[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP Poll

Rockerbraves

AP Top 25

No. School Record Points Prev

1 LSU (33) 5-0 1593 2

2 Southern California (32) 4-0 1591 1

3 California (0) 5-0 1475 6

4 Ohio State (0) 5-0 1420 8

5 Wisconsin (0) 5-0 1271 9

6 South Florida (0) 4-0 1203 18

7 Boston College (0) 5-0 1172 12

8 Kentucky (0) 5-0 1143 14

9 Florida (0) 4-1 1031 4

10 Oklahoma (0) 4-1 992 3

11 South Carolina (0) 4-1 900 16

12 Georgia (0) 4-1 885 15

13 West Virginia (0) 4-1 861 5

14 Oregon (0) 4-1 837 11

15 Virginia Tech (0) 4-1 639 17

16 Hawaii (0) 5-0 586 19

17 Missouri (0) 4-0 561 20

18 Arizona State (0) 5-0 497 23

19 Texas (0) 4-1 449 7

20 Cincinnati (0) 5-0 377 24

21 Rutgers (0) 3-1 299 10

22 Clemson (0) 4-1 265 13

23 Purdue (0) 5-0 218 26

24 Kansas State (0) 3-1 214 0

25 Nebraska (0) 4-1 198 25

Others Receiving Votes: Florida State(3-1) 101; Miami (Fla.)(4-1) 83; Illinois(4-1) 59; Auburn(3-2) 52; UCLA(4-1) 49; Texas A&M(4-1) 29; Michigan State(4-1) 16; Michigan(3-2) 15; Connecticut(5-0) 9; Alabama(3-2) 6; Colorado(3-2) 5; Arkansas(2-2) 5; UCF(3-1) 5; Penn State(3-2) 4; Virginia(4-1) 3; Kansas(4-0) 3; Boise State(3-1) 3; Washington(2-3) 1

Updated: (09/30/2007) at 13:09 EST

http://www.appoll.com/

Edited by Rockerbraves

Anyone who questions LSU SOS is an idiot. LSU has already beaten South Carolina and Virginia Tech two highly ranked teams who's only blemish came against the #1 team in the nation. Now my Tigers are being asked to beat the #8 and #9 national ranked teams in consecutive weeks.

:D Geaux Tigers!

wow, what a shakeup.

whatever, not sure why USC falls out but it doesn't really matter. After watching the LSU/Tulane game - I don't think anyone in their right mind would think LSU is better than USC. as of now, USC is the better team.

Wisky is an absolute fraud at 5.

I think you will see OU, FLA , Oregon all work their way back up.

wow, what a shakeup.

whatever, not sure why USC falls out but it doesn't really matter. After watching the LSU/Tulane game - I don't think anyone in their right mind would think LSU is better than USC. as of now, USC is the better team.

Wisky is an absolute fraud at 5.

I think you will see OU, FLA , Oregon all work their way back up.

LSU will be tough to beat with that defense. USC is possible a more well rounded team, but as the saying goes defense wins championships. Certainly can't see LSU being the underdog if they end up playing down in the Dome.

Wooo, I can't wait for Thursday! Screw classes, I'm getting ready for the #8 Wildcats coming to Columbia for a great game!

Who would have thought Kentucky would be ranked #8 this early in the season? I knew they had a great QB and offense, but I thought they could fly under the radar abit longer than week 5. Should be a classic SEC matchup between 2 up and coming programs with tons on the line. Winner of this game is in control of their own destiny when it comes to making it to the SEC championship game.

In the day of the BCS, the AP hardly carries any weight in terms of #1 legitimacy. These are no longer the days of UPI/AP so any split between the AP and BCS really does favor BCS. It's just as true today as it was true when LSU won the BCS while USC pretends it's 1978 (or whatever) when laying claim to a national championship that year.

It is, functionally, an anachronism and as interesting as the fat lady in the circus.

In the day of the BCS, the AP hardly carries any weight in terms of #1 legitimacy. These are no longer the days of UPI/AP so any split between the AP and BCS really does favor BCS. It's just as true today as it was true when LSU won the BCS while USC pretends it's 1978 (or whatever) when laying claim to a national championship that year.

It is, functionally, an anachronism and as interesting as the fat lady in the circus.

I'll agree the BCS National Championship is the one any team would prefer to win, but if you can't win it on the field it's nice to know the media respects your program.

They do maybe because the NCAA recognizes it as such, and I guarantee, any other school would do the same thing, particularly when the NCAA recognizes it.

They do maybe because the NCAA recognizes it as such, and I guarantee, any other school would do the same thing, particularly when the NCAA recognizes it.

Yeah they will take it since it was given to them, but can only imagine USC players don't wear their AP rings (if they get one) as proudly as they do their BCS rings.

Yeah they will take it since it was given to them, but can only imagine USC players don't wear their AP rings (if they get one) as proudly as they do their BCS rings.

Don't know. Most people felt the Trojans were robbed that year, media and fans alike. LSU was playing the wrong team in that Sugar Bowl. USC beat a very good Michigan team, and IMO, would beat LSU as well. That USC offense was in there 04 BCS win form by the end of 03, with better receivers in Mike Williams and Keary Colbert, who were unstoppable, plus a young Reggie Bush, and a far superior defense than what they fielded in 04 or 05. I would imagine that they did get rings for the 03 national championship, and I really doubt they care either way. They are both pretty special. Again I'm not understanding why LSU fans seem to be the most vocal about it. You'd think they'd be happy to just be in the discussion.

Don't blame the media too bad for voting Ohio State #1 last year. They didn't know any better. Looks like they learned something.

are you that clueless? i'm responding about a poll you posted for THIS years rankings..........love the sly way you inject your spew of homerism into every topic or post you create. You have added nothing but blind homerism to these forums, the sooner you stop posting the better the forums will be

are you that clueless? i'm responding about a poll you posted for THIS years rankings..........love the sly way you inject your spew of homerism into every topic or post you create. You have added nothing but blind homerism to these forums, the sooner you stop posting the better the forums will be

You snotty little bastard.

Next week will be huge - either LSU emerges as a clear #1 (until USC can play OR and Cal) or the whole thing gets thrown up in the air again, with USC likely pulling away from the pack. That assumes the Trojans takes care of business again, of course. And if we keep losing starters, that will get harder and harder....

Anyone who questions LSU SOS is an idiot. LSU has already beaten South Carolina and Virginia Tech two highly ranked teams who's only blemish came against the #1 team in the nation. Now my Tigers are being asked to beat the #8 and #9 national ranked teams in consecutive weeks.

:D Geaux Tigers!

I won't question it being a very tough SOS, but I would certianly question it being as tough as USC. Cal and OR looking very strong, and if Cal goes undefeated (perish the thought! God forbid!) then they should be #1 or 2, with LSU in the other spot, IF (yes, that's a big if) they can do it. Big10+1 just not impressing, and an undefeated Boston College doesn't do it for me either.

Looking more and more like no undefeateds in the NC, or 1 at best. Maybe this is the year all hell breaks loose with the BCS? Not like it hasn't before, but maybe one more nail in the coffin. We can only hope.

This week I'm a huge Gator fan, besides the Pac10 contenders....

I won't question it being a very tough SOS, but I would certianly question it being as tough as USC. Cal and OR looking very strong, and if Cal goes undefeated (perish the thought! God forbid!) then they should be #1 or 2, with LSU in the other spot, IF (yes, that's a big if) they can do it. Big10+1 just not impressing, and an undefeated Boston College doesn't do it for me either.

Looking more and more like no undefeateds in the NC, or 1 at best. Maybe this is the year all hell breaks loose with the BCS? Not like it hasn't before, but maybe one more nail in the coffin. We can only hope.

This week I'm a huge Gator fan, besides the Pac10 contenders....

Need SC to beat Cal, Oregon to beat SC, FLA will beat LSU at least once. Then we have anarchy. Though Im not sure who beats Ohio St with their remaining schedule.