[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Bush?

No Quarter

I didn't want to hijack the Jordan or Rhodes threads, but I think it will be interesting to see what happens with Michael Bush after week 6. I picked him up with the last pick of my keeper league for later in the season or maybe next year. Jordan has the back issues and I while I think Rhodes will be ok, if Bush is ready to go, why wouldn't they throw him out there to see what he can do? Any one have any thoughts or insight here?

In my opinion this may all depend on Jordan's health rather then Bush (he now believes he is healthy and ready to go) If we get to that point where Bush can start playing and Jordan is hurt we very well may see what Bush can do. Although this was taken from the Oakland Tribune Aug 14th -

Bush said at the NFL scouting combine and during minicamps and OTAs he expected to be ready for training camp. However, Bush discovered once he started running and pushing himself he would need more time.

Bush's leg, broken last year in the opener at Louisville, has a visible lump. Bush said the strength of the bone is not a problem.

"That’s where I broke it. You look at X-rays, it’s all nothing but bone," Bush said. "It’s solid. That part of my leg is probably the strongest part of my leg. And I’ve still got the rod in it so I know it’s not going anywhere."

There are some within the organization who believe Bush will eventually be placed on injured reserve and won't play for the Raiders this season.

In my opinion this may all depend on Jordan's health rather then Bush (he now believes he is healthy and ready to go) If we get to that point where Bush can start playing and Jordan is hurt we very well may see what Bush can do. Although this was taken from the Oakland Tribune Aug 14th -

Bush said at the NFL scouting combine and during minicamps and OTAs he expected to be ready for training camp. However, Bush discovered once he started running and pushing himself he would need more time.

Bush's leg, broken last year in the opener at Louisville, has a visible lump. Bush said the strength of the bone is not a problem.

"That’s where I broke it. You look at X-rays, it’s all nothing but bone," Bush said. "It’s solid. That part of my leg is probably the strongest part of my leg. And I’ve still got the rod in it so I know it’s not going anywhere."

There are some within the organization who believe Bush will eventually be placed on injured reserve and won't play for the Raiders this season.

Ive said this in previous threads. I had a similar injury to Bush in high school and played soccer and basketball (not football). Took me a year and a half to rehab the injury and get my athletic level back to where it was. But the bone isnt the issue and I still have a lump there (25 years later). Doctor told me the same thing - the leg is stronger now than it used to be. The lump is all bone mass. Nothing to worry about there though.

Ive said this in previous threads. I had a similar injury to Bush in high school and played soccer and basketball (not football). Took me a year and a half to rehab the injury and get my athletic level back to where it was. But the bone isnt the issue and I still have a lump there (25 years later). Doctor told me the same thing - the leg is stronger now than it used to be. The lump is all bone mass. Nothing to worry about there though.

My question in response to this is why is it taking Bush this long to recover... Your injury took 1 1/2 years to heal with medicine and doctors are dated 25 years back.

I figured with the way modern medicine has advanced and his year round treatment he would be farther along than he is... Setback after setback, color me skeptical.

From CBSSporstline: Michael Bush Leg - IR. Out for the season

(Updated - 9/13/07)

Can anyone confirm this? I am a Raider Homer and I haven't seen this anywhere else. The Raiders official website still has him listed on the PUP list.

Edited by No Quarter

From CBSSporstline: Michael Bush Leg - IR. Out for the season

(Updated - 9/13/07)

Can anyone confirm this? I am a Raider Homer and I haven't seen this anywhere else. The Raiders official website still has him listed on the PUP list.

Its CBSSportsline...

You can relax, it will be a few more weeks until he goes on IR...

Note to any of the overly sensitive huddlers... This is not a fact, just merely ones opinion. Before you try and come at me with some nonsense about this not being a fact or me being a punk ass, please take a few deep breathes, and remember, its a message board.

Its CBSSportsline...

You can relax, it will be a few more weeks until he goes on IR...

Note to any of the overly sensitive huddlers... This is not a fact, just merely ones opinion. Before you try and come at me with some nonsense about this not being a fact or me being a punk ass, please take a few deep breathes, and remember, its a message board.

Punk ass. :D

Sorry I couldn't resist.