[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start Bench List

VikesFan

The fantasy football geniouses for this site said that Larry Johnson is a tier 2 starter for this week against the vikings. They said,"The vikings defense is average against the run." If by average you mean best in the league, then that makes sense. Otherwise, they didnt witness the Vikes all last season and the beginning of this season. This is just one of the many predictions im skeptical of on this site. Is it just me?

The fantasy football geniouses for this site said that Larry Johnson is a tier 2 starter for this week against the vikings. They said,"The vikings defense is average against the run." If by average you mean best in the league, then that makes sense. Otherwise, they didnt witness the Vikes all last season and the beginning of this season. This is just one of the many predictions im skeptical of on this site. Is it just me?

If you're going to try to crack wise about somebody's intelligence or wisdom, you might want to learn how to spell.

Dumbass.

I noticed the same thing when I read it. I wouldnt consider the Vikings Run D (or in general) average. They are spectacular against the run and they are forcing turnovers on the pass. I really think Johnson is going to have another sub-par game.

But what do I know I am just an accountant (who appears to be wrong week after week in FF land)

Edited by MrTed46

I like the Vikings run D but they haven't really been tested this season.....I'm still not 100% convinced Detroit even practices running plays and the Falcons aren't exactly tearing it up on the ground this year either.

Having said that, I'm still starting them.

Edited by myhousekey

Actually the Vikings are not #1 against the run they are #6. Those stats are a bit inflated by the Lions not even running the ball against them last week and the backs (that stellar combination of Bell and Calhoun) only gaining 36 yards. Week one the Falcons' backs gained 88 yards on them. So maybe that is a bit above average, or maybe not. Show me something against LJ this weekend and we'll see.

It always astonishes me when folks pay for good football information, then post thier own lameass opinions on how the experts they just paid are idiots.

BOY do we need a TOOL graemlin.

I see no problem when people post their own thoughts. But I agree they shouldnt be attacking the other persons view (especially someone who probably knows alot more than they do).

From Bob Cunnigham's article:

"Game Summary: The stats give Minnesota a decided advantage, but I don’t care. Sometimes, the intangible factors are more important. Kansas City is a strong home team, and this is its home opener. The Chiefs dominate NFC teams on their home field, and mostly on emotion – with a bit of desperation mixed in – the Chiefs will take care of business as every aspect of the club will dial it up a notch from the first two weeks."

Pretty much what I was going to say. The Chiefs just absolutely dominate NFC teams at Arrowhead. I'd like to think this one would be close because of these teams knowing each other so well from the respective locations of camp, but man I just can't. Arrowhead will be rockin, the fighter jets will be circling the sky right above my house (its really cool to watch them over my house every year). Kelly Holcomb starting at QB against a underrated Defense withl Jarred Allen back from suspension, LOOK OUT. The Chiefs HAVE to win this game, especially with SD next week.

Oh and Vikesfan, instead of attacking the writers or owners of this site, how about you disagree and provide some intelligent facts or stats to support why you think what you do. I'd bet LJ proves you wrong :D

Edited by Hat Trick

I see no problem when people post their own thoughts.

Especially considering how wrong people are all the time. The NFL makes everyone look like fools week to week.

I do agree with Furd however: please get your spelling correct before you challenge the "genious" of people.

This game will not even be close...It you have equity in your home, take it out and put it all down on the Chiefs this week...I don't care what the spread is...The Vikings offense will struggle with or without TJax...actually, they might be a bit better off if Holcombe starts but they will not score more than 10 points this week...Kansas City will win this one easily...Vikings away outdoors = poop...

I see no problem when people post their own thoughts. But I agree they shouldnt be attacking the other persons view (especially someone who probably knows alot more than they do).

Well put - nothing wrong with questioning opinions or presenting alternative ones, but when you do it with sarcasm it's unnecessary and you come off looking like a jerk.

I'm less hung up on the spelling.

when you do it with sarcasm it's unnecessary and you come off looking like a jerk.

True.

I'm only hung up on spelling and grammar when you question someone else's intelligence.

Actually, that's not true. Spelling drive me nuts no matter what. OCD I guess.

thats becasue u get it

True.

I'm only hung up on spelling and grammar when you question someone else's intelligence.

Actually, that's not true. Spelling drive me nuts no matter what. OCD I guess.

tat is ghey and wetoaded..... get over it egnrish is a mutt language.....

Well put - nothing wrong with questioning opinions or presenting alternative ones, but when you do it with sarcasm it's unnecessary and you come off looking like a jerk.

thats becasue u get it

tat is ghey and wetoaded..... get over it egnrish is a mutt language.....

Anyone else freaked out that these two both have JGar as thie icons?

Anyone else freaked out that these two both have JGar as thie icons?

Yeah, someone else pointed that out the other day, I think it mighta' been Hugh One, said he kept mistaking me for Yukon because our avatars are so similar.

I really can't have that, so I'm gonna' change mine shortly...

Yeah, someone else pointed that out the other day, I think it mighta' been Hugh One, said he kept mistaking me for Yukon because our avatars are so similar.

I really can't have that, so I'm gonna' change mine shortly...

Count your blessings, EnD. Instead of a good person like Yukon you could have been mistaken for someone like VikesFan.