[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts... opinions... part2

ffry

I'm in a 14 team fantasy league that has a roster setup like most others(2 qb, 4rb, 4 wr, 2 te, 2 k, 2 d/sp) except we also have 2 more roster spots that can be used at any position, you can use only one at any position. So you can have 3 qbs and 5 rb but not 6 rbs. You can have 5 rb and 5 wr but not 6 wr. So I guess the question is what do you think of this setup? Is it too many slots? Does it pose any problems(if you read my other post you know what I'm getting at)? Would like to hear from commissioners and owners alike.

I'm in a 14 team fantasy league that has a roster setup like most others(2 qb, 4rb, 4 wr, 2 te, 2 k, 2 d/sp) except we also have 2 more roster spots that can be used at any position, you can use only one at any position. So you can have 3 qbs and 5 rb but not 6 rbs. You can have 5 rb and 5 wr but not 6 wr. So I guess the question is what do you think of this setup? Is it too many slots? Does it pose any problems(if you read my other post you know what I'm getting at)? Would like to hear from commissioners and owners alike.

dont like having any positional requirements

I actually think roster restrictions are a good thing. You don't need to be overly restrictive, but it keeps a team from hoarding talent at a certain position. Yes, typically the team that "hoards" wll end up sucking. But, he can also influences the outcome of other games by hoarding. To me, it's kind of an "anti-El Guapo" rule, which shouldn't be necessary but sometimes you have to legislate against this kind of stuff. About 15 years ago we had a "hoarder" in our league - his team sucked, but he kind of ruined the league for that particular season. The next year, we put roste restrictions ion place. The year after that, he was gone.

I actually think roster restrictions are a good thing. You don't need to be overly restrictive, but it keeps a team from hoarding talent at a certain position. Yes, typically the team that "hoards" wll end up sucking. But, he can also influences the outcome of other games by hoarding. To me, it's kind of an "anti-El Guapo" rule, which shouldn't be necessary but sometimes you have to legislate against this kind of stuff. About 15 years ago we had a "hoarder" in our league - his team sucked, but he kind of ruined the league for that particular season. The next year, we put roste restrictions ion place. The year after that, he was gone.

"El-Guapo" means the "handsome one"

I can see both sides of the roster restriction argument - I'm in unrestricted and restricted leagues, and either can work just fine.

But I do think that having 18-man rosters in a 14-team league can be a bit too much. It typically results in there being nothing or close to nothing available on the wiaver wire for most weeks, meaning if you have a starter that gets injured, you're very likely to be stuck starting Tatum Bell (or worse). This is particularly true at RB, where it seems a minimum of 56 RBs are on a roster in your league, and perhaps as many as 70.

It really boils down to league preference as to how much emphasis should be placed on the draft versus in-season roster management. With that many teams and with rosters that large, it becomes very hard to manage your roster in-season, IMO.