[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Real Trade Values

Qball86

I've seen a lot of posts about ridiculous trade offers made by either criminal or un-intelligent owners in various leagues. Personally when I make a trade offer to another owner I consider whether or not I can sell him/her/them on the benefits to their team of the trade itself. If I can get what I need without giving much up and still be able to say "Look what that does for your team" I'll make the offer.

Here in lies the rub, what are players worth? I'd like to see a chart, like the pre-season draft charts that tier players based on potential, be converted into a trade chart of sorts. Something that answers the question "I want to shop Reggie Bush now, what tier of players could I honestly ask for with Bush as bait?" Does he bring tier 2 value or below, could I package him with a WR to move into the tier 1 area? Kinda like the carnival games where at first you win a "small" prize but if you win two you can trade them for a "medium" prize. I need a tier chart of small, medium and big prizes.

The possibility does exist that without seeing how a trade would affect the other owner value could not be established. I'd hope that some huddlers could look past that and still offer a baseline value expectation for "tradable" players.

I'll offer the first question of value. What type of RBs would I be able to get for Reggie Bush. I'd like to try for a T Jones or AP type RB understanding I may need to go 2 for 1 and add someone like Coles or Calvin Johnson.

Any thoughts on Bushs' value are welcome otherwise feel free to move this thread around to other players you own that you would like to see what their consensus value is.

The thing is, you have to look at the other team first. If the team has 2 really good RBs starting (if they have those and won't trade them, that hinders the possibilities), why would they trade for Bush? You have to see the teams needs, and what will help them out and help you too All my trades are usually multiplayer, because a person usually needs another position than I want from them.

When I trade, I take into account how durable a player is, their future value, will it hurt my team, what gaps will the person I'm trying to acquire help?

The trade I did yesterday Is a prime example of it:

Carnell Williams

A. Battle

C. Pennington

for.

Ben Watson

K. Jones

M. Furrey

The team needed a RB and QB right away to stop the bleeding from Brees and his average RBs. Williams had a couple decent games in a row, so he did it. I needed a TE, and I thought K. Jones would be a good future player. The Battle for Furrey is what I think will help me in the long run when I need to plug in a WR. It looks meaningless, but Furrey is on a much better offense than Battle. There are also a lot more factors I put into to the trade before I actually offered it.

It's hard to have an established value system, because each person will value their players more or less than another.

Edited by CD6405

I figured the other teams roster would be a bigger hurdle than could be crossed. I was just hoping to be able to see what level of RB i could go after with a Bush type RB. My thoughts were that one team has T Jones as their bench RB but not much in WRs(or QB since he drafted Brees/Colston, ouch) and was offering Bush/Coles for T Jones appropriate. I think so but was just wondering and stumbled onto a trade tier thought that now doesn't seem to be plausible.

Tiering players this way is just about impossible because there are a lot of varying factors for player value. What type of league, scoring system and team needs all play a big role in the value of a trade and it would be extremely difficult and possibly misleading to do so.

players are worth what their owners think they are worth. No chart will help with this.

I remember the season Lamar Smith was having a nice year in Carolina, and the owner tried to trade him to me in a package to get some long term established stud RB back in return. But to him, Lamar was a top 12 )or something like that) back at the time, so he had to trade him as such. That doesn't mean I want to trade for him with the same mindset, though.

I'm in a PPR keeper league and have been offered Harrison and a high pick for Bush. I don't think I'll do it b/c I'm anxious to see how he does w/out McAllister. I also have FWP, Lynch, D. Williams, Leonard. Trading Bush would certainly hurt my RB depth. Adding Harrison to go along w/R Williams, B.Edwards, and Cotchery would be rather nice though me thinks.

Edited by fitzkek