[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stud RB theory

guppy king

Thanks for understanding the concept of this thread. :D

League 1

Draft LT 1st overall ... apparently I didn't "give up too much" as I am 3-0. LT is a stud, albeit an under-performing one right now.

League 2

My RBs are Willie Parker and Cedric Benson ... 3-0

League 3

My RBs are Addai, Ahman Green, DeAngelo Williams ... 2-1

League 4

My RBs are MBIII, Maroney, Lewis, Ronnie Brown ... 2-1

League 5

My RBs are Ronnie Brown, LaMont Jordan and Ladell Betts ... 2-1

I'd say that for the most part unless you score at least one "stud RB" your team won't do very well.

The last several years in several of my leagues various owners have tried to veer away from stud RBs in the first 2 rounds drafting WRs instead ... without fail these guys do not make the playoffs.

I can see what people say about this forum is true. IQs smaller than their pant size. The game was to put a name next to a emoticon. Don't give a rat's azz about your teams or whether you have a player and he'll get better. Just how you think they've done thru three games using only emoticons and w/o explaining. Good gawd a 2nd grader understood the concept. Oh well, so much for amusing myself while I'm sick. Consider the topic dead.

I can see what people say about this forum is true. IQs smaller than their pant size. The game was to put a name next to a emoticon. Don't give a rat's azz about your teams or whether you have a player and he'll get better. Just how you think they've done thru three games using only emoticons and w/o explaining. Good gawd a 2nd grader understood the concept. Oh well, so much for amusing myself while I'm sick. Consider the topic dead.

I guess when a 2nd grader comes up with a concept he deems to be brilliant, innovative and cool it takes another 2nd grader to grasp said concept.

Edited by Grits and Shins

League 1

Draft LT 1st overall ... apparently I didn't "give up too much" as I am 3-0. LT is a stud, albeit an under-performing one right now.

League 2

My RBs are Willie Parker and Cedric Benson ... 3-0

League 3

My RBs are Addai, Ahman Green, DeAngelo Williams ... 2-1

League 4

My RBs are MBIII, Maroney, Lewis, Ronnie Brown ... 2-1

League 5

My RBs are Ronnie Brown, LaMont Jordan and Ladell Betts ... 2-1

I'd say that for the most part unless you score at least one "stud RB" your team won't do very well.

The last several years in several of my leagues various owners have tried to veer away from stud RBs in the first 2 rounds drafting WRs instead ... without fail these guys do not make the playoffs.

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::D:sick::D:D

I think that's usually true, though not always.

I have one "stud" runningback on my team in FWP, and a second runningback which is whoever is starting in Houston (have Green, Dayne and Gado). I have some good receivers in Gates, T.O. (TO almost performs like a runningback) and Berrian, and a few others with potential in Burleson, Vernon Davis and Jacoby Jones. I also have a studly looking IDP defense. My one main problem area is at quarterback, where I have Alex Smith and nothing better from what I see. With the season that Tom Brady is having, my end of season projections and quick math tells me that if I can acquire him for FWP along with another dependable top-of-the-line receiver like TJ Houshmanzadeh to fill in for Parker, my team will put up more points overall by years end and have a good chance of being in the thick of things when it gets down to the wire.

Edited by Crazysight

I don't believe that you need a "stud" RB either, but I think it's fair to say that you're going to have a really difficult time winning if you don't get above-average production out of that position. In most scoring systems, RBs are the most consistent scorers. Considering that demand for featured backs far exceeds the supply, the team that has two of them is is a much better position to win than the one that doesn't. And I'm sure that I just wasted 10 seconds of everybody's time by writing that, because it's basic Fantasy Football 101.

FWIW, my one and only FF championship came with LT and Faulk in my backfield. And I've never made it to a championship game without two studs or near-studs in my backfield (George/Taylor, Faulk/Alexander, Ricky/C-Mart). In the years that I've been left with an RBBC guy in my starting lineup and have tried to compensate by being strong at QB/WR, I've failed miserably (Palmer/Holt/D-Jax/A. Johnson, Vick/Brown/Ward/Boston). My feeling is that you need a massive amount of luck at QB/WR/TE (finding diamonds in the rough, career years, no injuries) if your starting backs don't each rush for at least 1,000 yds or so.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I've won two fantasy championships with only one stud runningback, Ahman Green, and very little else at that position (however I was riding the wings of a very studly Daunte Culpepper at the time and had both my IDP positions and receiver/flex positions well taken care of). If I could get Tom Brady on my team now I'd be in a very similar situation. Ahman Green certainly isn't as studly now as he used to be, but everything else on my team would be the same as it was before other than the fact that my receivers would be much better than they've ever been for me in the past.

Edited by Crazysight

and had both my IDP positions

The one thing that I should've mentioned is that I was basing my case on FF leagues that employ standard offensive lineups and DTs. Obviously, having additional positions in the form of IDPs can render RB production less critical.

wow, I've been here less than a day and already getting flamed. It was mostly just a fun thread. Notice where I said "SO FAR". I've never drafted a top rb and never will most likely. This year my rbs are Portis, MB3, and KJ.

Thanks for the welcome. Next time, I'll hop into my time machine and post 3 weeks before I joined. :D

It's not you. People are crying over LJ not doing anything. And anyone pointing that out and includes the word stud, gets flamed.