[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just HOW annoying isChris Berman...

millerx

I really don't have a problem with Berman because I really don't watch him that often, but when he did golf I just about threw up. His act was funny 12 years ago when I was in college. And now, I just change the channel.

Imagine if you had Stuart Scott in the booth....now that would be annoying !!!!

I'll go on record as saying I would never watch MNF again(at least until "Lazy Eye" was replaced

As far as Berman goes, he does get repetitive and loud at times, but I still think he's great.

On the flip side, you know who sucks as a commentator? EMMITT SMITH. OMG, shouldnt it be a requirement that you be able to speak proper english if you are speaking for a living (on an english station)?

I agree on Emmitt. He sounds like a frikin' idiot! :D

I don't like the direction that ESPN has gone over the last couple of years, but I still like Berman. He kind of reminds me of Alan Alda of MASH. When he is just doing his thing and being funny/entertaining/knowledge dropping, then I really like him... when he is being serious/caring/maudlin then he just bugs me and I change the channel.

More than just about anything in sports in general, I miss NFL Primetime. :D

I was a huge Emmitt Smith fan since his days at University of Florida. He seems like a great, likeable person, but it is no secret that he needs some work in the broadcasting booth. Anyone who saw the commentary with Steve Young after the game last night will know what I'm talking about.

Emmitt - "Poised"

Regarding Berman, I saw him at a restaurant in Atlanta one time. Dude looked all disheveled...ratty looking blazer with a polo shirt, paunchy belly and combover hair. You'd never know the man is a media icon. Man helped take ESPN to the levels that it is currently at.

Personally, I jump to grab the remote when I see he is on. If I here his "three stooges" (for lack of a better discription) imitation one more time (whoop...blah,blah,blah...whoop... blah,blah,blah)...I'm gonna put a bullet in my head!

Anyone else feel the same?

I think he sounds like the tasmanian devil whenever he goes into his "DA RAIDERS #@?!&%" bit. The guy doesn't even complete his sentences anymore because he's out of breath. He just tapers off and concedes that we get his point. It's time to put him down.

Weren't these Howard Cosell's??

Yes. Two of them are take-offs on Howard Cosell.

"Look at the little Meggett run!" is a take-off on Howard Cosell's much-criticized MNF call of a play involving the Redskins' WR Alvin Garrett in which Cosell yelled "Look at the little monkey run!" Some complained that Cosell's comment was racist in nature. Others complained that the comment unfairly stereotyped monkeys.

Berman's "he...could...go...all...the...way" call is also a take-off on Cosell, who used to make the identical call (with the deliberate pauses) during MNF half-time highlights.

Regarding Berman, I saw him at a restaurant in Atlanta one time. Dude looked all disheveled...ratty looking blazer with a polo shirt, paunchy belly and combover hair. You'd never know the man is a media icon. Man helped take ESPN to the levels that it is currently at.

Some would argue that is not a good thing.