[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For those who gamble on college football

Sir Loins of Beef

...and since I've watched every gamecock game since I've been at college, Spurrier always gets his team to play to the level of the competition (except for 2 games, 1 was at Auburn where Antonio Heffner had to start [who was absolutely terrible] at last year with Georgia, because the offensive line had not gelled).

Also, our defense this year is stout and we havent allowed a TD since the first quarter of game 1. The rest of the points have all been FGs.

Problem is I am not sure how South Carolina will even score. You better hope it is 14-0.

I don't know if anyone here actually watches any South Carolina games, but we aren't that bad on offense. Our recievers are big and fast, and get open...it's just some of the young guys (a couple redshirt and true freshmen) drop some easy passes. South Carolina will score. Not only that, our defense is pretty good. The linebackers are crazy and are both NFL material (If you don't know who Jasper Brinkley is, look him up) and our secondary, while we've lost 1 or 2, is still very fast and smart.

I'm not saying go out and put your life savings into the game, but this isn't going to be a blowout. We may be overrated a little in the rankings, but we arent overrated like VT, and we aren't MTSU.

...Also, our defense this year is stout and we havent allowed a TD since the first quarter of game 1. The rest of the points have all been FGs.

A few stats:

South Car. vs UL 315 yds allowed - 2 TD's

South Car. vs UGA 341 yds allowed - 4 FG's

South Car. vs SC st 264 yds allowed - 1 FG

Total 920 yds allowed - 29 points

LSU vs Miss. St. 146 yds allowed - 0 points

LSU vs VT 149 yds allowed - 1 TD

LSU vs Mid Ten ST. 90 yds allowed - 0 points

Total 385 yds allowed - 7 points

Now thats a stout Def.

Edited by neilfish2

I hate people that ignore actually watching games and competition, and see the improvements from week to week. Instead we will read the statline and guess at what's happening. Each week South Carolina's defense has looked better. UGA was done at UGA, and only allowed FGs.

Miss State never has an offense, VT's QB is horrible and nevermind Mid Tenn State. Yes SC gives up yards, but not points. Since the first quarter of the year, no team has got more than FGs against them. I'm not saying South Carolina has played a lot better competition, because both UGA and VT are overrated, but UGA is still better than VT.

LSU has not played an offensive capable team yet.

I hate people that ignore actually watching games and competition, and see the improvements from week to week. Instead we will read the statline and guess at what's happening. Each week South Carolina's defense has looked better. UGA was done at UGA, and only allowed FGs.

Miss State never has an offense, VT's QB is horrible and nevermind Mid Tenn State. Yes SC gives up yards, but not points. Since the first quarter of the year, no team has got more than FGs against them. I'm not saying South Carolina has played a lot better competition, because both UGA and VT are overrated, but UGA is still better than VT.

MTSU put up ~550 yards and 42 pts on Louisville, both more than Kentucky mustered.

Well obviously reading this thread, MTSU is a powerhouse team with the stats being shown. No where am I questioning how good LSU is, they deserve to be #2. What I am doing is questioning the actual knowledge of the posters here. It seems most huddlers know nothing of college football and jump on the bandwagon of who they see on TV.

This is most obvious in the ND thread. I hate ND, but everyone could see this bad year coming, it's very hard to replace a whole offense, but a lot of peopel here just go, "ohh they suck, they can't coach, they can't play." Yes, they should look better, but it's hard to ease younger players into the game when the first 3 games of the year are GT, PSU, and Michigan.

Sounds like Coach Spurrier is down playing this weekend's game at his weekly press conference.

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=53684

He joked about their high ranking saying the only reason why they are ranked as high as they are is because they had the good fortune of only having one of their games on national TV.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Sounds like Coach Spurrier is down playing this weekend's game at his weekly press conference.

http://www.wltx.com/video/spurrierVideoPla...d=53440&bw=

He joked about their high ranking saying the only reason why they are ranked as high as they are is because they had the good fortune of only having one of their games on national TV.

I think the ranking is due to people just like mentioning 'cocks' in a sentence without getting in trouble. That said, it must be one of the most un-PC mascots left in the NCAA.

Isn't watching two birds destroy each other as bad for your kharma as watching two dogs, and didn't Con-Vick just get into major trouble for that? How is this allowed when the Fighting Illini have to change theirs? I have questions, and nobody has the answers....

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=53684

...He does this every week, since he has been at South Carolina. I've been at this college since he has been here, I've heard his weekly press conferences. He downplays it every week....like I said...people never pay attention...look up any of his past press conferences over the past couple years.

Edited by CD6405

I think the ranking is due to people just like mentioning 'cocks' in a sentence without getting in trouble. That said, it must be one of the most un-PC mascots left in the NCAA.

Isn't watching two birds destroy each other as bad for your kharma as watching two dogs, and didn't Con-Vick just get into major trouble for that? How is this allowed when the Fighting Illini have to change theirs? I have questions, and nobody has the answers....

PETA has protested a couple times around our school, and also in front of the State House. The bill they wanted to pass to get rid of the name failed, and we are still the Gamecocks.

PETA has protested a couple times around our school, and also in front of the State House. The bill they wanted to pass to get rid of the name failed, and we are still the Gamecocks.

OK, I'll accept that answer for now. But you have to know that the USC in SoCal is the original USC, so you guys will have to with USCJr from now on....

OK, I'll accept that answer for now. But you have to know that the USC in SoCal is the original USC, so you guys will have to with USCJr from now on....

Actually, South Carolina is the REAL USC. We were established in 1801 while Southern Cal was established in 1880. :D

Edited by CD6405

...He does this every week, since he has been at South Carolina. I've been at this college since he has been here, I've heard his weekly press conferences. He downplays it every week....like I said...people never pay attention...look up any of his past press conferences over the past couple years.

If you have been there then you know South Carolina has lost 10 games in his two years. So perhaps he hasn't been downplaying, but simply giving his true accessment of where he feels his program is at the time of those press conferences.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Actually, South Carolina is the REAL USC. We were established in 1801 while Southern Cal was established in 1880. :D

Let's not split hairs (or 'combs' when considering roosters!) here. I was of course referring to football prowess - along the Carolina coast, you can call yourselves whatever you want. The rest of the country pictures the Trojan song girls, the Hollywood sign, palm trees and Heisman winners in the Cardinal & Gold when they hear 'USC'.....

If you have been there then you know South Carolina has lost 10 games in his two years. So perhaps he hasn't been downplaying, but simply giving his true accessment of where he feels his program is at the time of those press conferences.

We've also beaten Tennessee At Knoxville (which had never been done), beaten Florida (maybe like 3rd time in a while) and other teams like Clemson since he has been here. Last year we lost to Florida by 2 points at Florida because 2 or 3 blocked kicks from a guy (Jarvis Moss) who was supposed to be suspended (he tested positive for drugs the week before our game, but they *waited* and suspended him the week after us). We lost to Auburn because our TE dropped a TD in the endzone at the end of the game, we lost to Arkansas by like a FG.

He gives a veneer to all the people around the country that he thinks the team is horrible, but when you actually talk to the players around here or even listen to Spurrier, he wanted to win an SEC championship this year...and still thinks he has the type of team to do it. It's a hard year to do it, but it's not impossible.

www.letsshowcorso.com, watch "the game is on" at the top to see what he thinks.

Eh...but it's no big deal if other people, like you, don't understand or believe it...I mean come on? How much comprehension can you expect from someone with John Rocker, and his name, in their huddler name? :D

Edited by CD6405

CD did you watch the game? :D

Pretty good defense,, don't you think?

CD did you watch the game? :D

Pretty good defense,, don't you think?

The thing is, I never said LSU wasn't a great team. I never said USC would win, I knew they were a good defense, and our senior QB is retarded. They didn't hold USC to like 70 yards like everyone here believed that's on LSU nuts.

In fact, if it's hard to scroll up this is what i said:

I'm not saying go out and put your life savings into the game, but this isn't going to be a blowout. We may be overrated a little in the rankings, but we arent overrated like VT, and we aren't MTSU.

LSU is a great team and should be in the NC, I knew that weeks ago...but I don't understand the post of talking trash to the guy who is going for the underdog. :D

EDIT: On a side note, I hope Mitchell never starts again. He needs to be pulled like last year when we put in Newton. Mitchell always crumbles under any pressure. EVEN if it's not near him...albeit Glenn Dorsey was a beast today.

Edited by CD6405

I don't know if anyone here actually watches any South Carolina games, but we aren't that bad on offense. Our recievers are big and fast, and get open...it's just some of the young guys (a couple redshirt and true freshmen) drop some easy passes. South Carolina will score. Not only that, our defense is pretty good. The linebackers are crazy and are both NFL material (If you don't know who Jasper Brinkley is, look him up) and our secondary, while we've lost 1 or 2, is still very fast and smart.

Was he the guy that got hurt?

Was he the guy that got hurt?

Sadly yes, and as soon as he went out...our run defense sucked. He controls the whole field and will make audibles and get guys in place. When he went down, I knew our run defense was screwed.

Pretty much they starting running straight at the MLB spot, and with good reason.

Edited by CD6405