[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vicks done!

tbimm

racist.

I doubt this will change the commish's feelings much either way. So he went from an animal killing/torturing, gambling rackateer...to all that plus he got high.

yawn

but er Suffering succotash!o on this:

"Because of the positive test, federal court probation officer Patricia Locket-Ross, who is assigned to Vick, asked Judge Henry Hudson to place special conditions on Vick's release, which include refraining from use or unlawful possession of a narcotic drug or other controlled substance. "

Implying it would've been OK otherwise?

I would have to disagree on the commish. I think he very probably will take this, and all negative press that Vick brings upon himself into consideration when deciding whether Vick ever plays in the NFL again.

:D

you'd decide to take illegal drugs while awaiting sentencing on federal charges, knowing you could potentially be drug tested, which could potentially affect the length of your sentence?

COngrats, then, on being as smart as Vick, since that's basically what he felt was a good choice.

:D

I was being satirical... maybe it is you that just isn't that smart?

I know this is a radical idea, but maybe Vick isn't the brightest crayon in the box.

His is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He is a gross ignoramous.

If brains were taxed, he'd get a rebate.

If you stand close enough to him, you would hear the ocean.

Got into the gene pool while the lifeguard wasn't watching.

Where is Mr. Cliche when you need him?

Thought this was an interesting perspective. Vick may be done in the NFL, but wherever he plays when he's let out, he's gonna be a big fan draw. I know what he did was pretty F'd up, but the guy doesn't belong in prison for more than a year IMO.

John Czarnecki

FOXSports.com

With his football world crashing around him, Michael Vick apparently did something to take the edge off the stress.

He smoked some Josh Gordon.

Now, I'm willing to bet more people knew about Vick's alleged Josh Gordon use than his dogfighting escapades while he was playing for the Atlanta Falcons, but that's a story for another time.

In the last few days, the word on the legal front was that Vick might be sentenced to a lot less than 18 months by U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson after his guilty plea for bankrolling a dogfighting operation. Now that he has tested positive for Josh Gordon use — the sample was taken a week after the start of the NFL season — who knows if this could alter Judge Hudson's stance toward Vick?

Granted, drug use is illegal but I doubt that many of Vick's fans believe this latest offense is any big deal. The NFL, however, has higher standards for its employees.

Once Vick was indicted, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell placed the Falcons star quarterback on indefinite suspension. Of course, one has to figure that Vick won't be playing in 2008 at all, given that he'll most likely be serving a prison sentence.

However, from the very beginning, the speculation has been rampant that Goodell would suspend Vick for one more season once he left federal prison for conduct detrimental stemming from his involvement in illegal betting.

And this positive drug test definitely means the league will tack on a minimum of another four games lost to his career.

Put those two things together, and that means Vick's shot at playing in the 2009 NFL season is likely gone, too.

Now that doesn't mean there won't be options for Vick when his sentence is up. Can't you see Vick playing for Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban in that new United Football League once he's out of federal prison? This new league, one that plans to play Friday nights in the fall of 2008, could use a star of Vick's stature regardless of his background. This league has a lot of big-money owners and supporters, including Google executive Tim Armstrong.

But there's no doubt that Vick's days are over playing for the Atlanta Falcons as long as Arthur Blank is the owner. Vick lied to Blank about dogfighting. He also lied to Goodell on the same subject.

To the NFL, the gambling and dogfighting charges are more important than Josh Gordon use. The league has generally allowed players to return after a positive drug test like they do those players who are arrested on a DUI.

I've never been confident that Vick could return to the NFL as a starting quarterback after possibly missing three consecutive seasons — 2007 through 2009 — but one never knows.

But the bottom line is, I don't think the league wants him back. And this latest incident merely reinforces that position.