have to strike now while there is uncertainty. Yes, it's riskier, but that's how you win championships.

Maybe, but as a KJ owner in two leagues, there is not a chance in h-ell I let him go on the cheap right now and neither would anyone in the leagues I'm in. Those of us who drafted him have been waiting for his return big time - particularly me as I also have Ronnie Brown in these same two leagues.

You win championships with patience on this kind of stuff and I would daresay this is a riskier move than moving him cheap because ya, maybe I could get a starter for him, but I'm choosing to wait and ride it out. Don't get me wrong - he's not UN-tradeable, just not cheap. Not yet anyway.

Edited by Cunning Runt

09/18/07 11:35 AM

THE NEWS

Kevin Jones is targeting Sunday's game against the Eagles for his return from a December surgery to repair a Lisfranc fracture. "I'm optimistic," head coach Rod Marinelli told the Detroit Free Press regarding Jones. "But I never want to tell you something that I can back up 100 percent." If Jones plays, he will most likely be limited to 15 to 20 snaps.

Our View

Jones' return could take a bite out of Tatum Bell's production. Although we still expect Bell to start, he would lose some reps to KJ. We'll keep fantasy owners updated on Jones' status throughout the week.

Werd. 15-20 snaps not carries. I think I'll wait another week.

:D

What makes anyone think that an owner that drafted KJ knowing that he was going to be out upwards fo 6 weeks would sell him on the cheap?

He costs as much now as he would at high productivity on my rosters, and I have him on a few.

09/18/07 11:35 AM

Werd. 15-20 snaps not carries. I think I'll wait another week.

Werd but 15-20 snaps could turn into 25-30 snaps if he feels good and is running hard. I hear his conditioning is very good although probably not football good.

Plus he should get any goal line carries if Duckett isn't back yet.

Bottom line if you have a viable alternative you should probably go with it but if not I think it's worth a gamble but remember it is a gamble.

RB Kevin Jones (DET) practiced hard Wednesday and his foot responded well adding more optimism on his chances of playing this Sunday. Barring a setback today or Friday, Jones said he's looking forward to his first action of the season. "I practiced hard," Jones said. "I tried to go all out, and it felt good. We're going to see -- towards the end of the week, see how it feels. I'm optimistic." HC Rod Marinelli, who earlier said he would like to get Jones 15-20 snaps echoed Jones' optimism. "He was cutting pretty violently today and running pretty hard today. I'm optimistic. It's the day after where we find out. He can either get really sore and swollen, or there's nothing the next day."