[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Charger fans

bushwacked

Norv Turner has ALWAYS been vastly over-rated.

He has managed to take his tenure with the 90s Cowboys and convince everybody he is some kind of frickin genius. My 12 year old son could have called plays for that team and looked like a genius. He has never successed as a HC and does not have an innovative thought in his head.

The lesson is "don't hire Norv Turner as your HC." The lesson is not "don't fire Marty."

I see....so a guy takes your team from a laughing stock to 14-2 in I believe 3 years..but you should fire him.

You ever think that maybe..just maybe....Schottz had them overperforming? and you might just seeing what happens to them with a average coach?

Not sure what has happened so far, but the firing of Marty seemed rather bewildering. What are the thoughts of the locals? From the outside it looks like ownership and management are clueless.

The team is underperforming just like the old days. The pass defense is back to being porous, especially at crucial times in the game, and the offense can't sustain drives like it did last year. Some of the playcalling is bewildering too.

So many things to fix and so little time. :D

Norvs a good playcaller, but hasn't been a good HC. I'm not sure about his leadership skills but this is his last shot as a HC.

i think he didnt get quality coordinators with his new job and that's probably ownership and managements fault for firing Marty so late.

The Marty firing wasn't a bad move. It's replacing him with Turner that is certainly a downgrade. It's still too early to make conclusions but this certainly is a different team that last years squad so far with minimal changes. Time will tell. The good news Charger fans is the AFC West seems weak with the Broncos looking over rated. The Bolts should win the division and still probably finish 11-5 or 10-6.

The Marty firing wasn't a bad move. It's replacing him with Turner that is certainly a downgrade. It's still too early to make conclusions but this certainly is a different team that last years squad so far with minimal changes. Time will tell. The good news Charger fans is the AFC West seems weak with the Broncos looking over rated. The Bolts should win the division and still probably finish 11-5 or 10-6.

It was a terrible move. You don't fire a coach that just went 14-2 :D

Shotty got the poopy end of the stick on that deal, thats for sure. Do you think if he hadnt been fired they would have still lost all of the assistants? And what about Rivera? Wasnt he the DC for the best defense in the league last year? What the fug happened?

Edited by DemonKnight

Shotty got the poopy end of the stick on that deal, thats for sure. Do you think if he hadnt been fired they would have still lost all of the assistants? And what about Rivera? Wasnt he the DC for the best defense in the league last year? What the fug happened?

I think that if Schotty was the coach they would be 2-1.