[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Jones

Scare Tactics

I really cant get a good feel for what i think K.J.'s value would be once he starts playing. Will he duplicate the type of numbers he put up last year? Will he be healthy enough to play this whole season? Is he gonna split carries with Bell? Does he lose out in the passing game now that Calvin is there?

What do you guys see his value being?

Edited by Scare Tactics

I think it is way to premature to even speculate on his production. This week will tell if he is remotely ready to come back and shoulder the load. If he proves he can handle it, there is no doubt that he will unseat Bell. If his foot has healed properly I see no reason why he cannot duplicate his 06 numbers.

Well I just traded him and Delhomme for D. McAllister and Lee Evans 10 minutes ago.

Here's me hoping it winds up RBBC. I have Tinker Bell, so I could luck out there.

Also, seems to me that with more legit receivers in DET that some of the passes that went to KJ last season, end up with CJ and Shaun McDonald.

I think it is way to premature to even speculate on his production. This week will tell if he is remotely ready to come back and shoulder the load. If he proves he can handle it, there is no doubt that he will unseat Bell. If his foot has healed properly I see no reason why he cannot duplicate his 06 numbers.

I do understand that its too early to determine what he will do, but thats the whole point of this post. None of us know what is gonna happen when he gets back on the field, but what im saying is right now, without knowing much other than he will see some snaps starting this weekend, how do u see the rest of the season panning out for him..

Or since not many people have respnded, maybe i can ask it another way.. Would you rather try to trade for him right now, or if he was on your fantasy roster, would you be trying to sell him...

if you could find someone willing to sell him on the cheap, I'd be buying. I have him in 2 leagues and wouldn't sell him for less than a 3rd round caliber player at this point. In short, I think he'll be just fine once he gets his legs under him.

He's too talented in an offense too good to not produce.

All of his struggles in production have been because his offense was horrid.

Kitna seems to have figured out Martz system, Roy Williams is a stud, Calvin Johnson will be by the mid point of the season, and when he's not false starting, George Foster looks like a hugh improvement over last years spare.

I see no reason why Jones doesn't increase his numbers from last year... Although I'm not expecting it this week or next week...

Well I just traded him and Delhomme for D. McAllister and Lee Evans 10 minutes ago.

Here's me hoping it winds up RBBC. I have Tinker Bell, so I could luck out there.

Also, seems to me that with more legit receivers in DET that some of the passes that went to KJ last season, end up with CJ and Shaun McDonald.

Ask me, you got smoked on this trade.

My word means nothing but in 4 leagues I made sure I got him in all!

Reason being he was good before Martz came in and now the offensive scheme is going to be score lots and tons of yardage with the #1 RB contributing huge. I am relying heavily on him to help all my teams and except for the draft last night I was lucky to pick up Lamont Jordan to play the first four games until he is back up to full speed.

I see no reason he can't be a solid RB2 in PPR leagues

Kevin Jones was ninth in scoring in my league last year among running backs in points per game.

Factor in week 11 he played next to nothing, and didn't finish the game in which he broke his foot.

If he can stay healthy he's a RB1.

If.

Well i own KJones, in a non ppr league, and the injury doesnt bother me so much, but i cant image Bell just getting 0 carries. And a possible time share in a passing offense scares me. Some 1 offered me Bears D and Cooley for Jones today, and I was actually considering it, but like i said, i cant seem to put a value on Jones.

Ask me, you got smoked on this trade.

haha...well you're also a Lions homer.

Anyway, you also don't know the rest of the details. Should've provided them earlier, mea culpa.

I've got Peyton as QB1, so Delhomme wasn't going to see the field till his week6 bye (knock on wood). I've got a spare roster spot to go grab a QB2 and there are a couple decent ones available. So basically it's Jones for the other two.

Evans will be my WR3 at best, got Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Santonio Holmes, and Jason Avant. So, with his upcoming schedule, Evans is a good WR3 with potential for a few monster games. Then at RB I've got Ronnie Brown, Jamal Lewis, Tatum Bell, and Jerious Norwood. A motley crew for sure, but with potential. That was why I was sitting on KJ. But I think Deuce has nowhere to go but up and between him and the others I should be able to cobble together 2 decent starters every week. All the talk is about getting back to giving the rock to Deuce.

We don't even know for sure that Kevin Jones can come all the way back. I know reports are he looks awesome in practice, but the proof is on the field. He also has Tinker Bell, TJ (injured right now, I know), and Calhoun back there to take productivity away. Besides, Martz is drooling over his WR's and he just can't resist the deep routes.

I deliberated most of the morning over this trade and felt like I had more to gain by doing it. That said, I like KJ and I've got him on 2 other teams waiting to go. This team is 2-0 and now hopefully somewhat built for the playoffs at RB. Deuce and Jamal have excellent fantasy playoff schedules, as does Lee Evans.

Not sure all that was necessary, but there's my rationale.

Absolutely... Deuce, in the absolute best situation is in a full on RBBC... Maybe you didn't notice, but Bush is getting all the goal line looks.

Jones potential is through the roof.

You don't think there's any chance Jones winds up in RBBC too? It's going to take a few games probably just to get into game shape.

Anyone know anything about the history behind players coming back from Lis Franc surgery? I can't remember any specific ones...wasn't there a Cardinal lineman a few years back?

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

haha...well you're also a Lions homer.

Anyway, you also don't know the rest of the details. Should've provided them earlier, mea culpa.

I've got Peyton as QB1, so Delhomme wasn't going to see the field till his week6 bye (knock on wood). I've got a spare roster spot to go grab a QB2 and there are a couple decent ones available. So basically it's Jones for the other two.

Evans will be my WR3 at best, got Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Santonio Holmes, and Jason Avant. So, with his upcoming schedule, Evans is a good WR3 with potential for a few monster games. Then at RB I've got Ronnie Brown, Jamal Lewis, Tatum Bell, and Jerious Norwood. A motley crew for sure, but with potential. That was why I was sitting on KJ. But I think Deuce has nowhere to go but up and between him and the others I should be able to cobble together 2 decent starters every week. All the talk is about getting back to giving the rock to Deuce.

We don't even know for sure that Kevin Jones can come all the way back. I know reports are he looks awesome in practice, but the proof is on the field. He also has Tinker Bell, TJ (injured right now, I know), and Calhoun back there to take productivity away. Besides, Martz is drooling over his WR's and he just can't resist the deep routes.

I deliberated most of the morning over this trade and felt like I had more to gain by doing it. That said, I like KJ and I've got him on 2 other teams waiting to go. This team is 2-0 and now hopefully somewhat built for the playoffs at RB. Deuce and Jamal have excellent fantasy playoff schedules, as does Lee Evans.

Not sure all that was necessary, but there's my rationale.

I think you got smoked as well.

I wouldn't put Evans in front of Holmes, but then again, I'll trade a boom or bust play for solid production anyday. I'm not high on Evans.

Deuce appears to be getting phased out slowly. His value last year was at the goalline, which Bush has gotten the looks at this year.

As far as potential for your runningbacks...

Brown has no offense to help him, and really, what has he shown us so far?

Jamal Lewis looked good one week in the past two years...

Jerious Norwood was supposedly going to start getting more carries for how long now?

Tatum Bell is about to lose his starting job. Thats not even up for debate. Martz has said all along that Jones was his guy.

I don't see a lot of potential, but thats just me.

And now back from the hijacking of this thread...

Anyone know anything about the history behind players coming back from Lis Franc surgery?

Warrick Dunn... Right before one of his monster seasons.

and I don't think the Lions like Bell. They traded Bly for he and Foster, but I think Foster was who they wanted. There were reports that the Lions tried to ship Bell off to New York right after they aquired him. Bell will get touches, but not enough to cut into Kevin Jones production.

That's right. He's very versatile. He can run it in from the 1 inch line too(unlike Tatum).

From a packers homer perspective, I'd rather face Tatum Bell any day.

But the sporting part of me wants to see what the pack can do against Kevin Jones, although I may come to regret that statement.

So how many years in a row Tatum Bell has gotten surpassed for a starting RB job?

Mike Anderson....

Mike Bell....

Kevin Jones??

Gotten so comical every year that I may have omitted one. Tatum Bell needs to find a squad that will make him their change of pace guy (like ATL should do with Norwood when Dunn gives way) instead of designs of making him a primary RB.

So how many years in a row Tatum Bell has gotten surpassed for a starting RB job?

Mike Anderson....

Mike Bell....

Kevin Jones??

Gotten so comical every year that I may have omitted one. Tatum Bell needs to find a squad that will make him their change of pace guy (like ATL should do with Norwood when Dunn gives way) instead of designs of making him a primary RB.

In order to be passed, you had to have been in the lead. Bell is only starting because the real starter couldn't go. All off season Martz has been saying that Jones is there guy.

Mike Anderson....

Mike Bell....

Kevin Jones??

Green Bay 08? :D

Man, I hope that never happens...