[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

K. Curtis= Legit?

FFGuru

I am debating the same thing. I was able to grab him off the WW after someone dropped him just before last week. It seems that Mcnabb and Curtis were clicking but is was again the Lions D. I am really thinking about benching T Holt. I am 50/50 right now. I think if I start him he will get 20 yards but if I bench him he will go for 100 and at least 1 td. I am interested to see what others have to say.

I think he's legit; I remember watching him in the Week 2 game vs Washington and thinking to myself "he's getting a ton of balls thrown his way". He ended up with 11 targets that game, but unfortunately only caught 4 of them. I don't think you're gonna see 200 yards and 3 tds again this year but I'd have no problem sticking him in my lineup as a WR 2-3 right now.

Edited by myhousekey

Curtis was stud-ish last year when I Bruce got hurt. Now he looks like the only reliable receiver on that team, except for Westbrook. I've got some developing WR's on my team (S. Holmes, B. Marshall, V. Jax), but am inclined to play Curtis ahead of those guys until he shows me I'm wrong.

The Kids got game!

I think he's a great #3 WR and average #2...

he'll have explosive games every couple of weeks....but nothing like last week...

you'll see him get shut down for 2..maybe 3 weeks in a row and then maybe go off for a couple of games...and still have some decent numbers at times between the explosive games...

He's legit but the Eagles tend change #1s week to week depending on who is having the most success (except when Owens was there and Curtis is no Owens).

He may disappoint you some weeks. I'd feel safe as a #3 or #2 if I was thin at WR.

As stated earlier McNabb seems to like him more than Brown, we'll see how it works out when he starts getting double-teamed and playing teams with a secondary

Is Curtis the Legit number 1 in Philly and the legit number 2 on our fantasy teams or do we need to see more from him. I think I will bump him in front ov V. Jackson as my number 2? Good move or mistake???

He is a dog in the pound. Looks good when your at the dog pound. Waggles his tail, has his head up. You take him home, and he shiiiits on your new recliner.

Beware of the dog. I am an owner, but skeptical of a one day performance. 18 years of fantasy has given me wisdom weather accurate or not. With that being said, I am forced to start him with AJ being in the doctor's office.

For what it is worth.... local radio stations (being in the philly area) talked about how Curtis went down to Arizona during the summer to work with McNabb....and plus after their MNF loss to the Skins.....the two of them did a lot of extra work together. That being said....I still believe that he is a better second receiver on a team... He had some success with the Rams but you have to realize that he had Tory Holt on the other side of him who drew all the tight coverage and best corners....double teams. It will be interesting to see what he does when he starts drawing the best corner on a team.... He is a definite must start this week against the Giants though...since their secondary is in shambles....

I still dont see the Eagles as having a clear cut #1..... my feeling is that McNabb will spread the ball around......it will be interesting to see how Reggie Brown will do once Curtis draws the best guy in the secondary. It may be an ideal opportunity to buy low on Reggie Brown.

Let's see:

Curtis 30 targets, 17 receptions, 302 yards, 3 TDs

Brown 16 targets, 5 receptions, 64 yards, 0 TDs

Curtis is #10 in targets for WRs.

They brought him in for I believe 5 years at 5 million per year.

I'd say he's their #1 WR target and a great WR3 and very solid WR2 in most fantasy leagues. He was darn good in STL when Bruce went down. I'm certain he was top 15 among WRs until Bruce came back.

Yeah, he's for real.

The more I think about it, he's a very very good #2 WR in 12 team leagues, he'll be top 15 in WR scoring.

The games I recall Curtis being very good were in 2005 when Bruce was out.

Week 3 TEN 5 56 11.20 1 0 0 0 0

Week 4 @NYG 6 78 13.00 0 1 0 0 0

Week 5 SEA 5 63 12.60 1 0 0 0 0

Week 6 @IND 3 73 24.33 1 0 0 0 0

Week 7 NOR 4 90 22.50 0 0 1 5 1

Week 8 JAC 3 105 35.00 1 0 0 0 0

Week 9 < bye >

Week 10 @SEA 6 51 8.50 0 0 0 0 0

Week 11 ARI 9 98 10.89 1

that's 614 yards and 6 TDs in 8 weeks.

That's about what you'll see in Philly. I also believe he'll be pretty consistent going forward.

1200 yards 10+ TDs

Edited by Turf Boy

I'm starting him too. I picked him up off waivers a couple of years ago as a fill in and remembered he did pretty well for me so I drafted him late this year as a number 4 wr. I benched Berrian for him this week so everyone that has Berrian can expect great numbers from him this week. lol

Just picked him up off waivers last night. We can play as few as 2 WR and as many as 4. My guys: Donald Driver, Calvin Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Kevin Curtis, Jacoby Jones.

I am happy with that and don't expect Curtis to go off for 100/1 every week. I'd be thrilled for 6/60/1 averaged over the remainder of the season.