[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roydell Williams - is he Vince's guy?

STL Fan

I need a WR #3 and the only TEN WR in our league that is owned is Brandon Jones. Vince seems to be favoring Roydell. TEN homers? Anyone else? :D

No homer here but judging from week 2... Roydell looks like the most useful Titans WR.

Jones short armed a few balls and had a VERY bad drop at the end of the game. Not so good for VY's confidence the next time he looks his way.

No homer here but judging from week 2... Roydell looks like the most useful Titans WR.

Jones short armed a few balls and had a VERY bad drop at the end of the game. Not so good for VY's confidence the next time he looks his way.

I know it's tough to spot trends in week 2, but that's what I have been hearing as well. I'm sure by week three they'll be on par with Manning-Harrison, Warner-Bruce, and Young-Rice as far as tandems go. :D

Actually, I'd just like some yards and the occasional TD.

Hard to say. I think he's worth a pick-up. He had a 48 yard reception on a double move that caught Kelvin Hayden looking in the backfield. His TD came on third down where the Colts typically move their best CB Marlin Jackson in to cover the slot, and move nickelback Tim Jennings outside. Whenever the Colts did this, Vince looked Roydell's way. Not sure other teams will play them like that.

He had his two best gains (14, 48) on first down. His other two catches came on third down with the nickelback on him.

Hard to say. I think he's worth a pick-up. He had a 48 yard reception on a double move that caught Kelvin Hayden looking in the backfield. His TD came on third down where the Colts typically move their best CB Marlin Jackson in to cover the slot, and move nickelback Tim Jennings outside. Whenever the Colts did this, Vince looked Roydell's way. Not sure other teams will play them like that.

He had his two best gains (14, 48) on first down. His other two catches came on third down with the nickelback on him.

Great info here Hook, thanks! It definitely tells you not only how the Colts played him, but gives a glimpse of how the Titans plan to use him as well. I think most would agree that one of the signs that a quarterback is maturing and coming in to his own is his distribution to more and more receivers and Roydell not only gives him that additional target but he fits in to that "third-year receiver" magic formula.