[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb says black QB's are criticized more

tonyr0802

McNabb needs to stop...

the only people really scrutinizing him anymore are the Philly fans and local media...

everywhere else...they won't even begin to bash him because they don't want to be labeled a racist...

when people outside of philly talk about how bad McNabb has looked...they go soft and sugarcoat it....

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, wrong again....please re-read my post and comment intelligently, or refrain from posting incorrectly. Your 0-2, just like the Eagles.

If you've never been the target of racism, then its very difficult to offer an objective opinion on it, don't you think?

Pardon me for not repeating your fairy tale verbatim.

Intelligence sure isn't a requirement for the nonsense you posted above.

While that is a horrifying experience, I think we can assume that you are not the "average" Huddler.

I'd bet whatever you want that most here who are opining on how someone is responding to racism, have never been the target themselves. That was the point I was making.

And I am sorry you had that terrible experience.

I wouldn't bet too much if I were you swammi.

Racism against Whites by Blacks is very common...here in the South anyway.

Was a bartender for a few years & one night had a group of young black folks come in that were fairly young looking. Had to card them & one of the group immediately accused me of being from Cobb County because I was carding them. Just so you can understand what a racist dig that was, Cobb County here in the Metro Atlanta area is viewed as a very White, very conservative & very Redneck.

Oh! And out of the five, three were underage & I couldn't serve them alcohol. Just really got my goat that just because I'm doing my job, I'm a racist. :D

Next example. My brother in-law ended up getting into a relationship with some wacko chick & eventually had to get legal custody of all the kids, including one that wasn't his, Jacob, who is black. Big time racism coming at us from blacks there.

Next example. My son has been playing Little League for years at our local Youth Athletic Assoc. This year the age requirements were changed & he was tagged to be held back from the team he'd been playing with since T-Ball & go down one level. He was not happy about that at all, so we checked with the Associations Director about the rules for playing above his age so he could stay with his friends & team since he was 4 years old. Director checked & playing up was not a rule violation. So as the Coaches & Head of Baseball were sorting out the kids & where they'd play, I told Auston to go over to his team. They tried to call him back & I said "No leave him be, he's playing up".

The Head of Baseball came over & asked why I was yelling over to them. I said I was trying to tell ya'll he wanted to play with the team he'd been playing with for the last seven years & the Director had checked the rules & it was Ok for him to play up.

Then he said "What do you mean by YA'LL . I looked at him funny because I didn't get it at first & I innocently said "All of you coaches over there who were trying to call Auston back".

A few minutes later, the penny dropped & I realized he was playing race card on me when he emphasized my use of the word YA'LL.

Blew me away as we'd been members of this Youth Athletic Assoc. for years & years as my older son had played there to. This guy was the new Director of Baseball so he didn't know us, but for him to jump straight to the racist angle against me, just really floored me. I hate to do it, but I'm pretty sure that next year we'll be moving Auston to a different Youth Athletic Assoc. with a less racist Baseball Director.

The funny thing about all this is, is that I grew up overseas & I don't have a dog in this hunt as far as the Black ~ vs ~ White racial thing. In fact where I grew up there are barely any blacks so I don't have a racist or bigoted bone in my body towards Blacks, but just because of the color of my skin, blacks sure exhibit a lot of racism against me & my family.

Hate to bust you bubble swammi, but there's a bunch more examples of racist & bigoted blacks that I can give you, if you want. Racism is most definitely a two way street in this country (or at least the South). If you think otherwise, you're just being extremely naive. :D

I wrote about this topic a week or so back and got hammered. This interview coming out now certainly makes McNabb look like he's whining or complaining about race when in reality the Eagles and his QB play are just struggling. However, I'd like to remind everyone tihs is not the first time comments like this have been stated and McNabb has gotten criticized in the past A LOT even when he's playing well and the team is winning. The Philly fans and media are harsh to everyone and I think he's fed up. He's won divisions,been to champonship games and a SB and been a Pro Bowler but it really doesn't matter unitl he can win a SB. Just remember a few things guys:

1) One black persons opinion doesn't represent all African Americans

2) Just because racism or racial issues are discussed by minorities doesn't mean it's not valid or doesn't exist. It's simply a matter of opinion or how someone feels.

3) Whites can easily brush off race and utilize the over used "pulling the race card" crap because it doesn't affect them, they can't comprehend it and more importantly don't want to be lumped into these racial issues. It's not like McNabb is attacking all whites persoanlly.

I think the huddle should exclude these racial topics as they can sometimes get heated and the insults start flying around. I thought I made valid points to support my opinion in my topic previously and just got attacked when trying to have a discussion. It's a complicated topic minories still face from time to time that whites feel is a non issue for the most part and want no part of IMO.

Hate to bust you bubble swammi, but there's a bunch more examples of racist & bigoted blacks that I can give you, if you want. Racism is most definitely a two way street in this country (or at least the South). If you think otherwise, you're just being extremely naive. :D

I've heard that about the South. A cousin left New Orleans and a friend of mine left North Carolina for similar reasons.

Having grown up in a "racially diverse" suburb of Chicago, I absolutely agree that it's a two-way street. And there is an absolute TON of animosity towards Caucasians where I grew up. I experienced it all through high school and even at the ticket counter at O'Hare last winter. While there are certain "life lesson" benefits to growing up in such an environment, I have no desire to return to it as an adult and I'm not sure I'd want my children to go through it either.

Hate to bust you bubble swammi, but there's a bunch more examples of racist & bigoted blacks that I can give you, if you want. Racism is most definitely a two way street in this country (or at least the South).

You make some excellent points Big...racism is everywhere, and it is indeed a two-way street. Sounth, North, East, West...its everywhere.

I re-read my own post, and I should have stated some things a little differently to properly convey my sentiments. As you point out, perhaps there are many like yourself that have experrienced racism up close and personal. After thinking about, I have myself, though never in the way you described....just some banter between myself an co-workers about me being the "ugly white guy in a suit".

I should have written that most of us have never been in the public spotlight deflecting racism...as many of the black QBs have been forced to endure. My views on racism have never been asked by an interviewer or reporter, as Mcnabb's have repeatedly. I don't know if the guy could have given a "correct" answer. Sadly for him, he gave an honest one, based on his own experiences, and is now getting drilled for it.

There was an article in today's Philly Daily News, a snippet of which I'll post below. I know I have never endured something like this, and perhaps it will help some people understand what other people have had to endure over their lifetime, and why their personal view's are what they are. Perhap's McNabb is one-sided in his thinking...I just don't think its up to us to judge him for thinking the way he does...only try understand him.

"The chip on Donovan McNabb's shoulder always is there, held firmly in place by loving but misguided parents who long ago convinced their son that most white people aren't all that much different from those scum-sucking bigots who broke into the family's suburban home years ago and punched holes in their walls, urinated on their carpets and spray-painted the N-word on the side of their house.

Be careful, son, they warned. They are trying to hurt you. They are trying to bring you down. Because you're talented and rich and successful. Because you're black. Judging from his curious comments in a taped interview on HBO's "Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel" that debuted last night, white people all look the same to McNabb. We all look like Rush Limbaugh.

If we criticize him for a poor performance, like the one Monday night against Washington or the one the week before against Green Bay, he feels it has much more to do with his skin color than his level of production.

full story: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/200..._and_white.html

3) Whites can easily brush off race and utilize the over used "pulling the race card" crap because it doesn't affect them, they can't comprehend it and more importantly don't want to be lumped into these racial issues.

:D

I guess you missed reading my post just two above yours.

My son has been playing Little League for years at our local Youth Athletic Assoc. This year the age requirements were changed & he was tagged to be held back from the team he'd been playing with since T-Ball & go down one level. He was not happy about that at all, so we checked with the Associations Director about the rules for playing above his age so he could stay with his friends & team since he was 4 years old. Director checked & playing up was not a rule violation. So as the Coaches & Head of Baseball were sorting out the kids & where they'd play, I told Auston to go over to his team. They tried to call him back & I said "No leave him be, he's playing up".

The Head of Baseball came over & asked why I was yelling over to them. I said I was trying to tell ya'll he wanted to play with the team he'd been playing with for the last seven years & the Director had checked the rules & it was Ok for him to play up.

Then he said "What do you mean by YA'LL . I looked at him funny because I didn't get it at first & I innocently said "All of you coaches over there who were trying to call Auston back".

A few minutes later, the penny dropped & I realized he was playing race card on me when he emphasized my use of the word YA'LL.

Blew me away as we'd been members of this Youth Athletic Assoc. for years & years as my older son had played there to. This guy was the new Director of Baseball so he didn't know us, but for him to jump straight to the racist angle against me, just really floored me. I hate to do it, but I'm pretty sure that next year we'll be moving Auston to a different Youth Athletic Assoc. with a less racist Baseball Director.

I don't want to have to deal with the racism here, as I'm from another country & have zero issues with blacks, but blacks "playing the race card" & racism directed against me is something I'm forced to acknowledge, as it's thrown in my face quite a bit in ordinary everday life. As it effects me & my family, I am unfortunately forced to deal with it.