[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Winslow might not play Sunday

loaf

Partial dislocation of shoulder

Browns tight end Kellen Winslow has suffered a "mild subluxation" of his left shoulder, which is defined in medical journals as a partial dislocation.

Coach Romeo Crennel sat Winslow out of Wednesday's practice and it's not known if he'll be ready to face the Ravens on Sunday. Winslow suffered the injury when he landed on his shoulder following a 23-yard reception on the Browns' final drive in Oakland.

Winslow made an appearance in the locker room Wednesday but declined to talk to the media. On his way out, he was asked if he'll play. "Of course I am," he said.

Said Braylon Edwards: "You think he'd miss a game?"

Winslow has been using an electrical stimulation device on the shoulder to try to get ready.

That would stink... hopefully he toughs it out. You gotta love his work ethic though... he might be often injured but the dude tries his best to play through pain when he can.

No doubt, and he sacrifices his body to make plays too... and he usually ends up with ball on those wicked shots.

Electrical stim is pretty old technology. It helps, but this isn't something new.

The trouble is, WInslow is tough and will probably play. But what you won't read is that he'll be sore as all hell. If you've ever had any shoulder trouble, he'll have trouble raising his arm over his shoulder, and doing so with any strength will not be likely.

I wouldn't start him, and won't be :D

Me too ... I have Bo Scaife and Winslow - hope he's in the lineup on Sunday! :D

I got the same two guys - as of now I'm starting Winslow, if I have to go to the wiaver wire later in the week I will.

EDIT - here is an article from nfl.com as of about 4_M Wednesday. The gist of it is that WInslow missed practice Wednesday with a partially dislocated left shoulder. When asked if he was gonna' play Sunday, Winslow responded, "Of course I am." Make of it what you will.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

Winslow update:

Kellen Winslow (shoulder) missed practice again Thursday.

Winslow has a partially dislocated shoulder, the same injury that cost Clinton Portis time early in 2006. The smart money is on Winslow missing Sunday's tilt with Baltimore. If he's active, he certainly won't be 100 percent.

Source: clevelandbrowns.com

:D

Anyone thinks there's any potential for this to keep Winslow out any length of time?

I may try to trade Bo Scaife for Desmond Clark so I have someone available in case I find out at 12 noon Sunday that WInslow can't go (Scaife is on a bye)...but if Winslow were to be out for any length of time, I'd prefer to have Scaife than Desmond Clark over the longer haul.

Browns | Winslow limited in practice Friday

Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:29:21 -0700

Scott Petrak, of the Medina County Gazette, reports Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow (shoulder) was limited in practice Friday, Sept. 28, and is expected to play Week 4.

Hopefully he's produce OK, but he'll still be better than the waiver wire fodder in most leagues... :D