[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why does Baltimore insist on playing McNair?

Scorcher

Why the Ravens continue to stick with an oft injured, aging Vet and a Boller is beyond me. I think QB is high on their draft board next year. Though, look what that got them with Boller. Seems like they had some Cleveland talent evaluator calling the shots then... :D

I'm from Bawlmer, and there are some fans who'd like to see Boller in, but McNair had just one bad game. I was REAL bad... Boller seems to have more confidence as a #2 QB, it suits him better - less pressure, I think. I'd say if McNair stinks it up again, it's time to think about Boller taking another shot.

I would take Boller here in Chicago.

:D

Despite the fact that he's on the Ravens, it's kind of sad to see McNair's career go down the crapper like this. He went from a scrambler who couldn't make plays down field to a very competent pocket passer, made a career out of playing through injuries, earned a league (co-) MVP, and was probably one of the Top 5 QBs between about '01-'03. And now he isn't much of an upgrade over Boller. Sad.

I saw Boller come in cold in week 1 and put a pass in Heap's hands after that BS call on Heap earlier. They guy is a gamer and once he gets away from Billick, I think he offers some upside to a team.

I don't agree that he's an upgrade over Rex, but I do agree that you guys need a new QB next year. And I'll bet that it's McNabb.

I'm from Bawlmer, and there are some fans who'd like to see Boller in, but McNair had just one bad game. I was REAL bad... Boller seems to have more confidence as a #2 QB, it suits him better - less pressure, I think. I'd say if McNair stinks it up again, it's time to think about Boller taking another shot.

McNair isn't healthy, that strained groin really limits him. He is a fighter, that's why he didn't leave the Cincy game ealier.

Having said that, Boller hasn't done too badly while playing in McNair's stead this season. As much as I've complained about the guy over the years, he really is 100% class and I'd like to see him succeed. Not sure he can, but I'm pulling for him.

If McNair can't push off and make accurate throws, he shouldn't be in there. As you all saw against Cincy, his psses were wobbling all over he place. If he can't move away from pressure he's also a sitting duck, not good for him or for the team. Hope that isn't the case today.

Lastly Boller REALLY pushes up Heap's value. If for some reason Boller ends up taking the reigns for any length of time, Heap really becomes a gem.

The problem with the decision makers is that they are too conservative. Not just in their decisions on who to play at QB, but also the plays that are called and the type of offense that is run. As posted in another topic:

I just don't see how Boller improves the offense. Boller has a stronger arm than McNair, but then again, so does Jeff George. Boller has horrible game management skills. He will turn the ball over and make poor decisions behind center.

That being said, there is a higher probability that pure passing yards will increase because a Boller led offense may be playing from behind in the points column and teams (opposing defenses) will stack 8 in the box.

Boller could probably go to another team and be a more valuable QB (someone here mentioned Chicago - I agree). The Ravens realized this and signed him to a contract. But the offensive schedule is conservative and cages Boller up. McNair has shown better game management and a cooler head. Problem is that he's sold old and rickety, that he can't hold onto the ball. Derek Anderspm is a perfect example of a guy who didn't fit in the Ravens offense, but showed last week that given the right opportunity, he could really open it up. Also consider that he did what he did against the same exact team that the Ravens played the week before.

Take away here is that until further notice, I'd ignore all BAL WR's. Heap is still a good start, maybe McGahee, but that's it in the BAL offense.

Take away here is that until further notice, I'd ignore all BAL WR's. Heap is still a good start, maybe McGahee, but that's it in the BAL offense.

I have had this strategy for the last several years...save for an occasional spot start. Oh, and obviously McGahee

Edited by loaf