[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Pittman - RB St Louis Rams

scuba chuck

Pittman was picked to be a top 4 RB in this years draft. He was the New Orleans 4th round draft pick.. It says in the article "Clearly the Saints were impressed with Pittman, so much so that they moved up 17 spots in the fourth round and also surrendered a fifth round pick in an effort to obtain Pittman's services.." He was dropped (go figure) because there is just so much depth at NO (wonder if they regret this now?). Now he's at St Louis, who just picked him up (free draft pick). When you look at the St Louis backfield behind Stephen Jackson, there's Brian Leonard (who doesn't have him on his squad already? - and like u got him), who is more like Mike Alstott, Travis Minor (um - journeyman) and then - there's the former Ohio State Buckeye Antonio Pittman.

In my league, it's difficult to grab guys once they are a known commodity (12 team league). Am I getting way too ahead of myself? Thoughts on Pittman?

Pittman was picked to be a top 4 RB in this years draft.

By whom?

He's a one dimensional RB who doesn't have the size to play to his one strength - running between the tackles - at the NFL level. He was cut in favor of Pierre Thomas for a legitimate reason, and if he can't keep his job over a RB like Thomas, how does he possibly bypass a player of Leonard's ability and get time in STL?

I just don't see it, but if you have very deep rosters or you play in a very large league, he's as good of a flyer as a half dozen other RBs who are 3 levels down the pecking order at RB on their teams, I guess.

Bear in mind, before he went down with an injury, Action Jackson was not exactly tearing it up in St Louis behind that line.....Lot of folks feel that all of sudden Leonard (and possibly Pittman) will now be able to produce???

Action Jackson had only 233 yards on 69 attempts, 0 tds and 3 fumbles.....

think Rams are in for a LONG season, and that Leonard or Pittman will fill in until Jackson is back, but with Rams schedule, would be TOUGH to put him in the lineup with confidence....

Edited by chinatown dragons

Brian Leonard is the furthest thing from an Alstott... fast, agile, and can catch. I really think you're wasting a roster space and getting way too ahead of yourself by picking up Pittman. The guy has done absolutely nothing for the Rams yet. If I'm wrong then I'll admit I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening.

Leonard probably will be taken off special-teams duty, or at least have his role there greatly diminished. On offense, Travis Minor will spell Leonard, particularly in some third-down situations. But otherwise, it's his football.

With Jackson playing only a handful of plays in the preseason, Leonard was used entirely at running back during exhibition play, leading the team in carries (39) and rushing yards (125).
Edited by twiley

Brian Leonard is the furthest thing from an Alstott... fast, agile, and can catch. I really think you're wasting a roster space and getting way too ahead of yourself by picking up Pittman. The guy has done absolutely nothing for the Rams yet. If I'm wrong then I'll admit I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening.

Sure is nice seeing someone who can't dance running the f'n ball. :D

Glad to see you understand the situation here. If I wait, then there will be little chance getting him.

Overall, I do see the bigger picture here. Pitman is just another Travis Minor.

Glad to see you understand the situation here. If I wait, then there will be little chance getting him.

Overall, I do see the bigger picture here. Pitman is just another Travis Minor.

By all means, grab him then. IMHSMO, I think its a waste of a waiver unless you have unlimited waivers and can afford to let him sit on your roster for the season.

And I do understand the situation, I've been to every pre-season and home game this year and know that Leonard and Minor both have so much more knowledge of the offense right now that it will still be weeks before Pittman sees any significant playtime - if any at all.

Edited by twiley

I started out reading about running backs.

Then about 5 minutes later I realized I was just trying to figure out if I like Scuba Chuck's avitar or Twiley's better.

In an unusual instance, I think Scuba Chuck may have nipped Twiley this time ...