[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#1 USC and Washington

theeohiostate

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After last year's NC game you should add the i guess. Won't be a true NC game unless an SEC team is involved.

Or Florida just matched up REALLY well with Ohio State, which btw, shocked nearly everyone. It wasn't like you were on here saying the Gators would roll. I believe only Gator fans probably believed and even they didn't expect the game to be so lopsided. Plus, Ohio State is a long time SEC b|tch. I said it in an earlier post, Ohio State could easily sneak into this picture. With the iffy Big Ten, the Buckeyes are now right in the middle of the race. Can LSU get through the SEC unblemished? Odds are against it. Same with USC in the Pac 10.

After last year's NC game you should add the i guess. Won't be a true NC game unless an SEC team is involved.

True dat ! The Bucks got it handed to them, but don't act like anyone saw that coming. Florida was the better team any way you slice it, but OSU being off for over 2 months, in essence, an entire offseason, may have lead to the score being so far out of wack.

Don't go patting yourself on the back withe the LSU win over ND, That's about laughable. We all kow that game was a joke and ND is showing how good it is this season. I dare say, if you guys would have faced a legit team like Wisconsin instead of cupcake city, you'd have lost handily. As the Big 10 showed it's strength against the SEC last bowl season.

Pac-10 homer or not I've seen both USC and OSU this year and OSU would not score more than 7 points against the Trojans. The Ohio St-Washington game turned on back-to-back plays .... the bomb to Robiskie and then the fumble on the ensuing kick off. The momentum and the game switched to OSU after that and the Huskies didn't have the skill players at WR to make a difference. OSU is good, but not Top 5 good. :D

Edited by theprofessor

Pac-10 homer or not I've seen both USC and OSU this year and OSU would not score more than 7 points against the Trojans. The Ohio St-Washington game turned on back-to-back plays .... the bomb to Robiskie and then the fumble on the ensuing kick off. The momentum and the game switched to OSU after that and the Huskies didn't have the skill players at WR to make a difference. OSU is good, but not Top 5 good. :D

Then who exactly is top 5 good? Honestly, they are unblemished, and anyway you look at it, OSU went in and dominated UW in Husky Stadium. I don't think because they did that, and USC barely snuck by, that Ohio State is better than them by any stretch. USC is #1 until proven otherwise for me, however, who is top 5?

And yeah, ok, Ohio State wouldnt finish higher than 4th in the Pac 10? PLEASE! Based on what? Certainly not based on any particular quality wins that any of those Pac 10 teams got right? I mean Oregon over Michigan is the most imrpessive win so far, OSU might very well do the same thing at the end of the year.

Then who exactly is top 5 good? Honestly, they are unblemished, and anyway you look at it, OSU went in and dominated UW in Husky Stadium. I don't think because they did that, and USC barely snuck by, that Ohio State is better than them by any stretch. USC is #1 until proven otherwise for me, however, who is top 5?

And yeah, ok, Ohio State wouldnt finish higher than 4th in the Pac 10? PLEASE! Based on what? Certainly not based on any particular quality wins that any of those Pac 10 teams got right? I mean Oregon over Michigan is the most imrpessive win so far, OSU might very well do the same thing at the end of the year.

OSU is probably the best team in yer league, and are close to being a top 5 team in the polls, but who knows?

the Big 10 YET AGAIN doesn't seem to be a good gauge of a teams strength nationally.

as of now, I would rank em........

USC

CAL

OREGON

OSU

OSU is probably the best team in yer league, and are close to being a top 5 team in the polls, but who knows?

the Big 10 YET AGAIN doesn't seem to be a good gauge of a teams strength nationally.

as of now, I would rank em........

USC

CAL

OREGON

OSU

And I suppose the Pac 10 is? Again... What besides Oregons win over a below average Michigan team, or Cals win over a below average Tennessee team prove? Just as much as Ohio State handing it to Washington in there house. And notice, I haven't even been debating the Big Ten vs Pac 10, because quite frankly, at this point in the season, it's pointless. Talk to me after the bowls. Big Ten has 2 teams in the top 5, do I think that makes them a superior conference to say, the overhyped SEC? No. It doesn't mean anything right now. You can sit here and chirp on and on all you want about how you think the Pac 10 is so great, and how we should overlook UCLA getting DESTROYED by a mid-major, but be realistic about it. The top 3 in the Pac 10 are very good, but I will not subscribe to any notion that any of them are better than Ohio State and Wisconsin, until the end of the season when the bowls have taken place, because right now, all of them have been equal on the field in terms of what they've accomplished.

And I suppose the Pac 10 is? Again... What besides Oregons win over a below average Michigan team, or Cals win over a below average Tennessee team prove? Just as much as Ohio State handing it to Washington in there house. And notice, I haven't even been debating the Big Ten vs Pac 10, because quite frankly, at this point in the season, it's pointless. Talk to me after the bowls. Big Ten has 2 teams in the top 5, do I think that makes them a superior conference to say, the overhyped SEC? No. It doesn't mean anything right now. You can sit here and chirp on and on all you want about how you think the Pac 10 is so great, and how we should overlook UCLA getting DESTROYED by a mid-major, but be realistic about it. The top 3 in the Pac 10 are very good, but I will not subscribe to any notion that any of them are better than Ohio State and Wisconsin, until the end of the season when the bowls have taken place, because right now, all of them have been equal on the field in terms of what they've accomplished.

Brian you say talk to you after the bowls? In a recent thread you claim LSU has not beaten a decent team this year or even last year, yet you proudly proclaim your Big 10 teams Wisconsin and Penn State beating two SEC teams in a somewhat meanlingless bowl game on a neutral field and yet you give LSU no credit for beating those two same teams in their stadiums in significant conference games. So I'm not sure if waiting to tallk to you after the bowl games is any differnt than today.

you think I am the only one pointing out that the Pac 10 is very strong this year, and the Big 10 is not? You are the one chirping without anyone in your corner. The Big 10 las year proved to be overrated as well with the holy grail Mich-OSU matchup proved to be a joke when they both got dominated in their bowl game.

Herbstreit listed his top 5 teams, USC, LSU, CAL, OSU, Oregon- so wake up and give some credit where it is due.

Sagarin ratings - and he is certainly smarter than both of us has the Big 10 6th. behind Pac 10, SEC, BE, Big 12, ACC

I don't think I need to defend Pac 10 conference play.........since it is the only place that USC ever loses. They dummy the rest of the nation, and lose tough, conference games.

and no OSU "handling" doesnt prove jack chit- this is a young UW team that was picked to finish 9th . I don't know why you are even bringing it up. I

would be careful ablut downplaying Oregon's win at Michigan, they just may get it going and win the Big 10.

Please do me a favor, and don't bring Wisconsin into this. I wacthed them Saturday- not impressed one bit. That team would be in the bottom half of the Pac 10.

OSU went in and dominated UW in Husky Stadium.

I was at the game sitting in between some Buckeye fans and they would tell you that OSU did not dominate the Husky's. They outplayed us in the second half and the game turned on the two plays I spoke about. The Bucks are better than the Huskies but I saw them up close and their NOT Top 5 good. Great program, great fans but NOT Top 5 :D

I'm not saying the Big Ten is better than the Pac 10. I'm not even saying that the Big Ten is particularly good. I'm saying they've proven just as much. I am saying that the SEC and Pac 10 are getting set up for one great big fall though the way the media has hyped them up, the same way OSU and Michigan got hyped up last year. Ohio State and USC, whats the difference, this year? Nothing. They are both undefeated. UCLA got destroyed by Utah, please keep them out of the discussion until further notice. And prof, I watched the OSU-Wash game, and nowhere in that game did I think Ohio State was in real trouble. Again, both USC and Ohio State beat Washington in Seattle, the discussion should end there. If you arent going to rank an undefeated Ohio State in the top 5, then who WOULD you put there? Same with Wisconsin. I don't believe that either team had done anything great yet, and nothing they do for the rest of the regular season will change your mind either. But don't blame me if things come crashing down to earth.

BTW, Wisconsin could go 12-0, and you will still say the same thing. And what exactly did the Big Ten do last year to warrant such bashing anyway. Ohio State got thumped by Florida, and Michigan by USC. The 2 best teams last year. Everyone, not just big ten fans, but everyone didn't see either of those blow outs coming, especially the former. But 2 losses to the best 2 teams in the country and the floodgates open.

I'm not saying the Big Ten is better than the Pac 10. I'm not even saying that the Big Ten is particularly good. I'm saying they've proven just as much. I am saying that the SEC and Pac 10 are getting set up for one great big fall though the way the media has hyped them up, the same way OSU and Michigan got hyped up last year. Ohio State and USC, whats the difference, this year? Nothing. They are both undefeated. UCLA got destroyed by Utah, please keep them out of the discussion until further notice. And prof, I watched the OSU-Wash game, and nowhere in that game did I think Ohio State was in real trouble. Again, both USC and Ohio State beat Washington in Seattle, the discussion should end there. If you arent going to rank an undefeated Ohio State in the top 5, then who WOULD you put there? Same with Wisconsin. I don't believe that either team had done anything great yet, and nothing they do for the rest of the regular season will change your mind either. But don't blame me if things come crashing down to earth.

BTW, Wisconsin could go 12-0, and you will still say the same thing. And what exactly did the Big Ten do last year to warrant such bashing anyway. Ohio State got thumped by Florida, and Michigan by USC. The 2 best teams last year. Everyone, not just big ten fans, but everyone didn't see either of those blow outs coming, especially the former. But 2 losses to the best 2 teams in the country and the floodgates open.

I think there are 3 1-loss teams (Oregon, Florida and Oklahoma) that could handle Ohio St right now. But, given the records, I would say that OSU deserves the #5 spot in the country. I'm not saying that the Buckeyes aren't a very good team I just think that they're down from where they've been. And you're right, watching the OSU - Washington game you probably never did feel that OSU was in trouble but your fans in the stands did (until the bomb to Robiskie). The biggest thing that is missing from the Huskies is that they have no real quality wide outs that can make a difference in a close game. Locker IS the offense and as you saw Saturday night against SC he shows, at times, his inexperience by not being as poised in the pocket as he will when he gains some more time.

So yes, I'm highly irritated at my Trojans after that pathetic display, but also relieved that they still pulled it out on the road - more than many other top teams can say this weekend. But before feeling some bit of satisfaction about that, I remind myself that we lost 40% of our O-line and another CB - this is getting ridiculous. This may also explain why we didn't just run it down their throats. 16 penalties for over 160 yards and 3 turnovers?!? That's about 20 points differential right there - we should've won by about 38-13. Beyond disappointing...

I have no problem with LSU/USC at 1/2, until we can put some more impressive wins together. However, I think Cal and OR will continue to rise, and I'm scared to death about having to go on the road against them both. This week's practice at USC will be nasty, as Carroll was more animated on the sideline than I've seen him in awhile.

I said in another thread something like 'enjoy the next 10 weeks of the greatest sport in the world.' I still feel that way, and after this weekend, it seems like its been proven again in a most dramatic way...

So yes, I'm highly irritated at my Trojans after that pathetic display, but also relieved that they still pulled it out on the road - more than many other top teams can say this weekend. But before feeling some bit of satisfaction about that, I remind myself that we lost 40% of our O-line and another CB - this is getting ridiculous. This may also explain why we didn't just run it down their throats. 16 penalties for over 160 yards and 3 turnovers?!? That's about 20 points differential right there - we should've won by about 38-13. Beyond disappointing...

I have no problem with LSU/USC at 1/2, until we can put some more impressive wins together. However, I think Cal and OR will continue to rise, and I'm scared to death about having to go on the road against them both. This week's practice at USC will be nasty, as Carroll was more animated on the sideline than I've seen him in awhile.

I said in another thread something like 'enjoy the next 10 weeks of the greatest sport in the world.' I still feel that way, and after this weekend, it seems like its been proven again in a most dramatic way...

A recurring theme. The Trojans blaming their own mistakes on their near loss. It's all I've read in the papers, message boards, etc. Half of USC penalties were caused by our fan noise and 25% more were caused by the Trojans being undisciplined. Let's not forget that the Huskies gave points away by making mistakes too, especially in the first half, and then in the second half with the fumbled punt that led to the differential in the game. Let's give UW some credit .... two years in a row where we've taken a team, that's clearly superior in talent, to the brink. Last year on a questionable officiating blunder which allowed the clock to run out when we were at SC's 10 yard line and had SC's defense reeling and this year we played horrible on offense and still had opportunities to win the game. Moral victories. Perhaps. Once we get some difference makers on offense, and learn how to put teams away, the glory days at Montlake will return.

True dat ! The Bucks got it handed to them, but don't act like anyone saw that coming. Florida was the better team any way you slice it, but OSU being off for over 2 months, in essence, an entire offseason, may have lead to the score being so far out of wack.

Don't go patting yourself on the back withe the LSU win over ND, That's about laughable. We all kow that game was a joke and ND is showing how good it is this season. I dare say, if you guys would have faced a legit team like Wisconsin instead of cupcake city, you'd have lost handily. As the Big 10 showed it's strength against the SEC last bowl season.

If I recall you and most everyone here last year took ND plus the points against LSU. So please don't give me your crap about how everyone knew that game was a joke. The joke was me thinking your Buckeyes might actually hang with Florida, but in my defense being raised by an Ohio State graduate may have influence me abit . :D

If I recall you and most everyone here last year took ND plus the points against LSU. So please don't give me your crap about how everyone knew that game was a joke. The joke was me thinking your Buckeyes might actually hang with Florida, but in my defense being raised by an Ohio State graduate may have influence me abit . :wacko:

Come on brave one your off your rocker :D Nobody on this board, that I can remember, was taking ND plus the points. The general consensus, as I remember it, was that ND didn't belong in a BCS bowl game and that they were clearly overmatched going into LSU and playing in front of their home crowd. Cred check :D

Edited by theprofessor