[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre to retire in 2010?

Randall

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't lump Greg Jennings into that "grab bag" category. Nor would I downplay Sterling Sharpe, Antonio Freeman, or Javon Walker.

Um, I was talking about THIS year. Maybe you need to trade in your Madden 97 for a more up-to-date version...

What a maroon.

No one as far as I can tell. But if you are a diehard Packer homer who thinks that Favre is a close second to Manning in the present day, a lot of logic gets lost in the translation.

Who is saying he's a close second?

And all things considered, I'd put Brady ahead of Manning, but thats another thread unto itself. My point was to say he was alot better than middle of the pack. I think around 6-10 in the league.

Packers fans (deservedly) have the right to feel good about the way that their team is playing right now and the right to be excited about Brett getting off to a really good start and tying/breaking Marino's record. But the backlash to people correctly pointing out that Favre really isn't an elite QB anymore is just silly. And denigrating Peyton because he's some sort of perceived "threat" to Brett's legacy or whatever is just childish and stupid.

Who is saying anything bad about Peyton? I have respect for him as a person and as a player... If someone is going to break what Favre sets, I wouldn't be too upset if it was him. Saying that, Manning has a long way to go before we just hand him the records.

Who is saying anything bad about Peyton? I have respect for him as a person and as a player... If someone is going to break what Favre sets, I wouldn't be too upset if it was him. Saying that, Manning has a long way to go before we just hand him the records.

That was Loogie, not you.

That said, if I was starting a team today, he'd still be a middle-of-the-road QB to me.

Well, duh. Who wants to start a team with a 38 year old QB - who counts massively against the salcap and would probably cost you a bit to trade for?

But the backlash to people correctly pointing out that Favre really isn't an elite QB anymore is just silly.

Who's calling him "elite"? (though he's certainly been playing pretty close to that level the last couple weeks)

Based on a pure skill/youth ranking, he's EASILY behind Brady, Manning, and Palmer - not to mention McNabb, Bulger, and probably a couple other guys I'm forgetting (I'm not a 100% Romo believer yet, but I'm being converted).

The debate is that he's STILL better than MOST of the starters in the league. Especially considering that his ugly numbers of the last few years occurred when his team was crashing and burning and then rebuilding around him.