[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kicker projections - logic check

doctor_stoppage

Then it is no more a strategy than throwing darts at names or flipping coins, if you truly believe kickers are so totally unpredictable.

I believe there are many situational elements and team matchup elements that can go in to making a rational, thought out prediction of a kicker's performance for a particular week that irrelevant factors such as my opponents lineup, or the above mentioned dart throwing or coin flipping should not have a bearing on my decision.

easy there cowboy....you sound like your going to burst a blood vessel.......to each his own.....ive won fantasy matchups this way and ill keep on doing it......you can continue with your situational and team matchup elements. :D

In my experience, the best thing to do with kickers is to not worry too much about them. Going into a draft, I know some clown will take a big name kicker too early and then a couple sheep will follow him over the edge. I let these fools have their fun, look at who is left, and then pick a guy who has shown some consistency and plays in a decent offense. My personal taste is to take guys who kick indoors or in warmer climates if possible. Weather is one of the only adversaries(other than a poor offense) that a kicker faces, so if I can get a dome guy and take the cold wind out of the equation for most games, all the better. But there is no guarantee a dome kicker will be more accurate than an outside kicker, or vice versa. And there is no guarantee a guy who lead the league in FGs the previous year will crack the top 5 the next. They're just too tough to predict that way and that is why I say dont take one too early and NEVER carry more than one. Get a guy, put him in, and forget about it unless he is on a bye, gets hurt, or is just not scoring at all. There are usually plenty of kickers on the waiver wire so I dont think there is ever too much call to worry about them.

In my experience, the best thing to do with kickers is to not worry too much about them. Going into a draft, I know some clown will take a big name kicker too early and then a couple sheep will follow him over the edge. I let these fools have their fun, look at who is left, and then pick a guy who has shown some consistency and plays in a decent offense. My personal taste is to take guys who kick indoors or in warmer climates if possible. Weather is one of the only adversaries(other than a poor offense) that a kicker faces, so if I can get a dome guy and take the cold wind out of the equation for most games, all the better. But there is no guarantee a dome kicker will be more accurate than an outside kicker, or vice versa. And there is no guarantee a guy who lead the league in FGs the previous year will crack the top 5 the next. They're just too tough to predict that way and that is why I say dont take one too early and NEVER carry more than one. Get a guy, put him in, and forget about it unless he is on a bye, gets hurt, or is just not scoring at all. There are usually plenty of kickers on the waiver wire so I dont think there is ever too much call to worry about them.

Absolutely 100% +1