[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Billick Says Jets Cheated

Easy n Dirty

APologies if this was already posted, I didn't find it anywhere.

Article

Billick says Jets d-linemen and linebackers were barking out signals in an effort to draw the Ranens offsides during Sunday's game.

Be interesting to know if he's doing this in order to work the refs for next week's game, or if he's trying to get back at Mangini perhaps for violating the coaches fraternity for ratting out Belicheat maybe? Not really sure what his motivation is here...

I'd venture to say that it's a little different than using video cameras illegally, but hey, that's just me.

I guess it really depends on what you classify as cheating. After all roughing the passer could be classified as cheating since it's against the rules. It seems like this one should have been caught by the referees, especially after the first instance.

I could be wrong about this, but I don't think that Mangini was the one who blew the whistle on his mentor. There has been a lot of animosity between the Jets and Pats front offices ever since Belichick embarrassed the Jets during that press conference and became the HC in NE. I'd say that somebody else was responsible for that.

Edited by Bill Swerski

APologies if this was already posted, I didn't find it anywhere.

Article

Billick says Jets d-linemen and linebackers were barking out signals in an effort to draw the Ranens offsides during Sunday's game.

Be interesting to know if he's doing this in order to work the refs for next week's game, or if he's trying to get back at Mangini perhaps for violating the coaches fraternity for ratting out Belicheat maybe? Not really sure what his motivation is here...

What he heard wasn't the Jets defenders barking out signals, it was them choking.

I could be wrong about this, but I don't think that Mangini was the one who blew the whistle on his mentor. There has been a lot of animosity between the Jets and Pats front offices ever since Belichick embarrassed the Jets during that press conference and became the HC in NE. I'd say that somebody else was responsible for that.

It's come out that Mangini blew the whistle on him early last year, the Jets security had the camera man removed, they complained to the NFL, but they didn't have any evidence. This year, they made sure NFL security confiscated the camera. The fact that Mangini ratted him out in the first meeting last year was the main source of animosity Belichick had.

The fact that declined the HC of the NYJ doesn't really come into play here. When Romeo C. left, he didn't go after any coaches, players, etc., like there was some unwritten rule there. When Mangini left, he went after coaches, messed with players under contract (Branch), and snitched on video gate.

From the boston herald :D

According to a league source, the New York Jets [team stats] coach kicked off the feud with his mentor last season by reporting the Patriots [team stats] for videotaping his defensive signals during their 24-17 victory at the Meadowlands one year ago today.

According to the source, that incident - as much as Mangini leaving for New York, trying to hire away Patriots assistants, or even going after receiver Deion Branch - drove a permanent wedge between the two coaches and resulted in the frosty relationship that’s gone downright cryogenic following this week’s Camera-gate scandal.

“Bill was (ticked) then,” the source said. “I can only imagine how he feels now.”

When the Jets caught the Patriots last year, they did not confiscate the camera, which became a key piece of evidence this time around. They instead complained to the NFL, which warned the Patriots that if they were caught again, they’d be disciplined.

The below article suggests it was Mangini, of course it relies on "unnamed sources"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014677

It's come out that Mangini blew the whistle on him early last year, the Jets security had the camera man removed, they complained to the NFL, but they didn't have any evidence. This year, they made sure NFL security confiscated the camera. The fact that Mangini ratted him out in the first meeting last year was the main source of animosity Belichick had.

The fact that declined the HC of the NYJ doesn't really come into play here. When Romeo C. left, he didn't go after any coaches, players, etc., like there was some unwritten rule there. When Mangini left, he went after coaches, messed with players under contract (Branch), and snitched on video gate.

From the boston herald :D

Timeline here doesn't make sense to me - the feud was well established even prior to their first game in September last year, you may recall that in the entire week leading up to that game Belichick refused to refer to Mangini by name in pregame press conferences, and there were stories about the fact that the two guys, who had been close friends, had not spoken to each other months prior to the game.

What Savage said. Brian Billick, not Bill Bellicheck, coach of Baltimore Ravens.

Your fury hast blinded ye.

No, I know what the thread said. I just wanted to say one more time Belicheat is a complete embarassment.

And While, Im at it. Belicheat is a complete embarassment again. :P

Timeline here doesn't make sense to me - the feud was well established even prior to their first game in September last year, you may recall that in the entire week leading up to that game Belichick refused to refer to Mangini by name in pregame press conferences, and there were stories about the fact that the two guys, who had been close friends, had not spoken to each other months prior to the game.

Part of that was the going after assistant coaches and the Branch fiasco, no doubt. But I think after that game and the beginning of video charges is when the real fun began.

I stand corrected. Wow.

Looks like BB won't be writing any letters of rec for Mangini's next coaching job. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

I don't know how this conversation diverged to Belichick, but the facts here are that the Jets are cheaters and resorted to some real low blows in trying to gain an advantage on the Ravens last week. Not sure if the Jets always cheat like this, but it's not right and they deserve to be penalized.

Yes its bush league what the Jets players did...but come on with it already....your talking about a league where at the bottom of the pile players are trying to twist ankles, punching other guys in the junk, raking at other people's eyes.... What do you expect ???

I don't know how this conversation diverged to Belichick, but the facts here are that the Jets are cheaters and resorted to some real low blows in trying to gain an advantage on the Ravens last week. Not sure if the Jets always cheat like this, but it's not right and they deserve to be penalized.

Agreed that it seems kinda' bush league - heard Mike and Mike talking about it this morning on ESPN Radio. Golic said he didn't remember this taking place on any of the three defensive units that he played on in his career, but he also recalled that when they had Troy Aikman on awhile back that Aikman happened to mention that this happened fairly frequently when he was playing. :D

Either way, it just seems odd that this could be taking place without the referees noticing it.