[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why are so many players hurt

BigMikeinNY

My philosophy is that over the past decade the amount of supplements from vitamins, to creatines, to testosterone enhancers has increased a ton. Whether they are legal, illegal, or doctor prescribed; the amount of now pills, creams, and shakes you can pop to help your "performance" is astronomical. I feel that many of these football players and other athletes are seeing the effects of almost acting as quinnea pigs over the past 10 years.

Thats not the right or wrong answer, just why I think the weekly injury report every week can now easily compete with War and Peace

BigMike

I think it has to do with what these supplements are doing to their physical abilities. These guys today are just getting ridiculously huge and fast. My good friends brothers both played college football (Iowa / Georgia Tech) and one played in the NFL for the Lions. In the prime of their training they were enormous but the most amazing part is how fast they were for their size. The sport at that level today is outright dangerous. I can't imagine what it must feel like to be run into by a man who weighs 240 and runs a 4.4 40. The crazy thing is they keep getting bigger and faster. Look at the size of kids who are playing Highschool football today.

Edited by m4m25

Personally, I belive it's no different in terms of volume. The difference is how the NFL is cracking down on teams and forcing them to report the injuries moreso than in the past. If players didn't practice in the past, they didn't have to be listed on the injury report, it was an arbitrary decision. Now, it isn't that way thanks to coaches f'ing around with the rules in the past. JSMHO.