[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vince Young is The Man

Pope Flick

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i'm pretty sure no one directly affiliated with either team actually runs the clock. i just called it a hometown thing because, back in the day, that was usually the explanation when one team got very favorable time stoppages like that.

I still don't see how Reggie can't run 21 yds in 3 seconds or how it takes Marvin four full seconds to run from the 4-yd line to the back of the endzone.

The Colts are actually really good at clock management during the two-minute drill.

I've got the game TiVo'd. Ball is snapped at 5 seconds. Ball is laying on the ground incomplete with one second on the clock.

well no chit, because the guy stopped the clock. but where is the ball when the clock first got to 1 second...it was still in the air, not even to harrison yet.

The pass to Wayne was ridiculous, and the catch was even better, and it took 3 seconds. Reggie was running flat out down the sideline, caught it in stride and immediately was knocked out of bounds. How do you not think a guy can run 20 yards in three seconds? :D

:D right. what's a good stopwatch time on a 3-step drop and throw? a second and a half, maybe? and how long for the ball to travel say 25 yards downfield and from the middle of the field out to the sideline? about another second and a half? doesn't leave much time for the snap, the catch, two feet down and OB, does it?

:D right. what's a good stopwatch time on a 3-step drop and throw? a second and a half, maybe? and how long for the ball to travel say 25 yards downfield and from the middle of the field out to the sideline? about another second and a half? doesn't leave much time for the snap, the catch, two feet down and OB, does it?

You're not accounting for the fact that the "3" seconds of time most likely isn't exactly 3 seconds. They're only reporting time to one significant digit. When the Colts started out with "4" seconds left on the clock and the incomplete pass to Marvin stopped it with "1" second left, there may have actually been 0.2 seconds left. But the clock will report it as a full second.

well no chit, because the guy stopped the clock. but where is the ball when the clock

Colts second drive. Pass to Clark bounces off Clark's hands and Gonzalez scoops it up for a catch. According to the game log that took 4 seconds. I guess that's impossible too?

Or in the third quarter when Titans QB Vince Young threw an incomplete pass to Roydell Williams that also took 4 seconds?

All that is from the drive charts you posted, but I don't see you bitching about those?

Edited by CaptainHook

well no chit, because the guy stopped the clock. but where is the ball when the clock first got to 1 second...it was still in the air, not even to harrison yet.

I paused the game. The ball is snapped with 5 seconds on the clock. Peyton is one and a half steps into his dropback before it turns to 4 seconds.

When Harrison touches the ball, there is still two seconds on the clock. It's not until it's about 3 feet away from him, and about a foot off the ground before it clicks down to one second.

I just looked at the Wayne play. The ball is snapped with 24 seconds (not 21, like the log says) on the clock, and Wayne is out of bounds with 19 seconds (not 18) on the clock! So the logs are not precise.

And it's a moot point anyway, because there's a ton of error both in the logs and on the game clock. There's no way to tell if "19" means 19.00 or 18.01.

And it's a moot point anyway, because there's a ton of error both in the logs and on the game clock.

yup. error that handed the colts a FG they didn't deserve at the end of the second half. let's face it, you don't usually snap the ball with 4 (or 5)seconds on the clock, drop back and throw, and expect to get another play off after that. if anything, those guys usually err on the side of letting an extra second or two run off.

yup. error that handed the colts a FG they didn't deserve at the end of the second half. let's face it, you don't usually snap the ball with 4 (or 5)seconds on the clock, drop back and throw, and expect to get another play off after that. if anything, those guys usually err on the side of letting an extra second or two run off.

nice job avoiding my responses. One that shows the Titans also had a 4 second incompletion. One that shows the game log is not precise. But you are still making a lame argument. :D

Back on the Vince Young thing, I just checked some of the Titans message boards, they are all commenting on his immaturity. I guess the radio guys were letting Vince have it for his attitude in post-game interviews, as well as what happened before half, and immediately after the game.