[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steven Jackson out this weekend

CD6405

So what can you tell me about Leonard? I truly know nothing about him.

Well, not that this is any brilliant insight, but he was a 2nd round pick from Rutgers, and looked very good in pre-season. Good runner, can catch out of the backfield, and here are his pre-season numbers:

Week 1 @ Minnesota: 9 rushes, 36 yards, 1 TD, 5 Rec's for 30 yards.

Week 2 vs. San Diego: 17 rushes for 49 yards, 2 Rec's for 18 yards.

Week 3 @ Oakland: 6 rushes for 20 yards, 1 Rec for 0 yards.

Week 4 vs. Kansas City: 7 rushes for 20 yards, 2 Rec's for 15 yards.

Not awesome, but he impressed, and is the clear #2 back and should get a bunch of touches this week. The banged up O-line won't help the youngster though, as he is not Steven Jackson.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch....this is my 3rd major issue in my local. A. Johnson, Z. Thomas, and now this. That's 3 of my first 5 rounds. Bummer.

right there with you.....SJax and AJ out.

I'll have to make due with Romo, Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Thomas Jones, DeShaun Foster.

Wait.......they all outscored SJax last week anyways. Except for Wayne :D

Or they had enough depth at RB to not want to bother with a rookie back-up.

Playing in 6 team leagues doesn't apply.

Not backing up your #1 pick is dumb, plain and simple, and in real leagues, you don't have the RB depth to overcome a loss like that. Unless said #1 RB has been sucking major balls YTD. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Well, not that this is any brilliant insight, but he was a 2nd round pick from Rutgers, and looked very good in pre-season. Good runner, can catch out of the backfield, and here are his pre-season numbers:

Week 1 @ Minnesota: 9 rushes, 36 yards, 1 TD, 5 Rec's for 30 yards.

Week 2 vs. San Diego: 17 rushes for 49 yards, 2 Rec's for 18 yards.

Week 3 @ Oakland: 6 rushes for 20 yards, 1 Rec for 0 yards.

Week 4 vs. Kansas City: 7 rushes for 20 yards, 2 Rec's for 15 yards.

Not awesome, but he impressed, and is the clear #2 back and should get a bunch of touches this week. The banged up O-line won't help the youngster though, as he is not Steven Jackson.

which part of his 39 rushes for 125 yards, or 3.2 YPC, looked very good?

good help anyone who actually HAS to start him, with the O-line being what it is, and the QB play not particulary strong at the moment.

good help anyone who actually HAS to start him, with the O-line being what it is, and the QB play not particulary strong at the moment.

Did you watch any of the games? He was versatile. Caught balls, had nice long runs, pass blocked. Did you ever watch him at Rutgers? Or did you just figure out how to use your calculator?

He'll be a decent backup, but will be hindered by the banged up OL.

I am starting him over Carnell this week. Even if the Rams lose, which they should, Leonard is a great receiver and will get plenty of looks in the passing game.

So what can you tell me about Leonard? I truly know nothing about him.

This guy is capable of Larry Centers type production, and he is a lot like Centers in how he plays. If you are old enough to remember Centers in his fantasy football glory days that is. The Rams will propbably lean more on screens and shor passes to Leonard. He is definitely capable of floating the starting spot for a few weeks. I really like his style of play. Very smart. Great hands.

Playing in 6 team leagues doesn't apply.

Not backing up your #1 pick is dumb, plain and simple, and in real leagues, you don't have the RB depth to overcome a loss like that. Unless said #1 RB has been sucking major balls YTD. :D

You're making my point :D

D foster slipped pretty far in my local. I had grabbed AP and TJones early. With the way he's been performing, I am not feeling like I am missing oo much with SJax being out a week.

But generally speaking I am not a guy that drafts handcuffs.....and it seems to work for me.

D foster slipped pretty far in my local. I had grabbed AP and TJones early. With the way he's been performing, I am not feeling like I am missing oo much with SJax being out a week.

But generally speaking I am not a guy that drafts handcuffs.....and it seems to work for me.

No, I'm not. You don't handcuff as a principal, the fact that SJax has sucked doesn't make your point at all. The fact that you have RB depth is not a reason not to handcuff your #1 pick, a RB not in a RBBC, which is a rareity to begin with. If the Rams O-line was intact, Leonard would be a tremendous option, and as an Sjax owner, you could surely use that without SJax in the lineup.

I'll have to make due with Romo, Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Thomas Jones, DeShaun Foster.

Wait.......they all outscored SJax last week anyways. Except for Wayne :D

Unless said #1 RB has been sucking major balls YTD. :wacko:

No, I'm not.

Are you too slow to connect these dots? :wacko:

I'll take SJax, T Jones, A Peterson, K Jones, and D Foster as my RB group over losing any one of those guys for Brian Leonard. You tell me who you would cut for him?

Are you too slow to connect these dots? :D

I'll take SJax, T Jones, A Peterson, K Jones, and D Foster as my RB group over losing any one of those guys for Brian Leonard. You tell me who you would cut for him?

So, if the O-line was intact, and SJax has been living up to expectations, you'd start those scrubs (aside from Peterson) over Leonard? Not to mention, you drafted all those guys way before you could have gotten Leonard. If that makes me slow, color me Yukon.

So, if the O-line was intact, and SJax has been living up to expectations, you'd start those scrubs (aside from Peterson) over Leonard? Not to mention, you drafted all those guys way before you could have gotten Leonard. If that makes me slow, color me Yukon.

:D

You're not answering the question. Tell me you would have drafted Leonard over any of those guys?

The only person on my roster after draft day I might have swapped out for Leonard was Anthony Gonzalez, who was my last round flier....but I didn;t need a 6th RB.

All the ifs in the world don't change that I am fine with where my team is at without Leonard. 3-0, leading my league in scoring, and plenty of RB depth.

Different strokes I guess...

Yeah..I was thinking about that rule today and how it must be hurting LT owners in leagues like that.

I think this season will end any leagues like that. serpentine is fair.

I'm gonna hold you too that in the Huddle Ladder league. :D

Meh, Leonard or no Leonard, you can practically stick a fork in the Rams for a while. They may have a nice surge in the second half of the season, but "RB" and "groin" don't go well together. That's bound to linger a while.

Did you watch any of the games? He was versatile. Caught balls, had nice long runs, pass blocked. Did you ever watch him at Rutgers? Or did you just figure out how to use your calculator?

He'll be a decent backup, but will be hindered by the banged up OL.

Actually saw him a bunch of times at Rutgers...we live about 80 minutes from East Brunswick, and my neighbor played for Rutgers in the 80's, so we really like him and know what he will be able to do...eventually.

But lets be real....he's a rook, the line is in shambles, and they will be way behind in the is game. If you have to use him in this situation, then so be it...but he's probably the 28th-32nd best option this weekend, and I imagine some people will mistakenly think they can plug him in and use him with results like Sjax...ain't gonna happen that way.

You're not answering the question. Tell me you would have drafted Leonard over any of those guys?

The only person on my roster after draft day I might have swapped out for Leonard was Anthony Gonzalez, who was my last round flier....but I didn;t need a 6th RB.

All the ifs in the world don't change that I am fine with where my team is at without Leonard. 3-0, leading my league in scoring, and plenty of RB depth.

Different strokes I guess...

No, I wouldn't have. But if I drafted SJax, and intended on starting him, I would have drafted his backup, who I could have gotten in the 10th round, which is more valuable then what you got in the 10th round. Just because you drafted 6 mediocre RB's, and probably have terrible WR's and QB's, isn't an excuse to not handcuff your most important player. I know you like to argue Nick, but I also know you're not this thick.

Meh, Leonard or no Leonard, you can practically stick a fork in the Rams for a while. They may have a nice surge in the second half of the season, but "RB" and "groin" don't go well together. That's bound to linger a while.

I think they can still be dangerous at home, they're fast. I'd start Holt, Bulger, and SJax (or Leonard) when they are at home against just about everyone.

Actually saw him a bunch of times at Rutgers...we live about 80 minutes from East Brunswick, and my neighbor played for Rutgers in the 80's, so we really like him and know what he will be able to do...eventually.

But lets be real....he's a rook, the line is in shambles, and they will be way behind in the is game. If you have to use him in this situation, then so be it...but he's probably the 28th-32nd best option this weekend, and I imagine some people will mistakenly think they can plug him in and use him with results like Sjax...ain't gonna happen that way.

He's gonna be a RB not in a RBBC that can catch out of the backfield on a fast turf offense. He'll do nicely in select games, this weekend included. As mentioned, 100 total yards and a TD. That's better than 28-32 my friend.

I think Leonard may surprise some people this weekend. He's faster and more elusive than Jackson. The problem is the o-line right now and the holes are disappearing pretty quickly after the snap. I think a guy with Leonard's speed will be able to adapt to this a little better than a powerback like Jackson.

No, I wouldn't have. But if I drafted SJax, and intended on starting him, I would have drafted his backup, who I could have gotten in the 10th round, which is more valuable then what you got in the 10th round. Just because you drafted 6 mediocre RB's, and probably have terrible WR's and QB's, isn't an excuse to not handcuff your most important player. I know you like to argue Nick, but I also know you're not this thick.

:wacko:

I forgot who I was speaking to.

Next year I will be sure to buy H1's guide to fantasy drafting :D

I know...but it's not spelled the same, stupid.

(probably should have left that one alone dummy) :D

The thing is, the spelling in no way hindered your comprehension. You had nothing to add to the thread worthy of a post, yet you sat down to write it anyways. If this is English class, correct me all you want, but as the title, people still knew who I was speaking of. I'm sorry if you couldn't understand it was the Rams running back because of the misspelling. I'm sure you had to look through all the NFL rosters first before deciding the spelling was incorrect. Am I right?