[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DALLAS, INDY, PACKERS SUCK!

Gdawg

Incidentally, Bill, why don't you use the White Sox logo anymore, Captain Front-runner :D

Nope, still a Sox fan. And have been since '82.

And I'm clearly a "front-runner" by the way that I rooted for the Colts very vocally here in recent years when they were "playoff chokes" and "Peyton couldn't win the big one." Outstanding analysis on your part! : :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Nope, still a Sox fan. And have been since '82. :D

Actually I used to be a Sox fan, I mean except for 1983. You guys probably should have beaten the O's that year, great pitching, I think no SS play did you in.

Actually I used to be a Sox fan, I mean except for 1983. You guys probably should have beaten the O's that year, great pitching, I think no SS play did you in.

Julio Cruz was actually pretty good that year. He earned a huge contract afterwards and was a major bust.

Agreed that we should've beaten the O's. We had the AL Cy Young winner (Hoyt), the AL ROTY (Kittle), Carlton Fisk, Harold Baines, Greg Walker, Greg "The Bull" Luzinski. Also got career years (or close to) out of Britt Burns, Rich Dotson, and Floyd Bannister. It was just a major meltdown.

Similarly, we should've beaten Toronto in the '93 ALCS. Had the best rotation in the AL that year (Blackjack, Alvarez, Fernandez, Bere), a great 'pen (Hernandez, Thigpen), as well as Frank and Robin in their primes.

2005 erased A LOT of pain.

ETA: My bad, Cruz played 2B back then. Dybzynski was the SS and, yes, he sucked.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Damn Bill, you bring back a lot of good times...and some bad ones :D

Blackjack, what happened to that guy??? Man he was good.

Harold Baines was one of my favorite players of all time. Pre and Post Oriole.

Can a brother get a Greg Walker :D

Damn Bill, you bring back a lot of good times...and some bad ones :wacko:

Blackjack, what happened to that guy??? Man he was good.

Harold Baines was one of my favorite players of all time. Pre and Post Oriole.

Can a brother get a Greg Walker :wacko:

Actually, I screwed up about Greg Walker. Mike Squires got most of the play at 1B in '83... Walker didn't take over until the next year. That's what a six pack will do to ya. :D

I think that Blackjack was traded to the Yankees (either that or he left as a FA) and had a good season there in '95. IIRC, he went to the Indians after that and was pretty much done by '97. He was massively pissed at Reinsdorf & Co. for not getting a big contract, but has since reconciled with the team. He's spent a lot of time in a rock band (I forgot what he plays) and has gotten into broadcasting. He actually fills in for Hawk or DJ every once in a while and is actually pretty good.

Harold Baines is pretty much universally-liked everywhere. Reinsdorf retired his number after he went to the O's and then had to un-retire it after you guys traded him back to us in 2000. Ozzie hired him as his bench coach when he got the managerial job and he's the 1B coach now.

Just out of curiosity, what's a Baltimore guy doing rooting for the ChiSox? People in Chicago don't even like the Sox. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Actually, I screwed up about Greg Walker. Mike Squires got most of the play at 1B in '83... Walker didn't take over until the next year. That's what a six pack will do to ya. :D

I think that Blackjack was traded to the Yankees (either that or he left as a FA) and had a good season there in '95. IIRC, he went to the Indians after that and was pretty much done by '97. He was massively pissed at Reinsdorf & Co. for not getting a big contract, but has since reconciled with the team. He's spent a lot of time in a rock band (I forgot what he plays) and has gotten into broadcasting. He actually fills in for Hawk or DJ every once in a while and is actually pretty good.

Harold Baines is pretty much universally-liked everywhere. Reinsdorf retired his number after he went to the O's and then had to un-retire it after you guys traded him back to us in 2000. Ozzie hired him as his bench coach when he got the managerial job and he's the 1B coach now.

Just out of curiosity, what's a Baltimore guy doing rooting for the ChiSox? People in Chicago don't even like the Sox. :D

When I was a kid, I would listen to ANY basball game I could find at night...late night I could get Chicago (amongst a host of other teams) Just sort of grew attached to them, especially since they were in another division (back in the day). I miss those days now and then :wacko: