[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What happened to that fluid MNF schedule?

loaf

wasn't there talk of making the MNF matchups fluid to allow for better games on Monday night? Not saying that TEN-NO is important to fantasy players (who really don't care when this game is played) and to the fans of those teams...but aren't there more marquee matchups we could be watching?

They talked about doing this with MNF, but changing the game DAYS during the season was not at all popular with coaches. Changing the time on Sunday was bad enough for some coaches, but it got through.

They talked about doing this with MNF, but changing the game DAYS during the season was not at all popular with coaches. Changing the time on Sunday was bad enough for some coaches, but it got through.

That would suck for fans too...imagine buying tickets for a game, thinking you wont have to take any time off work, then all of a sudden, you need to ask for a day off with less than a week's notice...but then again, for those of you who live on the east coast, the game doesnt start til 9pn anyway, so you probably wouldnt need to take a day off (just be real tired the next day)...

Have no idea how you east coasters deal with MNF being sooo late...I am always thinking when the game goes ino OT and goes til 945-1000 over here it is 1245-100 AM for you guys....that would be tough...

That would suck for fans too...imagine buying tickets for a game, thinking you wont have to take any time off work, then all of a sudden, you need to ask for a day off with less than a week's notice...but then again, for those of you who live on the east coast, the game doesnt start til 9pn anyway, so you probably wouldnt need to take a day off (just be real tired the next day)...

Have no idea how you east coasters deal with MNF being sooo late...I am always thinking when the game goes ino OT and goes til 945-1000 over here it is 1245-100 AM for you guys....that would be tough...

not sure if you know or not, but the games are played with us watching or not. The software and ESPN are giving us good indications of what happened during that game. If we can't stay awake...

wasn't there talk of making the MNF matchups fluid to allow for better games on Monday night? Not saying that TEN-NO is important to fantasy players (who really don't care when this game is played) and to the fans of those teams...but aren't there more marquee matchups we could be watching?

Its too early for everyone to jump off the Saints bandwagon, so you have them playing against the great Vince Young... I think a lot of people will watch.

Don't forget, no matter how much ESPN tells you that Monday Night Football is still the same. Sunday Night Football is the prime match-up of what Monday Night Football used to be. MNF is now the old Sunday night mostly crappy match-ups that ESPN used to get.

Don't forget, no matter how much ESPN tells you that Monday Night Football is still the same. Sunday Night Football is the prime match-up of what Monday Night Football used to be. MNF is now the old Sunday night mostly crappy match-ups that ESPN used to get.

for me what made Monday Nite Football special was that it was an additional day of football :D

Its funny, I think the exact opposite. How sucky would it be to have MNF start at 5:00 and have to miss the whole first quarter at least while your still at work or commuting.

Ah, one of the many joys of the Central time zone - MNF= 8-11 p.m. :D

not sure if you know or not, but the games are played with us watching or not. The software and ESPN are giving us good indications of what happened during that game. If we can't stay awake...

Well yeah, I suppose you could do that...but no way am I turning of a game that is in the 4th quarter and going into OT...I am thinking back to the Jets vs Dolphins comeback from 5-6 years ago...didnt that end at like 100 for you folks...

Its funny, I think the exact opposite. How sucky would it be to have MNF start at 5:00 and have to miss the whole first quarter at least while your still at work or commuting.

ha ha ha...ive heard that...for as long as I can remember, MNF has started at 6 here, so I usually am walking in the door...now it is at 530., so I may miss kickoff and the first one or two drives...either way, its with alot of rushing on my part...

One person I said that to here who used to live over there said its nice because you can come home, relax, have dinner, then turn the game on...I guess really its what you are used to is what you prefer...

I think those in the center of country have the best of both worlds, as another poster noted...

Edited by #1 Niners Fan

ha ha ha...ive heard that...for as long as I can remember, MNF has started at 6 here, so I usually am walking in the door...now it is at 530., so I may miss kickoff and the first one or two drives...either way, its with alot of rushing on my part...

One person I said that to here who used to live over there said its nice because you can come home, relax, have dinner, then turn the game on...I guess really its what you are used to is what you prefer...

I think those in the center of country have the best of both worlds, as another poster noted...

Wow, a Niners fan and I on the same page. Brings a tear to the eye, doesn't it?

Aw crap...I'm sure that'll be a subplot, huh? We'll have to watch them try and turn that into something between them.

:D Yep, there's the hook. Play the dramatic pre-game music, the soft-focus highlights of that game and cue the booth.

Wow, a Niners fan and I on the same page. Brings a tear to the eye, doesn't it?

Oh wow, I better retract that statement, cant be agreeing with a Rams fan! ha ha ha...

I like the point the other guy made too, you guys get football starting at noon on Sundays...I always love the conference championship weekend because that is the time they start here (3pm EST)...that would be COOL...

Oh wow, I better retract that statement, cant be agreeing with a Rams fan! ha ha ha...

I like the point the other guy made too, you guys get football starting at noon on Sundays...I always love the conference championship weekend because that is the time they start here (3pm EST)...that would be COOL...

It is very cool with games at noon and three on Sundays and night gmes at 8 p.m.

Of course, it would be nice of the closest beach or ski area was less than a two-day drive away . . .