[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Instant Fantasy Sports

Easy n Dirty

This is a new site that just launched last week, you can find it here if you're interested.

I'm not completely familiar with it yet, but it looks like a cross between online poker and fantasy sports, which is not surprising seeing that it was founded by a bunch of poker players. For football, you can enter a league, have a fast online draft (I think only 1 minute between picks), and then play a game this weekend (i.e., the entire draft would be geared toward only week 3 games, semi-instant gratification). Like an online poker site, they offer games for 10 players, 6 players, or even heads up, and at different stakes levels. No free games though (yet), to play you have to open an account and deposit some money there. Not sure how they pay out, I suspect it is also similar to online poker (i.e., pay top 3 50/30/20 for a 10-man game and top 2 70/30 for a 6-man game).

Kind of an interesting concept, be fun to run some private games between Huddlers. I think I might throw a couple bucks into an account and check it out.

This site is pretty similar to another service which can be found here - same concept, but here you build your team based on a salary cap, so contestants in a given contest could have players in common. I like the draft concept better, but the salary cap site has been around a little longer (the draft site was only launched last Thursday night, so week 3 football may be the first games they run, not really sure, and they may have trouble initially filling up contests. The salary cap site has been around a little longer I think, and also offers baseball).

FYI - I haven't tried either site yet, just mentioning it here in case anyone is interested. I cleared this with DMD prior to posting.

This is a new site that just launched last week, you can find it here if you're interested.

I'm not completely familiar with it yet, but it looks like a cross between online poker and fantasy sports, which is not surprising seeing that it was founded by a bunch of poker players. For football, you can enter a league, have a fast online draft (I think only 1 minute between picks), and then play a game this weekend (i.e., the entire draft would be geared toward only week 3 games, semi-instant gratification). Like an online poker site, they offer games for 10 players, 6 players, or even heads up, and at different stakes levels. No free games though (yet), to play you have to open an account and deposit some money there. Not sure how they pay out, I suspect it is also similar to online poker (i.e., pay top 3 50/30/20 for a 10-man game and top 2 70/30 for a 6-man game).

Kind of an interesting concept, be fun to run some private games between Huddlers. I think I might throw a couple bucks into an account and check it out.

This site is pretty similar to another service which can be found here - same concept, but here you build your team based on a salary cap, so contestants in a given contest could have players in common. I like the draft concept better, but the salary cap site has been around a little longer (the draft site was only launched last Thursday night, so week 3 football may be the first games they run, not really sure, and they may have trouble initially filling up contests. The salary cap site has been around a little longer I think, and also offers baseball).

FYI - I haven't tried either site yet, just mentioning it here in case anyone is interested. I cleared this with DMD prior to posting.

I have been a user on FantasySportsLive.com for a month now and I love the site. It has been very profitable for me, and it seems like I can beat-it long term. I personally prefer the cap method, as you can draft your team in just a few minutes. If I am going to draft a new team everyday or every week, I don't want to spend 1hr+ on a live draft. Plus there is no draft order advantage with the cap method. I will check out Instant Fantasy though. Thanks!

I have been a user on FantasySportsLive.com for a month now and I love the site. It has been very profitable for me, and it seems like I can beat-it long term. I personally prefer the cap method, as you can draft your team in just a few minutes. If I am going to draft a new team everyday or every week, I don't want to spend 1hr+ on a live draft. Plus there is no draft order advantage with the cap method. I will check out Instant Fantasy though. Thanks!

Spamtastic response!