[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb to MN (Next Year)

dfv87

On PA & Dubay this morning in MPLS they were discussing a possibility of McNabb getting run out of Philadelphia and right to his old OC, now HC in MN Brad Childress. While it seems really unlikely just thought I would throw it out there for discussion.

On PA & Dubay this morning in MPLS they were discussing a possibility of McNabb getting run out of Philadelphia and right to his old OC, now HC in MN Brad Childress. While it seems really unlikely just thought I would throw it out there for discussion.

THis was discussed quite a bit here in Philly during the summer after the Eagles draftd Kolb. McNabb's tenure here is just about over, and many feel he will be gone after this season or next....Minn. was/is a logical place for him to land.

I'd bet just about anything I own that McNabb lands in Chicago.

Another of the destinations that was rumored, especially since its his hometown.

If I remember, the rumor over the summer was a trade: McNabb for Briggs....at that point, the Eagles would have re-signed Garcia to the two-year deal he was looking for, to keep the seat warm for Kolb.

:D

Either MIN or CHI would be good situations for him, although I'd say that he goes to the Bears. Not only because he's from the suburbs, but because they actually have a competent, big-play WR. I don't think that Don will like the prospect of throwing to Troy Williamson, Bobby Wade, or Turd Ferguson.

Also agree that he'll be gone next year. Even discounting the drafting of Kolb, it's pretty obvious that he doesn't want to be there anymore.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Either MIN or CHI would be good situations for him, although I'd say that he goes to the Bears. Not only because he's from the suburbs, but because they actually have a competent, big-play WR. I don't think that Don will like the prospect of throwing to Troy Williamson, Bobby Wade, or Turd Ferguson.

Also agree that he'll be gone next year. Even discounting the drafting of Kolb, it's pretty obvious that he doesn't want to be there anymore.

And just who is this competent big play receiver the Bears have magically created? I see no one on their roster that currently is proven to fit that mold. Berrian? Is he really that proven yet?

An aging Philly QB in Minnesota? Now all we need is Denny Green back and we can recreate a little Randall Cunningham magic...

And just who is this competent big play receiver the Bears have magically created? I see no one on their roster that currently is proven to fit that mold. Berrian? Is he really that proven yet?

An aging Philly QB in Minnesota? Now all we need is Denny Green back and we can recreate a little Randall Cunningham magic...

You'd still be missing the other element, unless you think Troy Lasik can turn into Randy Moss.

Meh, I think Grossmans limited the WRs more than anything (its hard to prove you can catch and get open when the guy can't throw it to you). I'd also find it hard to argue that CHI with Mcnabb doesn't look like a SB capable team. There is a lot of parity in the league, but Mcnab over Grossman is a helluva upgrade. I really couldn't see him picking MN over CHI unless it is completely a $$ choice and they come up with a bigger offer. If Mcnabb really wants to take another stab at a ring....Chi-town would be the place. Of course this is all conjecture and he could very well be at the iggles next year.

I don't think that you've watched him play. He's very good. Much better than the trash currently on the Eagles or Vikings.

With an elite defense and special teams, McNabb just might be what the Bears need to get over the top. But they will have to fire Ron Turner.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I can guarantee you that McNabb will not be with the Eagles after this season.

Word from Gary Cobb(local Media and ex-NFL player) is that there is a big rift between McNabb and the rest of the team because the coaching staff never has any criticism for McNabb and he is never held accountable for anything that happens from an internal standpoint.

They will run Kolb out there in 2008.

I don't think that you've watched him play. He's very good. Much better than the trash currently on the Eagles or Vikings.

With an elite defense and special teams, McNabb just might be what the Bears need to get over the top. But they will have to fire Ron Turner.

You're right, i haven't caught much of him. I guess I was just responding to the statement that made it seem like the Bears had a proven big play WR, and to me he just hasn't proven it yet. Not that he won't mind you.

And anyways, with all things considered it does seem like McNabb would choose Chicago.

Um, McNabb would choose Chicago over Minnesota any day of the week. C'mon now!

hmmm...

(1) playing in his hometown with a shot at a title right now, but having to learn an entirely new system with a dud rushing attack,

or

(2) playing for his favorite offensive co-ordinator in Childress, knowing the system like the back of his hand, with a rushing attack that may be one of the best next year with AP, and having his knee protected by Hutchinson and co. for the remainder of his injury-riddled career

Not so clear a choice to me.

hmmm...

(1) playing in his hometown with a shot at a title right now, but having to learn an entirely new system with a dud rushing attack,

or

(2) playing for his favorite offensive co-ordinator in Childress, knowing the system like the back of his hand, with a rushing attack that may be one of the best next year with AP, and having his knee protected by Hutchinson and co. for the remainder of his injury-riddled career

Not so clear a choice to me.

You're assuming of course that Childress gets another year in Minnesota. Not so clear a choice there yet either for an owner that is desperate for success to help in his neverending battle to get public funding for a stadium.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe