[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson Update

keggerz

Chronicle link

Talk on the radio this morning was that Johnson was definitely out this week and they are thinking 3-4. Jones and Walter will be #1 and 2 respectively with Davis as the #3.

I am considering starting Jones this weekend as the Texans always play the Colts well. It will be sweet if they win and are atop the division, at least for a week

:D

Oh, I know. Everyone is saying that. We just haven't heard anything official from the Texans' organization. And even if Jacoby is a starter, we don't know if he'll be playing from his natural position, or from Andre Johnson's, which he isn't all that familiar with.

With Jones speed and athleticism, I am almost 100% that he will line up in Andres spot while he is out. He played a variety of positions at Lane College, including split end, running back, and even some defense. Walter is a good WR, but isn't close to Jones with his natural athletic ability. Again, nothing official, just the opinion of one fan who has watched them this season.

I'm too scared to start him this week...

even though I'd really like to bench Boldin for him...especially since he plays the Ravens... :D

i have started Jacoby each of the past 2 weeks as my #2 WR and I am 2-1(double header)

of course its 32 Homers :D

radio this morning is reporting that Johnson is definitely out this weekend.

:D

There is no timetable for Johnson's return. Texans coach Gary Kubiak said another evaluation of Johnson's knee on Friday may shed light on how long the healing process will take.

"I'm going to show (Johnson) I have his back," Jones said. "I can help him out."

I read on PFT this morning that it looks like 5 weeks putting him back on track for the October 28th game vs. SD. This will pretty much kill my season. :wacko::D:D:wacko:

Here's the story:

JOHNSON IS EXPECTED TO MISS FIVE WEEKS

Although the injured knee of Texans receiver Andre Johnson is scheduled to be re-examined on Friday, the current scuttlebutt is that he'll miss five weeks.

We're not saying he'll miss five weeks -- we're only saying that that's the scuttlebutt. (It's the same thing as Mort saying that his report about Eli Manning missing a month wasn't wrong because his sources truly thought he would miss a month, but in this case we're disclosing that fact before, not after, the story is proven to be wr-wr-wr-wr-bullcaacaa.)

If he misses five weeks, he'll be back for the October 28 game at San Diego.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Edited by Gros Membres!

Looks like Kubiak is planning more of a committee system.

Sharing the load

Coach Gary Kubiak said he isn't sure who will start at wide receiver in place of Andre Johnson. He said Kevin Walter, Jacoby Jones, Jerome Mathis and Andre' Davis will play a near-equal amount.

"I haven't made that decision yet," Kubiak said. "We're just going to keep working all four of them. They're all going to play. They're probably going to rotate every two plays together, keep them fresh."

Man, what a bad break. I was really liking the Titans story this year. I hope Schaub can get the ball to the replacements. Those YAC will surely be imssed though. Heres to a speedy recovery Andre.

Texans...

I know...they all start to look alike in the NFL these days.

Just read this in Matt Mosley's blog Hashmarks:

"At least one of our friends in the Greater Blog community has reported that Johnson could be out for as long as five weeks. I talked to a member of the Texans a few minutes ago who said it would shock him if the Pro Bowl receiver missed more than two games.

"The swelling has stopped," he said. "But Andre doesn't have much experience with this type of thing, so he's not sure what to think."

Fingers crossed.

I read on PFT this morning that it looks like 5 weeks putting him back on track for the October 28th game vs. SD. This will pretty much kill my season. :wacko::D:D:wacko:

Here's the story:

JOHNSON IS EXPECTED TO MISS FIVE WEEKS

Although the injured knee of Texans receiver Andre Johnson is scheduled to be re-examined on Friday, the current scuttlebutt is that he'll miss five weeks.

We're not saying he'll miss five weeks -- we're only saying that that's the scuttlebutt. (It's the same thing as Mort saying that his report about Eli Manning missing a month wasn't wrong because his sources truly thought he would miss a month, but in this case we're disclosing that fact before, not after, the story is proven to be wr-wr-wr-wr-bullcaacaa.)

If he misses five weeks, he'll be back for the October 28 game at San Diego.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

This statement is quoted by the WORST fantasy footall news source EVER!! They are the TABLOIDS of the NFL. Anyone who believes this is rediculous. AJ will be out 2-3 weeks tops.

Looks like Kubiak is planning more of a committee system.

Sharing the load

Coach Gary Kubiak said he isn't sure who will start at wide receiver in place of Andre Johnson. He said Kevin Walter, Jacoby Jones, Jerome Mathis and Andre' Davis will play a near-equal amount.

"I haven't made that decision yet," Kubiak said. "We're just going to keep working all four of them. They're all going to play. They're probably going to rotate every two plays together, keep them fresh."

An article at NFL.com quotes Kubiak saying he'll name a starter for Andre's position tomorrow (Friday). Stay tuned.

Fill-in to be named today

Texans coach Gary Kubiak said he will name Andre Johnson's replacement today. He is trying to decide among rookie Jacoby Jones, Andre' Davis and Jerome Mathis.

"I think it's important to how we practice," he said. "I want to see how we handle things — how Jacoby handles getting more reps, how Andre' Davis steps in, Jerome Mathis. I'm comfortable with any of them, I'll tell you that."