[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As an Eagles fan I hate to say this, but...

TDFFFreak

The Cowboys, as of week 3, are looking real good. I know a lot can change between now and the playoffs, but everything is clicking. I don't think they are in the same class as the Pats or Colts, but I just don't see anyone who has been consistently as good as these guys have been through the first 3 weeks of the season in the NFC (and that includes the Packers).

It pains me extra hard because the Cowboys have a tool like T.O. on the team and he deserves zero success IMO.

Nice job Cowboys and I am looking forward to our match up later in the season when (I hope) the Eagles are playing for something. :D

The Cowboys, as of week 3, are looking real good. I know a lot can change between now and the playoffs, but everything is clicking. I don't think they are in the same class as the Pats or Colts, but I just don't see anyone who has been consistently as good as these guys have been through the first 3 weeks of the season in the NFC (and that includes the Packers).

It pains me extra hard because the Cowboys have a tool like T.O. on the team and he deserves zero success IMO.

Nice job Cowboys and I am looking forward to our match up later in the season when (I hope) the Eagles are playing for something. :D

If McNabb is healthy, and the Eagle Secondary is back together it will be quite the game :D

The Eagles Run D is horrible and the cowboys will exploit that all day.... plus their will not be anyone to cover Witten.... Eagle LBers are very weak with the exception of Takeo Spikes... and their D Line is average at best and will be pushed around by Dallas

I always keep an eye on the NFC East games, and watching that Philly game all I could think was

He's Baaaaaaaaack!!!

Can't wait for the Philly game....

Agreed. Since I have McNabb on my FF team, hopefully he is back, but time will tell.

To TDFFFreak... :D

The Eagles Run D is horrible and the cowboys will exploit that all day.... plus their will not be anyone to cover Witten.... Eagle LBers are very weak with the exception of Takeo Spikes... and their D Line is average at best and will be pushed around by Dallas

Just when we have a nice dialouge going with real observations, some knucklehead steps in and posts ridiculous comments.

1. Eagle D is much, much improved. Held Packer team that put a whooping on the Chargers to ZERO offensive points. Ask Kitna and Favre whether the d-line is soft.

2. Run D is horrible? Let's see.....Packers 47 yards, Redskins 89 yards, Lions 39 yards....while not the rushing elite of the NFL, I don't know how you can say they are horrible.

I think it will be a terrific game...the Cowboys look pehnomenal thus far...stood toe-to-toe with the Bears, and delivered punishing blows. If they can stay injury-free, they will be tough to beat. And if the Eagles play they way they did yesterday, and McNabb gets to throw all over that weak Dallas secondary that the Giants abused, there will be points aplenty.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

What you know about football could be written on a ball bearing with a fat tip marker. Our run D is pretty good this year. If anything the lack of pressure that we're generating on QBs, and the injuries to the secondary are the weaknesses there, so far. And Gocong and Gaither are big, fast kids that play run support much better than they cover.

That said, hats off to the Boyz on an impressive game, especially the 2nd half against the Bears D. I hope this turns into a good dogfight for the East.

Just when we have a nice dialouge going with real observations, some knucklehead steps in and posts ridiculous comments.

1. Eagle D is much, much improved. Held Packer team that put a whooping on the Chargers to ZERO offensive points. Ask Kitna and Favre whether the d-line is soft.

2. Run D is horrible? Let's see.....Packers 47 yards, Redskins 89 yards, Lions 39 yards....while not the rushing elite of the NFL, I don't know how you can say they are horrible.

I think it will be a terrific game...the Cowboys look pehnomenal thus far...stood toe-to-toe with the Bears, and delivered punishing blows. If they can stay injury-free, they will be tough to beat. And if the Eagles play they way they did yesterday, and McNabb gets to throw all over that weak Dallas secondary that the Giants abused, there will be points aplenty.

Yep. Let's keep this positive and give the Cowboys their due at this point in the season. There's a lot of ribbing going on around here especially between the Eagles and Cowboys fans, but I thought it'd be nice to have a serious, class-filled thread showing that the homer glasses can come off and recognize a good team when we see one (even if it's the Cowboys).

Eagles aren't that bad against the run if the offense isn't going 3 and out every drive...

Yep. Let's keep this positive and give the Cowboys their due at this point in the season. There's a lot of ribbing going on around here especially between the Eagles and Cowboys fans, but I thought it'd be nice to have a serious, class-filled thread showing that the homer glasses can come off and recognize a good team when we see one (even if it's the Cowboys).

Dickweed....Its my opinion...so lets not turn this into insults and name calling.... The Eagles real Run D will show itself when they face running teams..... Green Bay has no running attack to speak of, hmm...Im sure Tatum Bell has put the fear of god into defensive coordinators....Im sure they game plan to stop him.... and plus the Lions were down by multiple touchdowns the whole game !!!! Look at he Huddle rankings from last year....the are known as a soft defense against the run. There are only five teams that gave up more fantasy pts to running backs....

Go and look up rushing yards against last year ....... they gave up the sixth most...... and now you are going to argue that was last year...but this year they have two starting LBers who never played in those positions ever

What you know about football could be written on a ball bearing with a fat tip marker. Our run D is pretty good this year. If anything the lack of pressure that we're generating on QBs, and the injuries to the secondary are the weaknesses there, so far. And Gocong and Gaither are big, fast kids that play run support much better than they cover.

That said, hats off to the Boyz on an impressive game, especially the 2nd half against the Bears D. I hope this turns into a good dogfight for the East.

Gaither is big ?????? This shows how dumb you are...and I have forgotten more football than you will ever know....

Then answer why they let Trotter go ???? They wanted a smaller, faster MLB to cover the pass

The Packers D is allowing about one touchdown less per game than Cowboys D. Giants scored 35 on Dallas IN Dallas, but only scored 13 on Green Bay in New York.

The Cowboys offense has looked phenomenal, but that defense leaves much to be desired. If you think they can just "get by" without Ferguson, prepare to be disappointed.

Either way, these two teams are the class of the NFC right now, and that primetime Thanksgiving Day matchup is looking VERY good. :D

The Packers D is allowing about one touchdown less per game than Cowboys D. Giants scored 35 on Dallas IN Dallas, but only scored 13 on Green Bay in New York.

The Cowboys offense has looked phenomenal, but that defense leaves much to be desired. If you think they can just "get by" without Ferguson, prepare to be disappointed.

Either way, these two teams are the class of the NFC right now, and that primetime Thanksgiving Day matchup is looking VERY good. :D

Defense leaving much to be desired? Playing well and improving without Ellis and Newman???? If you wanna talk about leaving much to be desired, you should mention the Packers running game.

Dickweed....Its my opinion...so lets not turn this into insults and name calling.... The Eagles real Run D will show itself when they face running teams..... Green Bay has no running attack to speak of, hmm...Im sure Tatum Bell has put the fear of god into defensive coordinators....Im sure they game plan to stop him.... and plus the Lions were down by multiple touchdowns the whole game !!!! Look at he Huddle rankings from last year....the are known as a soft defense against the run. There are only five teams that gave up more fantasy pts to running backs....

Go and look up rushing yards against last year ....... they gave up the sixth most...... and now you are going to argue that was last year...but this year they have two starting LBers who never played in those positions ever

I'm not sure why I deserve the name calling. :D I didn't think I went to a bad place in this thread. Maybe I'm wrong. :D

You're like the child that won't lt parents have a conversation but aren't smart enough to join in.

I appreciate most of the Cowboys fans seeing this thread for what it is: an honest to God attempt at giving credit where credit is due without any sour grapes or backhanded compliments.

:wacko:

:wacko:

Edited by TDFFFreak

I'm not sure why I deserve the name calling. :D I didn't think I went to a bad place in this thread. Maybe I'm wrong. :D

I'm not sure how much you put into gd74's team situations as he sees it anyway.

He did, for the same reasons, predict the Lions trouncing the Eagles last week.