[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10-team league- How many roster spots?

timnmakayla

In our 10-team league, we have 17 roster spots. Here's what we HAVE to start each week...

Quarterback 1

Running Back 2

Wide Receiver 2

Tight End 1

Place Kicker 1

Team Defense 1

Defensive Line 1

Linebacker 1

Defensive Back 1

11 players MUST start leaving us with 6 bench spots.

We are allowed to have a maximum of these on our roster...

Quarterback 4

Running Back 5

Wide Receiver 5

Tight End 4

Place Kicker 4

Team Defense 4

Defensive Line 4

Linebacker 4

Defensive Back 4

So, most of us have 2 QB, 4RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1K, 1TD, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB=16 spots. We all have either 5RB OR 5 WR to fill our roster to 17.

The dilema is when bye weeks start coming around, we are going to have to start dropping from the important postions like RB or WR or QB, in order to field a team. I put this to a vote in our league, and %80 of the people voted to increase our rosters by 2 spots....the commish voted NO and because it's HIS league, it's not a majority rule, it's his way. What do you think and what are your roster limits?

Edited by timnmakayla

Once the seasons started don't see how you can change the roster limits now. This should have been addressed before hand. Starting 11, you probably should have a roster of about 20. You did say each person has about 5 rb's, 5 wr's, and only start 2 in each position. I seriously doubt anyone is going to start the 35th- 50th rb's. It's not like you don't have any wiggle room, and each team should have drafted according to the roster size, and start requirements.

Two different leagues:

League 1: Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1WR/RB, TE, K, DST. There are another 5 bench spots (total roster of 14) and no position limits. A roster can have an empty slot or a player that is on bye.

Leage 2: Start QB, 1RB/4WR or 2RB/3WR, K, Coach, Overall Defense, Pass Defense, and Rush Defense. Bench has 12 seats for a total of 24 roster spots. Tight ends count as wide receivers. Coach awards points based on win with a bonus if it's a divisional win. Overall Defense awards points based on points allowed, stops, safties, or return TDs. Pass and Rush Defenses award points on number of allowed yards rushed/passed, rushing/passing TDs, fumbles/interceptions, etc. A valid roster is always maintained although a player doesn't necessarily have to be playing that week.

As to your delema, I guess I don't understand what the big deal is. It's not all that uncommon to be in a situation where you might have to drop someone of some value in order to fill a bye week, or start someone who would get you nothing. You are really the only one to blame for drafting players so that you have too many players on a given bye week. Welcome to fantasy football.

As to changing the rules after the season start, I'm definitely not a fan of that either.

I'm not a fan of changing the rules after the season starts either, but if EVERYONE in the league agrees to change it....except the commish....

This is my local, and I personally know the commish as he is dating my sister. lol

He's just stubborn and if HE says no....no matter how everyone else voted....it's still no. I think that's what is pissing me off the most.

I'm not a fan of changing the rules after the season starts either, but if EVERYONE in the league agrees to change it....except the commish....

This is my local, and I personally know the commish as he is dating my sister. lol

He's just stubborn and if HE says no....no matter how everyone else voted....it's still no. I think that's what is pissing me off the most.

The problem I see is you are basing your roster size off of a typical roster setup when you are playing without IDP's, just team D's. I would say because of that you should go to 20-22 range so you can draft a backup IDP's so you don't have to drop a LB like Bulluck or a #4 RB/WR to pick up an IDP starter during bye weeks. That would be how I would approach the discussion with your commish/potential brother-in-law.