[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Smith

Easy n Dirty

I didn't see the Carolina/Atlanta game this weekend - what happened to Steve Smith? After being unstoppable the first two games, he gets 1 catch for 10 yards, and he only got 6 looks (including 1 rushing attempt). That's Mark Clayton type numbers right there.

Is this an ongoing concern if Delhomme is out for any period of time?

Should I cut him for Lance Moore?

I didn't see the Carolina/Atlanta game this weekend - what happened to Steve Smith? After being unstoppable the first two games, he gets 1 catch for 10 yards, and he only got 6 looks (including 1 rushing attempt). That's Mark Clayton type numbers right there.

Is this an ongoing concern if Delhomme is out for any period of time?

Should I cut him for Lance Moore?

:D

I was obviously just goofin' about cutting him for Lance Moore...but I was curious about the rest of my questions above. Falcons shut him down completely, and I'm just curious what they did that noone else has done yet, or was it just a matter of Carr not looking his way, or whatever...

I was obviously just goofin' about cutting him for Lance Moore...but I was curious about the rest of my questions above. Falcons shut him down completely, and I'm just curious what they did that noone else has done yet, or was it just a matter of Carr not looking his way, or whatever...

I watched the game. Delhomme was under alot of pressure and wasn't getting much time to find any receiver. Up to and through the 3rd quarter the Atlanta D was actully holding Carolina in check and I'm not sure Smith ever got a look from Delhomme. Carr was the one who actually completed the only pass to Smith in the game. The fact that Atlanta was getting good pressure on the QB and D. Hall actually covered Smith pretty well led to Smith not getting many opportunities. The only real shot Smith had was when he blew by Hall on a deep route and was going to be wide open for a long touchdown until hall premptively tackled Smith and drew a 37 yard pass interference penalty.

Carr couldn't hook up with Johnson on a weekly basis? Or is Schaub that much better? Or did Hall actually shut him down before his meltdown? Usually during a tough corner matchup, Smithwill have less receptions and One big one for a score......In this case his Qb got hurt, Carr came in and probably avoided Hall because they were matched up man on man. He trew like a 30yd pass in his direction and they got 67yds penalties.......Job well done...He played for the team, not FF stats....they won......He'll be fine.....He only had 6 total plays...coaching decsion compiled by Qb injury...