[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D. Wynn

sk_ffl

Sep 18 Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers RB DeShawn Wynn will get more carries Week 3, and he might be the team's starting running back for the game, replacing RB Brandon Jackson.???

I'm going to assume he is starting and will get the majority. For whatever that will be worth......

Edited by rattsass

He's getting far too much pub. He was having a very mediocre day before that long run at the end.

Yes, he'll likely get more carries this week. Split with B-Jax again in a pass-first and second offense.

I'd file all GB RB's in the RB4 box.

Mostly true. RBBC is in full effect from here on out I think. Wynn, Jackson, and (eventually) Morency.

I thought Wynn was looking pretty good actually and showing much more shake than Jackson. He looks big and elusive to me. Seems to run with better vision than Jackson. The knock on him has been his camp injuries and his rep as a slacker. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he became the most productive back for GB this season.

'Course...I have cheese tinted glasses. :D

I thought Wynn was looking pretty good actually and showing much more shake than Jackson. He looks big and elusive to me. Seems to run with better vision than Jackson.

Wynn's carries & yardage from this past weekends game.

10 carries for 50 yards with a long of 38

yards gained on each carry in order

5 for 0 or less

5 for gains

Sturphy,

When you say you liked what you saw outta Wynn, do you think it was the O'line not giving him any room to run, or creases / holes, that accounts for half of his runs being for 0 yards or less?

Im so sick and tired of coaches and teams always giving the backup the "more carries and opportunities" whenever they have a good game. I hated when Houston cycled their backs each week with Wali Lundy, Samkon Gado, etc. saying good things about one another. Why not split the carries each week and see who can outperform after say 5 weeks into the season. The starting rb situation should be settled in preseason, not by week 3.

The O-line has certainly struggled more than anyone thought it would, so that's a factor.

However, the short TD run by Wynn was all I needed to see -- he can see a cutback lane and immediately attack it. So far, it seems he can do that better than Jackson; if the O-line improves, Wynn has a chance to be pretty productive.

But if you want to know my true feelings on the situation...I own B. Jackson, D. Wynn, R. Grant, and V. Morency in various leagues. And I don't have more than one of them on any one team. :D

Wynn's longest runs of the day were also his TD runs of 6 and 38 yards. Other than that he was 8 carries for 6 yards. I believe both of his TD runs were also draws in shotgun formation against passing D alignments. If/when Morency gets healthy this RB situation gets even more difficult to judge.

He could very well end up being the man in Green Bay. Difficult to gauge his long term value.

Wynn's carries & yardage from this past weekends game.

Sturphy,

When you say you liked what you saw outta Wynn, do you think it was the O'line not giving him any room to run, or creases / holes, that accounts for half of his runs being for 0 yards or less?

when you consider b.jackson had an 11 run stretch that resulted in a total of 7 yards, i would think its an o-line issue. in 11 runs you really should be able to hit for a 5 yarder.

But if you want to know my true feelings on the situation...I own B. Jackson, D. Wynn, R. Grant, and V. Morency in various leagues. And I don't have more than one of them on any one team. :D

Forgot about the dark horse Ryan Grant.

Big Score... meh. He played in the first game too. I never said he was the mesiah, just that I liked what I saw.

Grant was on a thread last week and I thought he had the most potential being compared to Dorsey Levens. He has good size (225 lbs.) but I read he was more of a 3rd down back which I don't understand. Based on what I saw in the Giants game, Jackson looks mediocre and Wynn looked better with the touches he got. Grant caught one pass, broke a tackle and gained 20 yards. It's hard to say who's going to do what on any given Sunday. The bigger problem to me is what happens when Morency comes back healthy.

Forgot about the dark horse Ryan Grant.

Big Score... meh. He played in the first game too. I never said he was the mesiah, just that I liked what I saw.

Thanks Sturphy. :D

Wasn't calling you out or anything, just trying to get a handle on what you saw & if you felt the O'line was to blame for Wynn's bad runs.

Normally I watch all the games, but I'm right in the middle of a huge renovation project on my house & my Football Sundays have unfortunately been pre-empted to handle that. Got to rely on you guys here & your eyes.

Wasn't calling you out or anything, just trying to get a handle on what you saw & if you felt the O'line was to blame for Wynn's bad runs.

Normally I watch all the games, but I'm right in the middle of a huge renovation project on my house & my Football Sundays have unfortunately been pre-empted to handle that. Got to rely on you guys here & your eyes.

Wynn's not a very shifty runner. He doesn't have a lot of moves. I like B Jackson's footwork better and the little I've seen of Grant I like his explosion and shiftiness.

I would stay away from all GB runners right now.

Wynn's not a very shifty runner. He doesn't have a lot of moves. I like B Jackson's footwork better and the little I've seen of Grant I like his explosion and shiftiness.

I would stay away from all GB runners right now.

Thanks much Randall :D

My bad Big Score. Thought you were stirring it up.

Agree with Randall about staying away from GB RB. It's just ugly right now. O-line and RB inexperience mostly IMO.

I do however disagree with Randall and I like Wynn over Jackson at this point. I kind of hope I'm wrong actually. But either way, we haven't seen a whole lot of anything so far.

Here's hoping it gets on track.... uh...against the uh...Chargers... yeeeeaahhh....running game....Chargers.... :D

My bad Big Score. Thought you were stirring it up.

Agree with Randall about staying away from GB RB. It's just ugly right now. O-line and RB inexperience mostly IMO.

I do however disagree with Randall and I like Wynn over Jackson at this point. I kind of hope I'm wrong actually. But either way, we haven't seen a whole lot of anything so far.

Here's hoping it gets on track.... uh...against the uh...Chargers... yeeeeaahhh....running game....Chargers.... :D

No problem Sturphy & thanx for elaborating. :D

Sometimes it is hard to tell pot stirring posts from honest questions & I can easily see where my initial post could've looked like to be of the pot stirring kind. I know there's one guy on here that I was asking a question of him on Portis & something he heard Gibbs say & that poor dude is convinced I'm just hounding him. :wacko:

Thanks much Randall :D

If you take out his one long run (38) he had 9 runs for 12 yards plus 2 catches for 18.

I liked Grant's run myself but it was only one play. Who to pick up is a real mystery. If one guy is consistent he could be the man and it could be Wynn. He is improving his receiving and running.

Im so sick and tired of coaches and teams always giving the backup the "more carries and opportunities" whenever they have a good game. I hated when Houston cycled their backs each week with Wali Lundy, Samkon Gado, etc. saying good things about one another. Why not split the carries each week and see who can outperform after say 5 weeks into the season. The starting rb situation should be settled in preseason, not by week 3.

Because just splitting carries isn't always indicative of what the guy will give you with the more carries you give him. I would have a problem with them switching it up if there was a real starter on this team, but there isn't as of yet.

Brandon Jackson has been nothing but spare to me so far, people will blame the line, but the guy has showed very little burst or desire to get the extra yard. He looks soft, and even worse, he looks content with getting 2 yards.

Wynn has had a few nice plays at opportune times, but I'm not sold on him either. I do like him as a short yardage back. He has the size and the oompf to get in on the goal line.

If everyone was healthy, I think Morencey would be the starter, but this guy can't get his tweaked knee to stop hurting him...

One thing is certain... I miss Noah Herron