[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamont Jordan

Whiskeyjack

According to Rotoworld, he sat out practice today with a back injury.

Jordan

LaMont Jordan sat out Raiders practice Wednesday with a back injury.

He has experienced back issues on and off since 2006, so this is an injury to keep track of Thursday and Friday. Jordan missed a considerable chunk of training camp with an aching back. Justin Fargas is his current backup.

Think this is something to be worried about? Time to grab Fargas?

Edited by Whiskeyjack

No, but I would grab Rhodes if he is available. Fargas has never done much, although the line is blocking better this year so maybe, just maybe fargas could produce a little. but Rhodes is the backup if Jordan goes down and he is no longer suspended.

2 more weeks till Rhodes. If Jordan does miss this week, it would be Fargas.

Raiders: Jordan rests

09/19/07 09:39 PM

THE NEWS

Raiders running back LaMont Jordan missed Wednesday's practice with a sore back, according to the Oakland Tribune.

Our View

The paper said that missing a Wednesday practice isn't atypical for Jordan after a game with a heavy workload. Unless he misses the next two days, there is no reason to adjust your plans for LaMont this week.

Fanball.com

The Rotoworld update is positive.

LaMont Jordan (back) returned to practice Thursday.

Jordan took Wednesday off, but the Raiders' beat writers never seemed too concerned despite his recent history of back issues. Keep an eye on his status Friday, but he makes for an elite RB2 start in Week 3 vs. Cleveland.

(Rotoworld) The Raiders are considering dressing Adimchinobe Echemandu for Sunday's game in case LaMont Jordan aggravates his back injury.

Impact: Oakland has only had two tailbacks (Jordan and Justin Fargas) active in the first two weeks. It appears the team is concerned about Jordan's injury, though he is in no immediate jeopardy of sitting out against the Browns.

In his updated projections, DMD seems to be giving this one alot of consideration - he took Jordan's numbers down a decent amount, and seems to even imply that Jordan could be a gametime decision this weekend. But then today's Training Room Injury Update doesn't even list Jordan. :D

Browns would be a nice matchup and I'd dearly like to be able to start Jordan this weekend - fortunately it's an early game so we Lamont owners should have decent info in time to adjust our lineups accordingly.

In his updated projections, DMD seems to be giving this one alot of consideration - he took Jordan's numbers down a decent amount, and seems to even imply that Jordan could be a gametime decision this weekend. But then today's Training Room Injury Update doesn't even list Jordan. :D

Browns would be a nice matchup and I'd dearly like to be able to start Jordan this weekend - fortunately it's an early game so we Lamont owners should have decent info in time to adjust our lineups accordingly.

It is a great match-up for Jordan this week and I agonized what to so with him. According to HC Kniffen, Jordan's status is not yet determined but I personally think he will play and everything seems to point towards it but I am always concerned when a RB has a back problem even if he does play. I almost left the projections alone and I think I still said he was getting 70 rushing yards which is a fulltime load. If he plays without limitation then the original 120 is very reachable.

From a local sportswriter blog:

's hard to tell if Lane Kiffin is making too much of LaMont Jordan's back injury.

He said this afternoon Jordan's status might not be known until shortly before Sunday's game against Cleveland. That's the case with a lot of injured players, but with Jordan, the Raiders don't want to do anything that put Jordan in danger of seriously injuring his back.

Kiffin said Jordan missing practice Wednesday wasn't just about giving him rest and that Jordan's back was bothering him.

If I had him I would still start him since even a banged up Jordan could do nicely against the Browns.

Game time decisions suck, esp. for those of us on the West coast that usually attend church. I have to set lineups around 8:30am PST, a good 1.5 hours before the early games. Too bad I don't have the technology to somehow tie my lineup to the Huddles' training room report, inserting a Fargas (or any other pre-designated 'Contingency Plan RB' on my bench) to go if/when the official word comes down on Jordan.

Damn - FFers shouldn't have to get a goose egg in a position just because the coach decides to play games like Bellicheat....

Of course, having him in for only one series, and then pulling him for the backup, wouldn't help in this sitch either, technology or not. Hate it.....

The latest per Rotoworld/SacBee -

LaMont Jordan participated in at least some phases of practice Friday.

Coach Lane Kiffin indicated Thursday that Jordan (back) could be a game-time decision against the Browns, but the feeling from those covering the Raiders is that Jordan will start. Check back Sunday afternoon to be sure.

Source: Sacramento Bee

Running back LaMont Jordan was at practice for a second straight day after missing Wednesday’s session because of his bad back.

--Jason Jones (Sac Bee)

Update per Rotoworld: LaMont Jordan was listed as probable for Week 3, and will almost certainly play.

Jordan participated fully at practice on Friday and the Raiders could face a fine if he ends up not playing on Sunday. His owners can resume salivating about a match-up with the Browns, but concerns about the injury make him an RB2.

Edited by RaiderSteve