[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USF vs.. WVU

theprofessor

This looks to be a great game to open week 5 of College football. Can the Bulls knock West Virginia out of the NC race as they did last year in Morgantown? USF definately has the talent and speed to match up alone with WV wide outs allowing their safeties to play up to help shut down the speed of Slaton, Devine and White. Throw in the revenge factor, USF wanting to show that they're for real and the speed of both teams and you have the recipe for a great college football game. I'm looking forward to this one.

USF = 34 WVU = 31

This is definitely the second best matchup this week, behind Cal v. OR, and I look forward to watching them both....

Agree Cal vs. Oregon looks to be a great matchup.(over/under 73) Unfortunatley down here in my part of the country we won't be able to see that game. From what I'm hearing we get Kansas State @ Texas. Although KS beat the Longhorns last year, can't see it being much of a game. Texas rolls. Was sort of thinking or hoping ABC might make USC vs. Washington the regional game and replace their national game with Oregon vs. Cal . But as we all know, the media likes to promote their Southern Cal Trojans.

Now in keeping with the subject of the thread I like West Virginia over South Florida. West Virginia's new running back Noel Devine will be the difference.

West Virginia 31 South Florida 20.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Agree Cal vs. Oregon looks to be a great matchup.(over/under 73) Unfortunatley down here in my part of the country we won't be able to see that game. From what I'm hearing we get Kansas State @ Texas. Although KS beat the Longhorns last year, can't see it being much of a game. Texas rolls. Was sort of thinking or hoping ABC might make USC vs. Washington the regional game and replace it with Oregon vs. Cal .

Now in keeping with the subject of the thread I like West Virginia over South Florida. West Virginia's new running back Noel Devine will be the difference.

West Virginia 31 South Florida 20.

yep- tonight should be a helluva game -

Do yerself a favor Sat- get yer ass to a sportsbar and watch the Cal/Oregon game - skilled athletes all over the field- should be totally entertaining.......

KSU/UT - ugh- have fun with that garbage.

yep- tonight should be a helluva game -

Do yerself a favor Sat- get yer ass to a sportsbar and watch the Cal/Oregon game - skilled athletes all over the field- should be totally entertaining.......

KSU/UT - ugh- have fun with that garbage.

Question: What's with the line movement on the Oregon vs. Cal game? Thought it started off Ducks giving up around 4,1/2, yet last time I checked it was 6 1/2. Find it hard to believe that many people would be betting on the Ducks to account for a 2 point movement?

Question: What's with the line movement on the Oregon vs. Cal game? Thought it started off Ducks giving up around 4,1/2, yet last time I checked it was 6 1/2. Find it hard to believe that many people would be betting on the Ducks to account for a 2 point movement?

I was wondering that myself- if the line does stay around 6.5, I will be on Cal, I think there is nice value there. Game should be close either way.

Eugene is a tough tough place to win at- but Cal has the look of a team that won't be denied.

I was wondering that myself- if the line does stay around 6.5, I will be on Cal, I think there is nice value there. Game should be close either way.

Eugene is a tough tough place to win at- but Cal has the look of a team that won't be denied.

To be honest, I was leaning towards the Ducks myself based off what all you Pac 10 guys have been saying about how tough it's going to be for the trojans to win up there. Much like the stock market it's tough to buy high. 6 1/2 knowing it was 4 1/2 just a couple of days ago may have me on the sidelines on this one.

To be honest, I was leaning towards the Ducks myself based off what all you Pac 10 guys have been saying about how tough it's going to be for the trojans to win up there. Much like the stock market it's tough to buy high. 6 1/2 knowing it was 4 1/2 just a couple of days ago may have me on the sidelines on this one.

Good call - I'd stay off this one too. It is tough to win up there, with all the noise and wet field. (Belotti is infamous for wetting that thing down, creating an even bigger home field advantage - kinda like Fatty growing the grass extra long in South Bend.)

And that Ducks QB is a VY-like run threat - very tough to contain all day/night. BTW, watch the USC/Huskies highlights for another up and coming QB, freshman sensation Jake Locker. He is supposedly off the charts too, and even Coach Carroll is talking about 'lucky to be catching him in his first year' versus the next couple years. Carroll recruited him hard, of course, but the kid didn't want to leave WA.

Good call - I'd stay off this one too. It is tough to win up there, with all the noise and wet field. (Belotti is infamous for wetting that thing down, creating an even bigger home field advantage - kinda like Fatty growing the grass extra long in South Bend.)

And that Ducks QB is a VY-like run threat - very tough to contain all day/night. BTW, watch the USC/Huskies highlights for another up and coming QB, freshman sensation Jake Locker. He is supposedly off the charts too, and even Coach Carroll is talking about 'lucky to be catching him in his first year' versus the next couple years. Carroll recruited him hard, of course, but the kid didn't want to leave WA.

should be a great game- no question. I will be on Cal +6.5 tho- for damn sure just because I think the line is off...........

funny story about Locker- who is UNREAL, and will be one of the best QB's in the country next year. But I know a couple guys close to Sarkisian, and what I heard is that Carroll backed off on Locker, and wernt with other QB's b/c he was too much of a devout Christian. Carroll wanted more of a guys guy who could take charge, lead in the huddle, and drop an F bomb now and then. FWIW -

funny story about Locker- who is UNREAL, and will be one of the best QB's in the country next year. But I know a couple guys close to Sarkisian, and what I heard is that Carroll backed off on Locker, and wernt with other QB's b/c he was too much of a devout Christian. Carroll wanted more of a guys guy who could take charge, lead in the huddle, and drop an F bomb now and then. FWIW -

Could be true - interesting. I only went from Carroll's comments on local radio Wed. afternoon, re: him wanting to stay close to home. Of course he wouldn't have mentioned your story...

Nice call Professor. Most the experts were picking USF as well, but you gotta wonder how many actually put their money up. I was at a high school game, so I didn't watch this game. Finally box score indicates you had an enjoyable evening. :D

Yup - nice call USF really looked good and just are flat out a better, faster squad than WVU. The better team won.

They got some serious athletes in the state of Florida