[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just HOW annoying isChris Berman...

millerx

It's no longer a matter of if, but just how much....

Personally, I jump to grab the remote when I see he is on. If I here his "three stooges" (for lack of a better discription) imitation one more time (whoop...blah,blah,blah...whoop... blah,blah,blah)...I'm gonna put a bullet in my head!

Anyone else feel the same?

I can feel he's a bit full of himself for the last few years, but, the guy has been huge.

Never forget his Alstott calls.

How about, "look at that little Meggett run!"

or, "He could....GO.....ALL.... THE....WAY!!"

dude is a broadcasting Icon.

Weren't these Howard Cosell's??

Edited by Rileyrott

Hes a legend, respect him.

Yes he is a legend. Yes he has done alot for football and sports in general.Yes, he USE to be good at one time.

I agree to all that. At first it was sad. Now, it's just annoying to see him living off the personna he has created, with his nicknames, his sound effects, and his "could..go..all..the..way! ..... He is or was more than just that at one point in time. Don't get me wrong, there are times when he is doing the pre-game show, where he actually talks and doesn't shout incessant, idiotic names or discriptors....

It just grates on my last nerve when I hear his "loud" voice....

What would you prefer......I think he is far from full of himself.... Bob Costas....now that is talking full of yourself........ I actually like Kornhole.....I think he is amusing..... Imagine if you had Stuart Scott in the booth....now that would be annoying !!!!

What would you prefer......I think he is far from full of himself.... Bob Costas....now that is talking full of yourself........ I actually like Kornhole.....I think he is amusing..... Imagine if you had Stuart Scott in the booth....now that would be annoying !!!!

Costas is by far the best anchor on TV. He actually treats his audience like it's composed of sentient thinking human beings, which might explain why you can't connect.

He talks down to the audience and acts like he knows everything.....he used to be excellent...but his ego got in his way.... Please use this forum to post your opinions....not personal assaults....shows the type of person you are when you do

He talks down to you maybe. The rest of us are fine.

I love Berman. Costas is great on Inside the NFL and the Olympics. Kornheiser is great on PTI, MNF and I used to buy the Washington Post for his and Wilbons columns alone.

On the flip side, you know who sucks as a commentator? EMMITT SMITH. OMG, shouldnt it be a requirement that you be able to speak proper english if you are speaking for a living (on an english station)? I think Tiki is far and away a better public speaker and he gets dogged endlessly.

Weren't these Howard Cosell's??

Not sure about "He could go all the way", although I tend to agree with No Quarter, I think that is from Cosell.

"Look at that little Meggett run" is probably a take-off on the time Cosell got in trouble when some Redskin guy was running back a kick and he said "Look at that little monkey run" - so yeah, that's from Cosell also.

Berman is an icon, but it's getting a bit tiresome. Costas is great when just doing his little speeches but I find that when he's interacting with the others and trying to make jokes on the fly, he's out to lunch. Emmitt is awful!!!! He kept saying Jason, Jason (for Jason Campbell because he couldn't remember his last name) and then said Jason the quarterback!!!!