[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How's that Top RB doing for ya?

MikesVikes

Yeah, I don't think I would put Gore or Addai in this list. Really LT isn't faring terribly... it's just low by ths ridiculous expectations people set for him. Other than Larry Johnson and Steven Jackson, in fact, I don't think you can be upset at all by the RB performances so far. All those other guys have at least 3 TD's and 200 total yards.

Well, I've been wrong as can be about Addai so far. He's holding up well as a featured RB. I've missed the boat on him all the way through his very young career.

As to the rest of those guys - I like Jackson to get back on track best of the bunch of them. LT has to deal with Turner, who has one hell of a track record of turning chicken salad into chickenschist, plus he's amasssed a ton of touches over 6 years that may be catching up with him. LJ has a team that lost 2 stud O-linemen in the past 2 years and doesn't have a any credibility for passing the ball, and SF is clearly suffering on O without Turner as an OC - while he's a terrible HC there's no questioning his genius for being a terrific OC, making Gore look highly questionable to bounce back as a top 5 RB this season.

Jackson at least has a strong passing game supporting him, though he did lose Pace at OT. If Linehan makes a commitment to getting him the ball 30 times a game between runs & catches, he'll do okay and has the build to take that workload. And it looks like slowing the game down is the only way STL is going to have a chance in most games.

Yeah, I don't think I would put Gore or Addai in this list. Really LT isn't faring terribly... it's just low by ths ridiculous expectations people set for him. Other than Larry Johnson and Steven Jackson, in fact, I don't think you can be upset at all by the RB performances so far. All those other guys have at least 3 TD's and 200 total yards.

Gore is ranked #16 in a PPR league and #15 in another league that's not a PPR. That is ranking for only running backs, not overall. And he doesn't deserve to be on the list?

After three games, no. I drafted Parker and Rudi Johnson from the 7 slot in my 10-team drat. They currently rank 13th and 14th among RB's... I'm not freaking out and trying to cut my losses just because Ronnie Brown blew up in one game, Lamont Jordan came out of nowhere, Derrick Ward took the Giants' job, and Adrian Peterson got the lead role in Minnesota earlier than folks expected.

In other words, it's not like they're the Lee Evanses of the running back world...

Edited by CardinalEmpire.com

Adrian Peterson 1.12 in a dynasty start up. Ecstatic. Wouldn't let him fall out of the Top 5 in a dynasty right now. Already turned down Larry Johnson for him. Have an LT offer on the table (he wants Megatron as well & I will decline)

I didn't expect results this soon. I was actually hoping he'd do ok before exploding next year when I got McFadden along side him.

Edited by cory_n_az