[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bailey's Irish Cream

jaxfactor

I just found a bottle of Bailey's hidden in the back of one of my kitchen cabinets. I made a pot of coffee and was all fired up for some Bailey's in my coffee. I went to pour the stuff in and nothing came out. It was a sealed full bottle. I shook it up and chunks of stuff came out. I threw the coffee away but am saving the bottle to ask someone here that knows first. Does this stuff go bad? I don't know how long it's been in there, maybe last Christmas. Then again, maybe the one before. :D I was probably hiding it from my ex-S.O. and ended up forgetting about it. Damn it man! I was looking forward to that coffee.

I don't live by many hard fast rules, but I tend to avoid drinking things once they start separating into "chunks". That little guideline tends to serve me well.

:wacko: Yeah, I guess you're right. :D What a stupid ass question I asked. Now I know I've had one too many. The last thing I needed was some curdled Bailey's to go with the heavy beer drinking. :D sad thing is, it already looked like puke coming right out of the bottle. Yeah, c'mon over to the house sometime. For desert I'll serve you chunky Bailey's.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was at a bar last night for MNF, and baseball, and I wasn't feeling well. My stomach was turning, and I could barely drink my beer. I just didn't feel well.

So I ordered a Baileys on the rocks. The bartender and my friend looked at me very oddly. "Are you sure?" Just give me the damn drink.

I drank it down and sure enough, it settled my stomach and I went on to put back 22oz'ers of PBR. A success story.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Let's lay this bitch to rest:

Baileys is the only cream liqueur that guarantees a totally natural product that delivers that unique, smooth Baileys taste for 24 months from the day it was made. One of the keys to achieving this is the artful blending of fresh Irish cream and aged Irish whiskey - two products that are not normally compatible. This is achieved through a combination of art and science and without the use of additives or preservatives, which results in the alcohol acting as a natural preservative for the product. How we do this must remains a closely guarded secret, which contributes to producing the world's favorite liqueur. Baileys should be stored away from direct sunlight at a temperature range of 41-95 degrees Fahrenheit (5-35 degrees Centigrade). You don't have to refrigerate your bottle, but we would recommend it - and it tastes even better when chilled! Fluctuating its temperature too much will cause it to go lumpy - so try and always keep it roughly at the same temperature. The storage conditions are the same for sealed or opened bottles. If you are concerned about a bottle of Baileys - all bottles now carry a best before date - check the “Best consumed before” date on the bottle. Have you exceeded the date? If you cannot find a date on the bottle, have you had the bottle for longer than 24 months? You don't have to worry if you have - it is still fine to drink - it just won't taste as good as usual. We wouldn't recommend drinking it if it has gone lumpy or the mixture has separated though.
Edited by twiley