[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson Update

keggerz

Doesnt look good for week 3

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports...nt/5148276.html

Sept. 19, 2007, 12:26PM

Texan wideout Andre Johnson says he's doubtful for Sunday

By MEGAN MANFULL

Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

Three days after spraining his knee, Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson said he doesn't plan to play against the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday. He also added that he is not sure when he will be back in the starting lineup.

This week will mark the fourth time in Johnson's career that he has missed a start since being drafted in 2003.

"If you look at me right now, no, I won't be there out there Sunday," Johnson said. "I'm taking it day-by-day, week-by-week."

This is not good. I am hoping that Curry and Galloway can hold down the fort for me until Johnson gets back on the field. I have Fitz as well, but he is not giving me that warm fuzzy this year...

Why does this have to happen during my doubleheader week??

that is the same quote from my story but ESPN was nice enough to shorten it up a bit

Sorry, didn't even click it, I saw the responses and it seemed as if nobody was conceding to him being out for the week. My mistake.

Here is my question: we as fans are accustomed to seeing teams manipulate the injury report and all. Why did the Texans basically come out on Monday and say he is probably going to be out? What is the advantage of that? I know they are being "honest" but still. Just curious to hear what people think.

I'm confused. Jacoby Jones is the starting WR this week against Indy. Am I wrong?

I haven't heard one way or the other. What I do know is that Kevin Walter and Jacoby Jones play the same position, and that Andre Davis was recently activated. I'm not sure the Texans have announced who will be starting at Andre Johnson's position against the Colts this weekend.

Edited by yo mama

Accoding to ESPN.com, Jacoby Jones will probably be the starter:

The news is a major blow to a team that is 2-0 for the first time in franchise history and preparing to face a major AFC South foe. Rookie Jacoby Jones, who has two catches for 33 yards, will probably start in Johnson's place. Second receiver Kevin Walter has just two receptions for 17 yards.

Accoding to ESPN.com, Jacoby Jones will probably be the starter:

The news is a major blow to a team that is 2-0 for the first time in franchise history and preparing to face a major AFC South foe. Rookie Jacoby Jones, who has two catches for 33 yards, will probably start in Johnson's place. Second receiver Kevin Walter has just two receptions for 17 yards.

Oh, I know. Everyone is saying that. We just haven't heard anything official from the Texans' organization. And even if Jacoby is a starter, we don't know if he'll be playing from his natural position, or from Andre Johnson's, which he isn't all that familiar with.

I haven't heard one way or the other. What I do know is that Kevin Walter and Jacoby Jones play the same position, and that Andre Davis was recently activated. I'm not sure the Texans have announced who will be starting at Andre Johnson's position against the Colts this weekend.

I read that Davis would be the 3rd...

I am not a big beleiver in theory that if stud wr and main target for qb is out the player replacing him will automatically have much added value ...andre johnson is extremely talented and we may see schaub struggle mightily where by both starting wr's for texans produce little or squat ....I have a chance to pick jacoby but I will pass and start curry instead