[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rest of Season Rankings- QB

Redfish

Redfish,

Very good point as this "madness" applies to all of their Rest of Season Rankings. Take a look at the WR rankings below. There is way too much stock being placed on the YTD fantasy points after only 2 games. Does the Huddle truly belive that by seasons end Chris Chambers will score more points than Larry Fitz? Marques Colston is further down the list and after two games, your giving up on the guy? Devery Henderson is ranked higher? INSANE!!!

Moss over Chad and Steve Smith? I know he has looked good, but isnt this overboard? Ohhh and BTW, Burress is not and never will be a top ten receiver. Ever!!!!! I know the Rams have issues, but how can you value Burress over Holt? I have to agree with you Redfish, this is complete madness across the board.

I know everyone has their own opinions and thats what makes it fun, but these rankings are way off, and they are putting way too much stock in only two games. If the Huddle was in my league...I would crush them in trades:

Moss for Steve Smith

Burress for Roy Williams

Galloway for Larry Fitz

MY Team:

Steve Smith

Roy Williams

Larry Fitz

Huddle team:

Randy Moss

Burress

Galloway

At year end, my team would have 100 more points than theirs.

1 Randy Moss NEP 10

2 Chad Johnson CIN 5

3 Steve Smith CAR 7

4 Terrell Owens DAL 8

5 Marvin Harrison IND 6

6 Reggie Wayne IND 6

7 Andre Johnson HOU 10

8 Plaxico Burress NYG 9

9 Torry Holt STL 9

10 Joey Galloway TBB 10

11 T.J. Houshmandzadeh CIN 5

12 Donald Driver GBP 7

13 Roy Williams DET 6

14 Laveranues Coles NYJ 10

15 Santonio Holmes PIT 6

16 Javon Walker DEN 6

17 Braylon Edwards CLE 7

18 Deion Branch SEA 8

19 Chris Chambers MIA 9

20 Larry Fitzgerald ARI 8

21 Devery Henderson NOS 4

22 Ronald Curry OAK 5

23 Lee Evans BUF 6

24 Darrell Jackson SFO 6

25 Jerricho Cotchery NYJ 10

26 Anquan Boldin ARI 8

27 Calvin Johnson DET 6

28 Marques Colston

Take a look at the WR rankings below. There is way too much stock being placed on the YTD fantasy points after only 2 games. Does the Huddle truly belive that by seasons end Chris Chambers will score more points than Larry Fitz? Marques Colston is further down the list and after two games, your giving up on the guy? Devery Henderson is ranked higher? INSANE!!!

Moss over Chad and Steve Smith? I know he has looked good, but isnt this overboard? Ohhh and BTW, Burress is not and never will be a top ten receiver. Ever!!!!! I know the Rams have issues, but how can you value Burress over Holt? I have to agree with you Redfish, this is complete madness across the board.

Having Devery Henderson higher than Colston seems a bit odd, but I don't find any of the other three things you cited to be that outrageous (Moss over Johnson/Smith, Burress over Holt, or Chambers over Futz). Debateable, sure, but not ridiculous by any stretch.

And Burress was the #10 receiver in fantasy points just last season (not PPR), after finishing 14th in 2005.

I do believe I was one of the only ones in here that wasn't too high on Rivers and many thought I was crazy. Some thought he would be Top 5 this year!!!! So far it looks like I made the right call.

Rivers absence was in error and has been corrected.

What about the fact that Roethlisberger, Parker, Heath Miller, Hines Ward, Jeff Reed, & the Steelers defense are not #1 at their perspective positions ? :D I'm assuming that was another error.

I do believe I was one of the only ones in here that wasn't too high on Rivers and many thought I was crazy. Some thought he would be Top 5 this year!!!! So far it looks like I made the right call.

You're the best !!!! :D

What about the fact that Roethlisberger, Parker, Heath Miller, Hines Ward, Jeff Reed, & the Steelers defense are not #1 at their perspective positions ? :D I'm assuming that was another error.

Just an oversight.

You're the best !!!! :D

Well, now you're getting carried away. :wacko: Just calling a spade a spade. :wacko:

Does the endless self-promotion machine ever take a breather?

It's okay that others point out good calls they've made but I can't? I made a good call and simply stated so. Back when I made my comments about Rivers, people made comments about their feelings for him. It's all just in conversation and this is a pointless jab. The real question is Does the endless attempts on looking to bash Irish ever take a breather? You could help the cause EnD. :D

I went into the draft as Rivers as my targeted QB. I thought this would be his breakout year. Dude has all the physical skills, monster targets and a pass first head coach. He has played some very stout defenses and I think hes going to improve drastically over the course of the season.

I went into the draft as Rivers as my targeted QB. I thought this would be his breakout year. Dude has all the physical skills, monster targets and a pass first head coach. He has played some very stout defenses and I think hes going to improve drastically over the course of the season.

Good points and you know what, that very well could happen. I also think however, that that same head coach could also be part of the problem at times. They have had a rough schedule to start and better matchups could and should yield better results. Time will tell. If I'm wrong about Rivers this year, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong and certainly won't be the last. Hell, I had SJax ranked as my #1 RB last week. :D

Edited by irish

Good points and you know what, that very well could happen. I also think however, that that same head coach could also be part of the problem at times. They have had a rough schedule to start and better matchups could and should yield better results. Time will tell. If I'm worng about Rivers this year, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong and certainly won't be the last. Hell, I had SJax ranked as my #1 RB last week. :D

The playcalling has been very transparent heretofore.

It's okay that others point out good calls they've made but I can't? That is correct.

I made a good call and simply stated so. You're not allowed to...see above.

The real question is Does the endless attempts on looking to bash Irish ever take a breather? NEVER!!! :D

Kinda funny how a noobie tool (named Pros Picks no less) can come in here and dis theHuddle, saying he could do much better than our experts, yet Irish gets the bashing.

That's a little :D

+1 and that's exactly my point!!! Some here just have it out for me and that's fine but it's old as hell. And yet the noob's comments just get overlooked. Amazing!!! It's all good though, it is after all just a message board and life goes on...

I've learned how to take the pointless jabs with a grain of salt. Thanks for making the point cre8tiff. :D

Edited by irish

+1 and that's exactly my point!!! Some here just have it out for me and that's fine but it's old as hell. And yet the noob's comments just get overlooked. Amazing!!! It's all good though, it is after all just a message board and life goes on...

I've learned how to take the pointless jabs with a grain of salt. Thanks for making the point the cre8tiff. :D

Psst.......people don't have it out for you, it is just easy to get you riled up.

Then, watching you tell us how you aren't riled up at all, when you clearly are provides entertainment value.

I also enjoy how excited you get when someone else defends you.

All in all, you make this place more entertaining.........

Dude has all the physical skills, monster targets and a pass first head coach.

Since when is Norv a pass first head coach? Answer: Never.

That's the #1 reason I avoided Rivers this season.

Norv is known to be very good with quarterbacks, but he's never been pass first. Always been power running game first.

Since when is Norv a pass first head coach? Answer: Never.

That's the #1 reason I avoided Rivers this season.

Norv is known to be very good with quarterbacks, but he's never been pass first. Always been power running game first.

I targeted Rivers for a different reason. Dude had decent numbers last year while LT was setting records. Figured the probability of LT coming back to earth (20 TD's instead of 31?) was high, and the Charger offense was likely to be equally as good overall. That left 10-12 TD's for Rivers to pick up. That gives him 32-ish and the expected 3000 yards makes for a nice season for a $2 quarterback. Still like the logic, just don't like the results thus far.