[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More problems for Chris Henry?

keggerz

ahhhh I forgot the ? after Henry in the title...BJ can you fix that

http://www.wlwt.com/news/14153845/detail.html?taf=cin

Vehicle at Bengal's Home Was Reported Stolen

Travis Gettys, WLWT.com

POSTED: 7:12 pm EDT September 19, 2007

UPDATED: 10:28 pm EDT September 19, 2007

FLORENCE, Ky. -- Police recovered a stolen vehicle Wednesday evening from the home of Chris Henry.

An officer spotted a car he did not recognize parked in the Cincinnati Bengal’s driveway, ran the license plates and discovered the car had been reported stolen by a rental-car company.

Henry told investigators that his own vehicle had been stolen in Louisiana, where he is from originally, and he rented a car from Hertz.

The Bengals' wide receiver said he thought his insurance company was paying for the car, so he had not made any payment for the vehicle.

Authorities said Hertz had not received payment from Henry or his insurance company, and the car was reported stolen.

Henry is serving an eight-game NFL suspension following several arrests since he joined the team in 2005.

Police said they did not know whether Henry would face charges related to the stolen car.

Henry was arrested four times in a 14-month span, resulting in two benchings by Lewis and a two-game league suspension.

He was one of nine Bengals arrested in a nine-month period.

Edited by keggerz

+1

:D

For anyone holding Henry on a dynasty roster or in hopes of a playoff run in any league I would say this is VERY much a story! The way Goodell evaluates reinstatement this will not bode well for Henry's chances to play this season.

How much does this guy make a year? I will never understand "miscommunications" like these or DUI's by MULTIMILLIONARES. You can afford to have a driver sitting in your parking lot day and night to take you wherever you go whenever you want to get there and not even notice the charge. IMagine he doesnt get reinstated for needing that Chevy Cobalt sitting in his driveway out of principal that his insurance company should pay for it. :D

The rental car company is required to make a certain number of "good faith efforts" to locate the vehicle before reporting it stolen as a last resort. This may or may not be a criminal act by Henry, but rest assured they called every phone number on the rental form many many times before reporting it stolen and probably more after it was reported.

There is, however, no question that this adds to his credentials to claim to the title of "The Stupidest Rich Person I Have Ever Seen."

Most likely a non-story.

However,it seems the police are stalking him.The police report stated that the officer "Saw a car that he didn't recognize",so he then ran the plates.I guess police memorize everybody's car in the area.There was probably no chance at all that he was checking out Henry's house in a fishing expedition.

Henry's a bonehead.But he's been pulled over for not signaling a lane change,and now police seem to be running plates in his upper scale neighborhood.The prosecutor that leaked his drug test before checking to see if there might be a false positive seems to be hunting.

This is JMHO.

The rental car company is required to make a certain number of "good faith efforts" to locate the vehicle before reporting it stolen as a last resort. This may or may not be a criminal act by Henry, but rest assured they called every phone number on the rental form many many times before reporting it stolen and probably more after it was reported.

There is, however, no question that this adds to his credentials to claim to the title of "The Second Stupidest Rich Person I Have Ever Seen."

I think throwing around $80,000 in a strip bar ranks as worse but he is a dumb customer.