[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League owner cheating

capostatus

this is ridiculous....dude involved in this BS trade just happens to be the league commish

Peyton Manning (Ind - QB)

Deuce McAllister (NO - RB)

for

Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)

Santana Moss (Was - WR)

league owner gets peyton

this is his team already

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh(Cin - WR)

WR Anquan Boldin(Ari - WR)

WR Antwaan Randle El(Was - WR)

RB Rudi Johnson(Cin - RB)

RB Marshawn Lynch(Buf - RB)

TE Kellen Winslow(Cle - TE)

K Jeff Wilkins(StL - K)

DEF New England(NE - DEF)

the guy he traded with has a horrible team and doesnt care about his team at all (he personally told me)

also the way this league scores, stud players are huge

this is ridiculous....dude involved in this BS trade just happens to be the league commish

Peyton Manning (Ind - QB)

Deuce McAllister (NO - RB)

for

Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)

Santana Moss (Was - WR)

league owner gets peyton

this is his team already

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh(Cin - WR)

WR Anquan Boldin(Ari - WR)

WR Antwaan Randle El(Was - WR)

RB Rudi Johnson(Cin - RB)

RB Marshawn Lynch(Buf - RB)

TE Kellen Winslow(Cle - TE)

K Jeff Wilkins(StL - K)

DEF New England(NE - DEF)

the guy he traded with has a horrible team and doesnt care about his team at all (he personally told me)

also the way this league scores, stud players are huge

How is this cheating?

McAlister and Moss are currently pretty much washes when you consider their total yardages and number of TDs for the season (currently zero). McAlister has more upside IMHO, but there are no guarantees for the rest of the season.

Manning has about 200 more yards currently then Big Ben, but they are tied with TDs. Manning also has more interceptions.

In moth my leagues (one with fairly standard scoring, one highly customized scoring with PPR), the total point values of the transactions are pretty close to being the same. Manning/McAlister definitely have more upside IMHO and no way I would ever agreed to this deal, but there is no way I would say it was cheating.

Edited by cdrudge

it is collusion

and yes we can veto trades, i voted about 50 times against the trade and i know someone else was upset too. i voiced my opinion which is pretty much all i can do since the commish can get a trade through if he feels like it. i said dont invite me back next yr if youre gonna run it like this.

its a yahoo league not a public one theres people i know there. its not my regular league though.

doesnt matter that we arent playin for money, its the principal that counts. i dont like people cheating.

Arent they hugh in every league? whacko2.gif

yes, but theyre exaggerated a lot more here

Man I hate to say this but I am not so sure that this is collusion. I would not have made the trade myself but I have played this game for a long time and have seen plenty of trades like this that were not collusion. Bad yes, IMO, but not collusion. Also understand that you can not change how some people value some players. I.E. if this guy has any times to Roeth he may understand that he has been on the bench during 4th quarters twice now and might be speculating that his numbers could be close to Mannings while speculating that mini Moss is going to out produce Duece. Again, this game does take some speculation if you are going to trade players and I would be willing to see what the owner had to say before I brand it collusion.

apathy is not a part of collusion.

Sounds like you should be more upset w/ the dude letting Manning go. But either way, if it's a free league and a lopsided trade is bothering you that much drop out. If dude doesn't care and is willing to give his team away this will be happening all year and you'll just get more and more frustrated.

If the guy trading for Moss really needs a WR, I don't see this as collusion at all.

Deuce is RBBC in an offense that can't get on track. Moss is an every week starter who can explode at any time. Advantage goes to Moss.

If the league is not a heavy QB scoring league, the guy giving up Manning might not value him too much?

You can only veto a trade if there is clear collusion. It's not that lopsided of a trade.

look up "collusion". :D

Correct, horrible trade, and I smell collusion.

it is collusion

On what basis can you conclude that there is collusion? All I see is a lopsided trade.

Where is the evidence of a secret agreement or conspiracy? And for what purpose - its a free league.

I don't know why so many people that play this game like to throw that word around.

On what basis can you conclude that there is collusion? All I see is a lopsided trade.

Where is the evidence of a secret agreement or conspiracy? And for what purpose - its a free league.

I don't know why so many people that play this game like to throw that word around.

Agree. Sounds like the owner doesn't care (which he said). Don't bother with the league

If the guy trading for Moss really needs a WR, I don't see this as collusion at all.

Deuce is RBBC in an offense that can't get on track. Moss is an every week starter who can explode at any time. Advantage goes to Moss.

If the league is not a heavy QB scoring league, the guy giving up Manning might not value him too much?

You can only veto a trade if there is clear collusion. It's not that lopsided of a trade.

I agree with this.