[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chester Taylor will start over Adrian Peterson in Week 4.

mhayhurst

Rotoworld

Chester Taylor will start over Adrian Peterson in Week 4.

"Adrian will be in after him," Vikings coach Brad Childress said Friday. Taylor will be active, but is a weak flex consideration against a strong Packers defense. Peterson would be a decent play in non-PPR leagues because he figures to get the goal-line carries and possibly more action overall.

Minneapolis Star-Tribune

"RB Chester Taylor (strained oblique) will return to the field after missing two games. “He’ll start the game,” Childress said, “and Adrian [Peterson] will be in after him.”"

Per Rotoworld per Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Edited by mhayhurst

:D

Childress is a turd.

Also, good call by Childress on Peterson not being in the game last weekend when they needed to drive the field to tie or win. All that brilliant pass protection that Moore provided was very helpful in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

4th quarter

Minnesota Vikings at 01:39

1-10-MIN 20 (1:39) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass to 30-M.Moore to MIN 24 for 4 yards (34-T.Brackenridge).

2-6-MIN 24 (1:16) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete short right to 19-B.Wade.

3-6-MIN 24 (1:13) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass short right to 19-B.Wade to MIN 29 for 5 yards (24-T.Law).

4-1-MIN 29 (1:13) 13-K.Holcomb up the middle to MIN 29 for no gain (90-T.McBride). PENALTY on KC, Defensive 12 On-field, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 29 - No Play.

1-10-MIN 34 (:46) 13-K.Holcomb pass short middle to 19-B.Wade to MIN 44 for 10 yards (59-D.Edwards).

1-10-MIN 44 (:46) 13-K.Holcomb sacked at MIN 38 for -6 yards (91-T.Hali, 56-D.Johnson).

3-16-MIN 38 (:07) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete short left to 30-M.Moore.

4-16-MIN 38 (:02) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete to 30-M.Moore (99-K.Bell). PENALTY on MIN, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 38 - No Play.

4-22-MIN 33 (:01) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass short middle to 30-M.Moore to MIN 39 for 6 yards (59-D.Edwards).

Edited by kingfish247

Sounds more like a Dallas situation to me. Taylor/Jones starts, Peterson/Barber gets the meaningful scoring.

I don't think it's a bad thing for Childress to stay conservative with his rookie RB. The guy has had the load thus far, and he has a history of injury. Trying to keep him fresh?

I say sit Peterson, give him a breather for week 4. :D

Sounds more like a Dallas situation to me. Taylor/Jones starts, Peterson/Barber gets the meaningful scoring.

I don't think it's a bad thing for Childress to stay conservative with his rookie RB. The guy has had the load thus far, and he has a history of injury. Trying to keep him fresh?

I say sit Peterson, give him a breather for week 4. :D

Packer fan, eh?

I think it's the smart move - he has to keep Peterson healthy and fresh, and Taylor is a good back when healthy - he showed it already this season. Peterson a little fresher makes him all the more dangerous - he took some solid hits in extended duty in the Chiefs game, and it worried me to see him out there in some of those situations. Moore is still a pretty good 3rd down back.

I know what Peterson is, but they shouldn't kill the guy.

1. I think this is 100% true. Again as was said above, team needs to drive for the win late in the 4 Q and their best player BY FAR is on the bench. What does that tell you about Childress? And don't give me pass protection becuase Moore was in on almost every play with a catch or run.

2. AP is still a good # 2. He will get his 15 touches a game IMO. Just may not get 20.

Childress is an idiot and ANYONE who thinks this is a bluff is nuts. I would be SHOCKED if Taylor isn't involved if healthy.

I for one :D this decision

And it's not because I drafted Taylor and Chris Brown as backups to Brandon Jacobs and Rudi Johnson, and without Chester coming back on-line I would have to start D Ward and M Pittman. Nope, it didn't affect my decision on this move at all..... :D

Even as an AD owner in three leagues, I don't find this to be all that big a deal. Mewelde Moore has gotten plenty of snaps the past two weeks after being inactive in Week One. So Taylor comes back in, Moore goes back to the bench, and it's business as usual for Peterson.

Edited by tomfin2000

Even as an AD owner in three leagues, I don't find this to be all that big a deal. Mewelde Moore has gotten plenty of snaps the past two weeks after being inactive in Week One. So Taylor comes back in, Moore goes back to the bench, and it's business as usual for Peterson.

Taylor will get more touches than Moore was getting IMO. I think this situation will be very simialr to the Bush/McAllister one last year. Except I think ADP is a better all around player to handle inside running and outside running as compared to Bush. So that could be a difference that allows ADP to carry more of the load. Time will tell.

:D

Childress is a turd.

Also, good call by Childress on Peterson not being in the game last weekend when they needed to drive the field to tie or win. All that brilliant pass protection that Moore provided was very helpful in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

4th quarter

You obviously did not watch the game...

Meh...it's not an amazing matchup and the QB situation in Minny is Athenae. I prefer Taylor to take the initial hits against a jacked up D n a divisional matchup. Taylor loosens them up with smart, patient football and ADP rams it down their throats. If Minny ever signs, trades, or drafts an average to good QB they could be scary.

I can't wait to see how this shakes out. Starting Lamont over ADP.