[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Al Micheals on Grossman vs. McNabb..

millerx

Going to commerical break...Al Micheals says "I guarantee you one thing, folks, Grossman will get 100 times the criticism of McNabb this week"...

Sorry, been reading all the posts on McNabb this week.

I wonder if it is true after all...

Your play on the field dictates how much criticism you get, and not the color of your skin?? :D:D

Edited by millerx

I actually thought Al's comment was pretty bold considering it was a national telecast and it is such a polarizing issue. He clearly was calling out McNabb and disagreeing with McNabb's position that black QBs get more criticism.

That was my first reaction as well...but thinking about it, Al could have just been saying, having a good game can cure all your ills...

...or at least you could "spin" it that way. :D

Edited by millerx

I was watching Blazing Saddles yesterday. Some of the more astute members of this board often remind me of Brooks' biting social satire disguised as bumbling racism.

:D

Brilliant.

Throw out your hands and stick out your tush....

Grossman gets criticized because he's jewish, not white. :D

I was watching Blazing Saddles yesterday. Some of the more astute members of this board often remind me of Brooks' biting social satire disguised as bumbling racism.

Brilliant.

"Bart, they says you were hung!?!?" .... "and they were right!!"

Sorry, one of my favorite lines from my favorite comedy!!!

Continue...

Edited by millerx

Brilliant.

Just some trivia to share, for no particular reason other than someone may find it interesting, and as a Bengals fan I am in no mood to think about footballl right now ....

First off, Blazing Saddles was based on a screenplay by Andrew Bergman (who also wrote The In-Laws, a personal favorite, and some really bad stuff like Fletch and Striptease) called Tex X about a militant black cowboy (Malcolm X? see). It was supposed to star James Earl Jones, floundered, Brooks picked it up as a project and added himself and a few other screenwriters, including, of course, Richard Pryor. Brooks wanted Pryor to play Bart, but no studio would agree to finance it with Pryor playing Bart -- I think he was too Jewish -- so the part of Bart went to Clevon Little, an established broadway actor who was viewed as far less threatening, and Pryor -- who had worked as a writer on shows like "Sanford & Son" -- was put on the show to "write black."

Turns out, Brooks ended up writing much of Little's dialogue -- and Pryor, instead of "writing black," created the Alex Karras character Mongo, and wrote most of Mongo's scenes, including the beans at the campfire scene. (The scene where Mongo punches out the horse was written by Brooks, though, based on a Sid Ceasar story about a time he claimed to have punched a horse and knocked it cold.)

Anyway, some wonder how "Blazing Saddles" was so funny and many of Brooks' movies are pretty lame by comparison ... Speaking of, Gene Wilder (according to Brooks) agreed to do "Blazing Saddles" only if Brooks agreed to help WIlder on his pet film project, which of course was Young Frankenstein (which Brooks directed and co-wrote). And one final trivia bit ... Steven Tyler saw "Young Frankenstein" and wrote "Walk This Way" the next morning for Aerosmith, inspired by Marty Feldman's first scene in the movie (when he says "walk this way ... no, this way")

Karl: Reckon what you like to eat in there?

Frosty Cream Employee: Well, the French fries are pretty good.

Karl: French fried potaters?

Frosty Cream Employee: Yeah, French fries.

Karl: How much you want for'em?

Frosty Cream Employee: They're .60 for medium and .75 for large.

Karl: 'Reckon I'll have me some of the big 'uns.

Frosty Cream Employee: All right, then, one large French fries?

One of the best movies evar!