[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre to retire in 2010?

Randall

Is there any chance he's saying this so he and the team aren't mired in a Favre farewell tour this season? Him and the team have been through so much drama about his retirement over the last...how many years? Could it be that he's trying to keep the focus on the field this time?

I wouldn't put it past him. It would be a more graceful exit.

I hope Brett retires after this season and I'm still a big fan. It's time.

After watching him this year I disagree. He has been more controlled and focused. A few years ago when he hurt his knee his doctor said he has the knee of a 22 year old.

Last year he said he came back because you can't be very competitive riding a lawn tractor. I think he'll play as long as he's playing well.

Bears fans will never suffer enough. :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're Manning and two guys who have started less than 12 games over a 3 time MVP that has played with very little as far as receivers and backs go, along with a rebuilding line. You are a fool.

Realizing that I was trying to "tier" the QBs, not do an absolute ranking...nevermind...

Ok smartass, where would you put Favre?

Realizing that I was trying to "tier" the QBs, not do an absolute ranking...nevermind...

Ok smartass, where would you put Favre?

I'd put him ahead of about 20 quarterbacks... Favre has had Donald Driver the past three years along with Green, who has since left town. So you're rotating rookies Ruvell Martin and Koren Robinson as his starting receivers opposite Driver. Pair that with a completely re-tooled line that featured 3 rookies starting last year as well as the youngest team in the league for two years running... How many of the guys on this list could do it better than he has with that combination of circumstances?

McNair-One great season...

Anderson-Spare

Shcaub-Too early to tell.

Gerrard-If he was the guy in Jacksonville, why did they wait so long to cut Leftwich?

Grossman-Yep

Kitna-Career backup who looks pretty good at the tail end of his career with a monster wr corps

T.Jackson-Yep

Harrington/Leftwich- There is a reason why they were both released in there mid 20's, because they're not starters

Dellhomme-Brett Favre starter kit, just less talented.

Garthia-Decent...

Lossman-Yep

Green-I don't think he has anything left after all the hits... And Cam's offense.

Pennington-Never been a fan of his... Sorry Rovers, don't try and kill me.

Eli-If his last name wasn't Manning, he wouldn't be starting.

Campbell-Too young at this point

Leinart-Too young

Smith-Too everything at this point.

Culpepper/McCown-to Two Raiders

Huard-Career backup thats starting by default.

And if we're talking this year, I'd have to throw McNabb on the list. He's not near 90%, and it shows.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Tell me 7-8 QB's you would want as your starter over favre? Not based on starting a team with the future in mind. I am saying right now for the rest of this season. I come up with 5 - 6 at the most.

Manning, Brady, Palmer, Rothlesberger, Hasselbeck, Bulger, Garcia, Delhomme, Romo, and Brees at a minimum.

You're Manning and two guys who have started less than 12 games over a 3 time MVP that has played with very little as far as receivers and backs go, along with a rebuilding line. You are a fool.

Muck is anything but a fool. His contributions on these boards speak for themselves. I not sure I agree with him on the Garrard thing.

You've been here awhile also. What is up with the constant barrage of 'I'm a know-it-all punk ass stubborn ass' schtick? You might learn something if you realize you already don't know everything. Just a thought.

Manning, Brady, Palmer, Rothlesberger, Hasselbeck, Bulger, Garcia, Delhomme, Romo, and Brees at a minimum.

Muck is anything but a fool. His contributions on these boards speak for themselves. I not sure I agree with him on the Garrard thing.

You've been here awhile also. What is up with the constant barrage of 'I'm a know-it-all punk ass stubborn ass' schtick? You might learn something if you realize you already don't know everything. Just a thought.

Agree with Manning, Brady, Palmer, and Brees for sure. Disagree with Delhomme, Bulger, Romo, and Garcia. Garcia is not any better than Favre. Put Favre with the WR's and RB that Bulger has. Delhomme is way too inconsistent and he has Smith. Romo has a few decent games under his belt. I am talking right now not future.

Roethlisberger and Hasselback maybe.

Your last statement was a bit hypocritical - how do you know he does not know everything - kind of makes you know everything?? Not sure on this because I don't know everything.

Muck - Gerrard - Manning - Schaub - you are nuts!!!

Edited by gbpfan1231

Geez Bushwacked... A lot of the huddlers on here are on serious PMS non stopped...

Its common sense, not 'I'm a know-it-all punk ass stubborn ass' schtick?" To say David Gerrard who didn't have a starting job in training camp, and Eli Manning who has done nothing are better at this point than Brett Favre who has had next to nothing as far as weapons are concerned is insane to me. And if you would have my response that was posted afterwards you may know why I called him a fool as far as this subject goes. I'm a packers homer so I will get a little defensive...

My god, you guys are like drunken frat boys at a bar on Friday night after some guy bumped into one of your boys...

Edited by piratesownninjas

First off, I grew up in Wisconsin, and I am now a resident of Seattle. I am a huge Favre homer, but I am also now a Seahawks fan. That being said I remember when Favre replaced Don Majkowski back in Sep of 1992. I knew that day he was going to be special. I went up and picked up all his rookie cards, and said you just wait...

Today, he has surpassed Elway's record for most victories by a starting QB, set to surpass Marino's TD record of 420 (smoke 'em if you got 'em),

and will have 240 consecutive regular season starts under his belt. In today's NFL of "show me the money", he is a man of class and substance. I say that very few QBs will ever come close to being of the same caliber. It doesn't hurt either that he had Holmgren, who also helped to groom Montana, Young, and Hasselbeck.

Here are good memories from Favre...

It comes as no surprise that Brett Favre's most memorable touchdown pass was based on a hunch, a split-second improvisation on the biggest stage imaginable.

On the Green Bay Packers' second snap of the 1997 Super Bowl, Favre stepped to the line and saw that New England's defense didn't have either safety deep in coverage.

Favre quickly checked to "razor," calling an audible that hadn't really worked all season and wasn't designed to be used with the group of players they had on the field. Favre just had to assume his receivers would figure out which routes to run.

"So all that was going through my mind at that particular point, on top of, 'I sure hope they're in the defense I think they are,"' Favre said. "And it just worked out perfectly."

Favre found Andre Rison for a 54-yard touchdown pass, a perfect moment in a career filled with soaring highs and forehead-slapping lows.Asked about his worst interception ever, Favre recalled once trying to throw a pass from his knees against Detroit.

"All I could think as I was throwing it was, 'This is going to be an unbelievable play. How many guys throw from their knees?"' Favre said.

Then-coach Mike Holmgren didn't exactly agree.

"Holmgren says, 'What in the hell were you doing?' And I said, 'I had him open,"' Favre said. "He says, 'Had him open? You're throwing it from your knees!' And I could not convince him that I thought that was going to be a great play. So if you ask Mike, he'd probably say that was one of the worst. If you ask me, I'd say it was that close to being an unbelievable play."

I knew that day he was going to be special. I went up and picked up all his rookie cards, and said you just wait...

You kinda make it sound like Favre was a rookie when he replaced Majik, which of course he wasn't. Rookie season spent with the Falcons.

So, you have rookie cards of Favre at the Falcons? Sweet.

I've always kinda wanted a Favre Falcons jersey.

You kinda make it sound like Favre was a rookie when he replaced Majik, which of course he wasn't. Rookie season spent with the Falcons.

So, you have rookie cards of Favre at the Falcons? Sweet.

I've always kinda wanted a Favre Falcons jersey.

I had him sign a Falcons rookie card his first training camp with my 12 year old son. I didn't know who he was but if Wolf gave up a first for him figured he'd be good.

One of these

Oh, I'd definately say that there are AT LEAST 12 QBs that are worse than he is.

So, stick Garrard, Eli and Schaub into the "toss up" category and drop Campbell to the "Favre wins" category, there are 10 better, 10 about the same and 11 worse.

Can't get much more middle-of-the-road than that.

And as I said, he's still better than half the QBs in the league.

Glad you agree with me.

And Garcia? Really? :D

Yeah, I don't agree with that, either. That said...

... let's not use accolades that a soon-to-be 38-year-old accomplished ten years ago to argue his current worth. I'll give him a pass for '05 because that team was in complete shambles, but he looked like a declining QB to me last season.

This is an important year for Brett. He has the supporting cast (on both sides of the ball) and can no longer use the "well, somebody had to try to make a play" rationale to justify his ill-advised passes. If he can throw for 3,800 yds again, reverse his TD:INT ratio from two years ago, and lead his team into the playoffs, that may garner him the "best to ever play the position" title. So far, so good...

Yeah, I don't agree with that, either. That said...

... let's not use accolades that a soon-to-be 38-year-old accomplished ten years ago to argue his current worth. I'll give him a pass for '05 because that team was in complete shambles, but he looked like a declining QB to me last season.

This is an important year for Brett. He has the supporting cast (on both sides of the ball) and can no longer use the "well, somebody had to try to make a play" rationale to justify his ill-advised passes. If he can throw for 3,800 yds again, reverse his TD:INT ratio from two years ago, and lead his team into the playoffs, that may garner him the "best to ever play the position" title. So far, so good...

no running game

What is up with the constant barrage of 'I'm a know-it-all punk ass stubborn ass' schtick? You might learn something if you realize you already don't know everything. Just a thought.

Based on recent posts, it appears PoN's snotty 13 year old kid got hold of his password.