[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NFC

coachharry

Believe me, I am loving the fact that the Cowboys are becoming a good team again. They have some serious skill and potential. But, unlike many Cowboy's fans, I do my best to not become overwhelmed with emotion and frame my enthusiasm realistically. Yes, they made the Bears look aweful, but the Bears made themselves look awful as well.

However, Boys and Packers being the top of the NFC is not saying much if you consider how they'd fair against the Colts or Patriots or even the Steelers. What does everyone think, removing your blood borne hatred or love for the Boys or Packers, comparing them to the AFC? I think the Boys could handle the Colts, but I'm pretty sure the Boys D would get burned big time by New England. They need to tighten up their secondary over the next few weeks so they have a chance to compete in a major shoot out in Big D when the Pats come to visit. And what about the Pack? Is Favre single handedly willing them to win? But against the Pats??

I would love to see a major shoot-out for that game, coming down to the wire. However, I know the Boys need to do some work to prepare for Moss, who absolutely loves playing in Texas Stadium.

Discuss!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the AFC elite. Dallas is better this yr and beat the SB Champs last yr. I dont think Indy is better than Dallas. Personally, I dont see anyone that is better than Dallas. And Dallas has holes, on both side of the ball.

Are the Cowboys better than the Patriots?

I can't say the Cowboys are better than the Patriots right now. I do believe they can beat the Pats at home, but I need to see some more quality defensive wins by the Boys, they did give up a lot of points to the Giants. The Pats just have too many weapons, especially with the re-emergence of Moss.

Who is the AFC elite. Dallas is better this yr and beat the SB Champs last yr. I dont think Indy is better than Dallas. Personally, I dont see anyone that is better than Dallas. And Dallas has holes, on both side of the ball.

Whoa! Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Dallas has played NYG (worst pass D in the league), MIA (contention for worst team in the league) and a very slumping CHI team (who has a QB that has more giveaways than the entire NFC north). NEP, IND and PIT are all better than DAL right now (IMO)

Are the Cowboys better than the Patriots?

Who have the Patriots beaten. Seriously, San Diego who just lost its 2nd game of the yr, tied for the same number of losses all of last yr, in week 3 this year. Dallas would have trashed them as well. Who else, Buffalo, probably the worst team in the NFL right now. The Jets, get real..... The Patriots have run up the score on a bunch of patsies. Sorry, but Im not the least bit impressed.

Fortunately we will not have to guess about whether the Cowboys can "Hang" with the AFC elite. Week 6 the questions all go to the field where it should be.

Personally, homerism aside, New England is a powerful ball club with a proven track record, while the Cowboys are just starting to sow their oats, so to speak. Offensively, I believe we are a good as any team in the league, however, defensively we still have a ways to go. Like the Cowboys though, New England has not exactly had stiff competion beating the Jets, Buffalo and San Diego. None of those teams are playing very well. Same with Dallas, NY, Miami and Chicago the best of the three, but all have played poorly. Some of that is pressing because of our Offense scoring points, same with New England. It should be a great game but we can't look past next weeks St Louis who has a dangerous passing attack. They may not be playing very well but our secondary will be tested.

I am glad the NE game will be in Texas Stadium but I suspect we will be home dogs by about 6 by the odds makers..........

One BIG difference this year for me is my mentality change which speaks volumes of my confidence in the Cowboys this year. Years past, I would be saying "oh boy, the big bad Patriots are coming to town" but this year I'm not worried at all about can we beat them and look forward to a great game.

Who have the Patriots beaten. Seriously, San Diego who just lost its 2nd game of the yr, tied for the same number of losses all of last yr, in week 3 this year. Dallas would have trashed them as well. Who else, Buffalo, probably the worst team in the NFL right now. The Jets, get real..... The Patriots have run up the score on a bunch of patsies. Sorry, but Im not the least bit impressed.

So in short, we can conclude that no one has played anyone. :D

Edited by Chavez

I"m not really buying into the GB hype just yet but they are for sure better than I thought that they would be. The Cowboys on the other hand I think might even be a little better than what a lot of people are thinking. (Cowboy fans aside) Short and sweet there but GB does not stack up yet in my opinion but the Boys probably do, IMO.

Believe me, I am loving the fact that the Cowboys are becoming a good team again. They have some serious skill and potential. But, unlike many Cowboy's fans, I do my best to not become overwhelmed with emotion and frame my enthusiasm realistically. Yes, they made the Bears look aweful, but the Bears made themselves look awful as well.

However, Boys and Packers being the top of the NFC is not saying much if you consider how they'd fair against the Colts or Patriots or even the Steelers. What does everyone think, removing your blood borne hatred or love for the Boys or Packers, comparing them to the AFC? I think the Boys could handle the Colts, but I'm pretty sure the Boys D would get burned big time by New England. They need to tighten up their secondary over the next few weeks so they have a chance to compete in a major shoot out in Big D when the Pats come to visit. And what about the Pack? Is Favre single handedly willing them to win? But against the Pats??

I would love to see a major shoot-out for that game, coming down to the wire. However, I know the Boys need to do some work to prepare for Moss, who absolutely loves playing in Texas Stadium.

Discuss!

The Cowboys are off to a tremendous start...but their defense is no match for the Colts or Pats. A Cowboys-Colts game would be a shootout, but the Colts have better weapons at every skill positon....every one.

"You're pretty sure the Boys would get burned by NE"? Try Pats 38, Cowboys 24.....sorry, just how I see it, unless the Cowboys can get some major upgrade in their secondary play.

As good as they've been, isn't this the same defense that made Eli look like Peyton just 15 days ago?

This thread is going to kill me. Blind fanaticism is always hard to argue with.

Imo the boyz lose to Pats and Indy.

NFC< AFC

The champs have to be respected my hats off to a hell of a good team that may have several if not for the Pats.

The Pats look to be unstoppable to me and I hate that being a Steelers fan. They are hands and shoulders above Dallas GUARANTEED.

I would be willing to bet anything anytime straight up when the Pats come to town to play them. I can see nothing but humble pie coming Dallas's way...

:D

Like taking candy from a baby! Friggen America's suckers! I only wish I could take your money somehow, is that illegal here?

The Cowboys are off to a tremendous start...but their defense is no match for the Colts or Pats. A Cowboys-Colts game would be a shootout.

As good as they've been, isn't this the same defense that made Eli look like Peyton just 15 days ago?

How can you say that when these team met last year with basically the exact same players and the Cowboys stepped up and held Manning to 14 points and picked him for a score? Everyone seems to know what and how games are going to play out but nobody knows for sure. We are all guessing based on what we've seen. From what I have seen, I can tell you this, the Colts are not far above the Cowboys and neither are the Patriots. We will see on the field who is better but don't sit there tell me we get blown out by anyone this year. 116 points in three games which is 2 better then the MIGHTY Patriots and 23 better than the Champion Colts. That's saying something wouldn't you say? So don't tell me we can't score enough points to beat either of them........

This is a good football team and I look foward to how the season plays out and I love what I see so far..............

Edited by Cowboyz1

I don't think that any of the top teams has been much challenged as yet this year. Dallas has certainly shown itself capable on both sides of the ball - most surprisingly on Defense - but perhaps not considering the fact that Wade Phillups is the coach - he can make things happen on D - look at San Diego last year (conpared to this year for instance). I think Dallas has every possibility beating the Pats at home. The key will be ball control and being able to pressure Brady (no team has even remotely done so thus far) - I think Dallas is capable of doing so and is fully capable of staying in the game (offensively). I certainly don't think it will be a blow out and the home field advantage gives Dallas an edge IMO. New England is a great team but in no way are they or will they be unbeatable this year. I think Indy can and will beat them in Indy and they might struggle agains Baltimore (in Baltimore) as well.

Exactly. The fact is, the Pats have beaten everyone they have faced and slaughtered them.

But Sarge says they've played no one. Isn't this like college, where it's easy to hang 5 td games/10+ pt margin of victories on patsies?

Discuss!

Wow! he did ask to leave your homerism aside for this response! This just reeks of homerism! Dallas best in the NFL, OU best in college football, I get it! Sheez! Yeah, NE has not been impressive at all..... :D:D

Green Bay has to keep winning. Playing at home in December and January has its advantages...If they play at home I think they can beat anybody.

I just don't get this philosophy anymore... maybe back in the day this would be true, but not anymore...

I can't say the Cowboys are better than the Patriots right now. I do believe they can beat the Pats at home, but I need to see some more quality defensive wins by the Boys, they did give up a lot of points to the Giants. The Pats just have too many weapons, especially with the re-emergence of Moss.

Well said and I am looking forward to the match-p against the Pats in Week 6.

It was good to see Newman suited up. There are defensive issues that need addressed.

The boys are EXPONENTIALLY better this year than they were last year. Last year they were losing heart breakers and shooting themselves in the foot! (reminds me of the Lions.... can't keep a damn lead if their lives depended on it)

Now they are much more mature and VERY comfortable with the offense being run by Romo. They are all geling together.

They can contend for the best record in the NFL (as can the Pats, Colts and yes even the Steelers :D) but I still don't see them being AS consistent as those 3 teams mentioned. I am a huge fan of the Boys and can not WAIT till they do face the big guns so we can really see if Americas team is infact for real.

Green Bay has to keep winning. Playing at home in December and January has its advantages...If they play at home I think they can beat anybody.

They are a developing team I want them to get in the playoffs this season(and of course beat the Lions, Bears and Vikings) but saying they are the 2nd best NFC team is a bit insane.