[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pierre Thomas - RB Saints

SpinalTapp

Most people are assuming it will be Stecker. Thomas made the team as a free agent. What do folks know about this kid? What are the chances he becomes the short or long term starting RB for the Saints, allowing Bush to keep his existing role.?

I don't know about that, but they gave up Antonio Pittman to keep him so they must think they have something. Of course, after what we have seen over the first 3 weeks one would question their decision making ability.

Still a "wait and see" in N.O. Which one does the best blocking on passing plays? Because I see ALOT of passing now (maybe 70/30).. I HAD Duece on my team and they are back to being the BAG Saints.. also read where Stecker was almost like Bush in running style, they have no between the tackles runner.. If you can, hold off and see what happens.

Most people are assuming it will be Stecker. Thomas made the team as a free agent. What do folks know about this kid? What are the chances he becomes the short or long term starting RB for the Saints, allowing Bush to keep his existing role.?

Peyton was talking about him on The Rome show today. He said that he will get his shot.

word today is that Bush's role will increase, Stecker will see more carries and Thomas will see limited action. So for the Carolina game expect bush to see 20-25 touches, Stecker 8-12, & Thomas about 5. of course this is all heresay 10 days before they play again. things could change.

word today is that Bush's role will increase, Stecker will see more carries and Thomas will see limited action. So for the Carolina game expect bush to see 20-25 touches, Stecker 8-12, & Thomas about 5. of course this is all heresay 10 days before they play again. things could change.

That was about how I saw it as well. As far as Thomas is concerned, with the way he played in preseason and the fact he made Pittman expendable it wouldn't surprise me at all for Thomas' role to increase over the course of the season to give that up-the-middle pop that Bush has so far lacked. He's definitely worth a look in dynasty leagues, but in most regular leagues I'd wait it out & see how the offense evolves without Deuce there. If Bush shows he can handle a full load then Thomas & Stecker will be nothing more that what they are now.

That was about how I saw it as well. As far as Thomas is concerned, with the way he played in preseason and the fact he made Pittman expendable it wouldn't surprise me at all for Thomas' role to increase over the course of the season to give that up-the-middle pop that Bush has so far lacked. He's definitely worth a look in dynasty leagues, but in most regular leagues I'd wait it out & see how the offense evolves without Deuce there. If Bush shows he can handle a full load then Thomas & Stecker will be nothing more that what they are now.

I don't know who will emerge to take Deuce's spot, but it really doesn't matter much. Payton is convinced that Bush is an every down back and he is going to be even more inclined to think that way now. Well, at least until they are 0-6 or so. Until Bush proves he can run the ball between the tackles in the NFL he is better suited to a different role. Until the head coach changes his way of thinking, not sure how much #2 will matter.

Well, if your 3-0, and have a ranked waiver wire system, your picking last or very close to last. Players that can make an immediate impact for your team are not going to be there for you to grab very often. So, I think, you have to be ahead of the curve and grab players that will be in high demand later on when they do show up. I think Thomas is worth the risk to grab and stash to see what happens as long as your not cutting a difference maker to get him. Maybe he'll pay some dividends down the road, maybe not, but for me, he's better than Jacoby Jones right now.

I don't know who will emerge to take Deuce's spot, but it really doesn't matter much. Payton is convinced that Bush is an every down back and he is going to be even more inclined to think that way now. Well, at least until they are 0-6 or so. Until Bush proves he can run the ball between the tackles in the NFL he is better suited to a different role. Until the head coach changes his way of thinking, not sure how much #2 will matter.

Don't be fooled, the Saints moved up in the draft to get Pittman for a reason. Unfortunately either he turned out a bust or PT was that much better than him. I'm hoping it's the latter. If preseason was any indication at all that may turn out to be true

Well, if your 3-0, and have a ranked waiver wire system, your picking last or very close to last. Players that can make an immediate impact for your team are not going to be there for you to grab very often. So, I think, you have to be ahead of the curve and grab players that will be in high demand later on when they do show up. I think Thomas is worth the risk to grab and stash to see what happens as long as your not cutting a difference maker to get him. Maybe he'll pay some dividends down the road, maybe not, but for me, he's better than Jacoby Jones right now.

Funny, I just made the same exact waiver move in one of my leagues. I'm willing to take a shot & if it doesn't work out then there is little lost.

Scouting report.

STRENGTHS: Experienced. Has played versus very good I-A competition. Strong build. 21 reps of 225#. 35½" vertical. Runs with good vision and balance. Effective between the tackles. Able to break tackles and gain yards after initial contact. Smooth change of directions. Patient, allows blocks to develop before accelerating through the hole. Runs north south. Can bounce the play outside. Can make the first defender miss. Able to convert short yardage plays. Protects the ball. Capable receiver out of the backfield. Shows some ability as a route runner. Will extend hands and catch the ball out away from body. Shows blocking ability with good blitz awareness and recognition. Has been effective returning kicks. Hard worker. Coachable, will do the film study, weight room work, and the little things to be effective on the next level. Competitive team player. — CONCERNS: Average instincts. Lacks a burst and the speed to take it the distance. Not elusive or creative. Was not invited to the Combine. — SUMMARY: Not flashy, but a halfback than can run, catch, block, and return kicks.
I disagree about not having any burst. Maybe not downfield, but he seemed to hit the hole pretty well from what little I saw.