[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb to MN (Next Year)

dfv87

hmmm...

(1) playing in his hometown with a shot at a title right now, but having to learn an entirely new system with a dud rushing attack,

or

(2) playing for his favorite offensive co-ordinator in Childress, knowing the system like the back of his hand, with a rushing attack that may be one of the best next year with AP, and having his knee protected by Hutchinson and co. for the remainder of his injury-riddled career

Not so clear a choice to me.

The Bears have a chance to win the Super Bowl, minus Ron Turner. The Vikings don't have that chance, even with Hutchinson and AP. Also, the rushing game is not the problem in Chicago, not even by a long shot, sorry. And I agree with Grunge as there is no guarantee that Childress is still there. McNabb LOVES Chicago. It's clear to me, sorry.

The Bears have a chance to win the Super Bowl, minus Ron Turner. The Vikings don't have that chance, even with Hutchinson and AP. Also, the rushing game is not the problem in Chicago, not even by a long shot, sorry. And I agree with Grunge as there is no guarantee that Childress is still there. McNabb LOVES Chicago. It's clear to me, sorry.

This year, I agree...

but we are talking about next year...The Vikes with McNabb, a good free agent WR signing and that defense could very well have a chance to win the Superbowl...

On PA & Dubay this morning in MPLS they were discussing a possibility of McNabb getting run out of Philadelphia and right to his old OC, now HC in MN Brad Childress. While it seems really unlikely just thought I would throw it out there for discussion.

OMG, WTH? YGTBK!

Edit: JK :D

Edited by rajncajn

This year, I agree...

but we are talking about next year...The Vikes with McNabb, a good free agent WR signing and that defense could very well have a chance to win the Superbowl...

Good posting here.

I'd love as a Bears fan for the Vikings to stink, but their defense is legit. It's a huge job to do (to find a solid NFL QB & WR), but they're set everywhere else IMO. McNabb to Vikings would be HUGE, especially given he wouldn't have to learn a new offense.

Edited by cory_n_az

Good posting here.

I'd love as a Bears fan for the Vikings to stink, but their defense is legit. It's a huge job to do (to find a solid NFL QB & WR), but they're set everywhere else IMO. McNabb to Vikings would be HUGE, especially given he wouldn't have to learn a new offense.

I think I'd rather change the offense altogether. I'm not a big fan of the KAO.*

*Kick Ass Offense

This year, I agree...

So then what about next year for the Bears? The defense is locked up for the most part except Tommie Harris. He WILL be signed. Briggs? He could have left before this season and I would have been fine. The point is this Bears team has a lot of pieces to still contend for a good 2-3 years more.

This year, I agree...

Exactly...

If the Vikes got McNabb next year, with their defense and explosive rushing game, they'd be the favorite to win their division, not the Bears.

So then what about next year for the Bears? The defense is locked up for the most part except Tommie Harris. He WILL be signed. Briggs? He could have left before this season and I would have been fine. The point is this Bears team has a lot of pieces to still contend for a good 2-3 years more.

Obviously the Bears are going to be contending for the next 3-4 years as well...but as a Bears fan I think you were putting on the blinders a little too much in thinking it would be a no brainer for McNabb to choose CHI over MIN...we are a lot closer than you think, especially in todays NFL...

Obviously the Bears are going to be contending for the next 3-4 years as well...but as a Bears fan I think you were putting on the blinders a little too much in thinking it would be a no brainer for McNabb to choose CHI over MIN...we are a lot closer than you think, especially in todays NFL...

VIkes have solid lineman on both sides of the ball, but I wouldn't compare the Viking defense with the Bears. Homer or not, you have to admit....the Bears are closer to the SB than the vikes. I also wouldn't assume that learning an offense is enough to sway a big choice like this. A lot of the offenses are similar (terminology is different, but D coverages are the same). Mush, Berrian, and Bradley are all better than the Vikes WR core, so I wouldn't say they are one WR signing away from anything. The bears could sign McNabb and pickup one decent RB and work a RBBC with Benson / AP and have better talent than MN by far IMO. Thats where I stand at this point. We'll see how this season goes but right now I don't see them as being that close.

Edited by Square